Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
outraged

Window For Children's Room That You Can See Thru From The Living Hall?

Hi all!

Have you ever came across having a small window for your kid's room that you can see thru from the living/dining?

So you can monitor your kid's progress from a quick glance instead of walking inside the room and see physically.

Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all!

Have you ever came across having a small window for your kid's room that you can see thru from the living/dining?

So you can monitor your kid's progress from a quick glance instead of walking inside the room and see physically.

Cheers!

hmmm.... never heard of ..... but sounds interesting.

maybe u can hack part of the wall and install small windows ?

hmmm.... never heard of ..... but sounds interesting.

maybe u can hack part of the wall and install small windows ?

yes bro, you are right. (just wondering about the design)

my wife saw something similar at her friend's place and personally i am against the idea!

was hoping to find some nice ideas on the window so that i can include this feature into my house design!

Window from living/dining to bedroom has it's disadvantage as living light usually on, if bedroom want to sleep early, the light very disturbing. curtains/ blinds do not cover the light fully.

Therefore, 1 way is the install a compressed window. (fixed glass panel), at adult eye level. The window is about 40cm high, and can run throughout the length of the wall. Can install shelving around the glass so that it looks like display shelving.

Hi all!

Cheers!

When childre grow up, the wall got "lobang", how?

Edited by bepgof

personally I'm against it.

What if you had visitor, do you like them to see what your child is doing inside his/her room.

If your child is changing , how?

Ask urself, if you are the children, your parent want to open a "window" for them to see you while you are inside the room.

How you feel?

just to clarify i am in the favour NOT to have this feature.

but then again i am open to ideas and would like to find out more information before i make a decision (afterall house planning is something to be decided together as i respect her)

end of the day it feels like a double edged sword... hmm....

Can do those japanese type of wooden sliding screens if inside ppl want privacy. These type of screen 100% no light penetration. Then again.. if got window.. and kids are smart.. will always keep the screens closed.

How big is your kids? In my opinion, is better to ask them always open the bedroom door. At least you can heard the sound (like playing games, chit-chat, etc...) and take chance to pass by their room, then you can peek from outside. Only close the door, when they sleep.

just to clarify i am in the favour NOT to have this feature.

but then again i am open to ideas and would like to find out more information before i make a decision (afterall house planning is something to be decided together as i respect her)

end of the day it feels like a double edged sword... hmm....

Double edged sword cuts one's bone and deep to soul.

Edited by bepgof

hmmz... cos the kid will be wherever you are right? so if you in the hall watching tv, he will be there too right? he plays alone in his room a lot?

not too sure yet where he'll be playing, the idea is to let us parents to have 'quick peep' at our kid to monitor what he is doing... :)

Might as well install a CCTV connected to living room TV. :D Grow up liao, just dismantle can liao.