Sign in to follow this  
mafacifa

Our First Home In The East

--continued

view from kitchen, will put up glass panel here:

Picture-017.jpg

erected a wall up, created kitchen opening. KIV glass swing door here:

Picture-016.jpg

Went to look at wallpaper and came across this very nice design. Looks suitable for our master bedroom. Hence we bought it. 2 rolls altogether and $5 for glue. Will be doing self installation. Pretty good price when compared to those big wallpaper stores. They are in the wallpaper business for more than 25 yrs!

Picture-028.jpg

Also, we went to Aussino yesterday as my friend has a 40% discount! How coincidental. Spent $270 just on bedsheets but the bed is still not here. haha.

Will have aircon installation this week as well as delivery of sanitary goods. Will post pics of those too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, really nice layout you have...guess we have used the same ID. ;)

Think hor, we choose the same tiles for our master bedroon toilet, my hubby chose as he wanted to have a resort style feeling.

Do post more pics.

Hi luckyanli

that makes 3 of us :) all in the east!

Went to look at wallpaper and came across this very nice design. Looks suitable for our master bedroom. Hence we bought it. 2 rolls altogether and $5 for glue. Will be doing self installation. Pretty good price when compared to those big wallpaper stores. They are in the wallpaper business for more than 25 yrs!

How much did you pay for the 2 rolls? What is the size?

Can I have the contacts of the wallpaper? PM me if it's not convenient to post here. Thanks.

How much did you pay for the 2 rolls? What is the size?

Can I have the contacts of the wallpaper? PM me if it's not convenient to post here. Thanks.

Me too! I would like to know the contacts, price and dimension of the wallpaper.

Thanks thanks

hi livinstyle and payton, got them at Joo Chiat Complex level 3.. Golden City. I think some IDs order from them as they have been in the industry for very long. The shop may look old-school but they do have catalog similar to those at other wallpaper shops.

For my design, its 118 (70cm x 10m). They will usually take a few days or 2 weeks to order the wallpaper. Happy hunting.!

wow, it has been a very long and tiring weekend. Did some shopping for lighting units and for me, almost 3 days of electrical re-wiring works. Its pretty easy for DIY but you gotta have an experience person around. My cuz managed to help out. He's good.

Anyways, didnt have much pics to share yet.. here are some snapshots.

Aircon installation up:

Picture-033.jpg

Big trunking behind kitchen wall ( I wonder y installer choose longest path instead of shortest path to the aircon conduit):

Picture-032.jpg

Some plumbing works in common toilet:

Picture-029.jpg

For washing machine:

Picture-0311.jpg

Ouh yah, I'll be doing my own CAT 6 wiring up. I got good lobang for cheap custom CAT 6 cables for those who wants to DIY. (I bought about 50m) Cheaper than retail CAT 5!

Ouh yah, I'll be doing my own CAT 6 wiring up. I got good lobang for cheap custom CAT 6 cables for those who wants to DIY. (I bought about 50m) Cheaper than retail CAT 5!

DIY? how to do that? Going to drill through the wall yourself?

btw, going use a switch to connect all the wires together?

DIY? how to do that? Going to drill through the wall yourself?

btw, going use a switch to connect all the wires together?

Yeah, drill 1-2 holes through walls and some use trunking which will be covered by false ceiling. Will be using switch or router to connect them up.

Yeah, drill 1-2 holes through walls and some use trunking which will be covered by false ceiling. Will be using switch or router to connect them up.

Oh.. normal drills abit hard to drill through walls leh.. and need avoid the metal bars inside.. no X-ray eyes so see heng suay bah.. :P

If possible, show some pics for your DIY for the CAT cables leh.. :P

yah, u gotta use those hammer drills. i got mine from my dad's. we like to drill holes here and there since our flat walls are those prefab types.

to avoid hitting metal bars, just refer to your floorplan...

for network cabling, will upload once its done. finishing them later tonight... have to work after 6pm.

yah, u gotta use those hammer drills. i got mine from my dad's. we like to drill holes here and there since our flat walls are those prefab types.

to avoid hitting metal bars, just refer to your floorplan...

for network cabling, will upload once its done. finishing them later tonight... have to work after 6pm.

Hi mafacifa, how is the progress of your reno? So far any hiccups? Any feedbacks on kevin?

hello everyone.. didnt have time to upload recent pics... was busy doing painting and my electrical works.. not to mention, we are also bz preparing our wedding this mth end. haha.. talk about no time..

anyways. i would like to share a very good experience having to shop at the following 2 places:

1. CCM (Geylang)- go here for all ur electrical accessories. i bought legrand switches and wall sockets(clipsal looks better though.. i only realise after i bought them). I bought SCV cable from my hardware shop at $2/m but CCM sells for like $0.80/m. Now I realise how cheap is the distributor pricing and electrician can still say they dont profit from electrical works. Make 1 power point about $40-$60 bucks but the cost price of wires and switch is less than $10. So if u do a few points, u can do the maths la.. so moral of story, if u have time, do ur own.

2. Estore.com.sg - Went down to their Geylang branch after getting my stuffs from CCM. 5 mins walk only. Bought all my paint stuffs here and my paints. Not sure its distributor price.. but its still cheap than those hardware shop.

well, next week will still continue painting...