Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrix0405

Legal Fee For Condo Purchase?

Hi Bepgof,

oic... Thanks.

When i bought a old terrace, there seems to be no formal valuation done.. just called the bank and tell them what i am buying and how much i need to borrow, and they just hamtam one valuation amount for the house.... that's why i wasn't sure about the pte property valuation.

Come to think of it, quite scary is it?

thks for clarifying.

thks and rgds,

Last yr while selling, asked exclusive agent to arrange for a Valuation, she told me bank would charge $600! So I did not go ahead. There was one time, the buyer did bring a valuator for valuation after OTP signed, but I wasn't around. I did not check how much he paid.

Agent did mention the valuation cost, usually charge to the loan mortgage one takes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Bepgof,

oic... Thanks.

When i bought a old terrace, there seems to be no formal valuation done.. just called the bank and tell them what i am buying and how much i need to borrow, and they just hamtam one valuation amount for the house.... that's why i wasn't sure about the pte property valuation.

Come to think of it, quite scary is it?

thks for clarifying.

thks and rgds,

Quite true in some sense for private resale buying: Must really do the homework to estimate the "market valuation" of the one you are buying. The URA web is a good & "neutral" guideline. A 6-month moving average value is good enough. "Sensitive" locations like Geylang/balestier, be careful, not all financial institutions willing to lent 80% ....... Paid the 1%(1% resale, 5% new) & cannot loan the require amt then 1% gone.

Edited by bepgof