Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timpanister

How To Maintain Parquet Floor?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi.....may I know how does one maintain parquet floor? besides keeping water off the floor and taking care not to dent and scratch the surface...

IMHO, these 2 reasons are enuf to get rid of it :)

I had this at my the first floor of double-link back in KL - grind it, patch it, then 3 layers of lacquer over it, few more layers at the bathroom area.

To reduce scrathes, all furniture legs are padded.

Never liked it and we were so happy to dispose of the property!!

Hi.....may I know how does one maintain parquet floor? besides keeping water off the floor and taking care not to dent and scratch the surface...

My previous condo's 3 rooms, sigh. Initially swee swee. after 3 yrs, sigh.

All legs padded, still scratches here & there, lacquer surface appeared to be "dried", have fine hairline, never mind, gaps between wood get widen - wood started to contract! No choice , fill up gaps with wood-filler compound (same colou as parquet), apply cream onto surface to "sayong" the lacquer, makes it "softer". Scratches - nothing can be done, unless grind and polish it!.

Edited by bepgof

A friend of mine like parquet flooring as she likes the warmth feel of it. She feels that scratches add character to the floor! :)

I guess parquet belongs to yesteryear.... nowadays... if you want wood feel.... timber strips!!

I guess parquet belongs to yesteryear.... nowadays... if you want wood feel.... timber strips!!

1993, I installed nyatoh stripes in raise platform in mbr, result - more or less the same as parquet - strink, surface dryup, scratches, fine cracks.....

Edited by bepgof

1993, I installed nyatoh stripes in raise platform in mbr, result - more or less the same as parquet - strink, surface dryup, scratches, fine cracks.....

I had nyatoh strips for my 2 platforms.Was finished with lacquer. 13 yrs already. Should say that still look good. Very happy with it

I had nyatoh strips for my 2 platforms.Was finished with lacquer. 13 yrs already. Should say that still look good. Very happy with it
Btw, I am shifting to another place and 3 rooms already have parquet flooring which had been there for 10 yrs. Was told that with sanding n fillers n revarnishing, it will be as good as new. Anyone tried this before? Thks!

Btw, I am shifting to another place and 3 rooms already have parquet flooring which had been there for 10 yrs. Was told that with sanding n fillers n revarnishing, it will be as good as new. Anyone tried this before? Thks!

I tried it on our floor which the parquet is already there for more than 10 years. After revarnishing, it's as good as new.

hi all,

i have some cracks hole on my parquat floor, how to i remedy it?

Mine is even worst, 2 pieces popped out as it is near the bathroom. What kind of adhesive do I use to stick them back? Any recommendation?

hi all,

i have some cracks hole on my parquat floor, how to i remedy it?

Buy putty (those use to fill up wood's gap, brown color) ~ $5/can. Slowly patch up the gap or holes. Try some first to see if color matching. Use someking of gel-based polish (for polishing those done wood furniture), floor becom very slippery & shiny. Can't do anything to the scatches, unless grinding & relaqucer them. Bad abt Pacquat flooring are:

1. Subject to scatches easily.

2. Wood strinks after sometime. Especially with air con on .....