Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ryooki

Home In Sembawang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cont..

Kitchen

kitchencabinet4.jpg

kitchencabinet2.jpg

kitchenmagicbasket.jpg

Hi dbkungfu

Don't think can handover this weekend.. still have some stuff not exactly done.. nevertheless.. keep my fingers crossed!!

Some updates..

Supposed to be handover last weekend (28, 29 August). But still have quite a bit of things not done.

1) Cleaning up of walls in Kitchen. After tearing down the existing cabinets, there are still some silicon, adhesives, wooden planks stuck onto the wall.

2) Some areas requiring 2nd coat of paint as insufficient to cover marks, wiring boxes etc.

3) Toilet cabinets not up

4) Glass cabinets not finished

5) Parquet requiring cleaning as after varnishing, now again kenah some paint splatters. Wondering if removal of paint will remove varnish in the same process?

6) Varnishing and Making good of wooden archways

7) Permit from HDB to change louvre windows to top hung windows not ready as ID's window contractor need to follow up with re-submission

8) Dog Pee Grills are not done yet (nowhere insight)

9) Rewiring of some electrical points

10) Some remaining paint cleanups due to painting overshot certain areas

11) Re-sealing of some areas as the silicon or sealant has cracked

12) Checking of floor tile grout, able to dig up black stuff from the grout. Not sealed?

13) Filling up holes in ceiling and repainting ceiling

14) Varnishing of light box thingy at Foyer and Study

15) Repainting of Window wall ledge

16) Sealing up all holes and gaps

This is just off the top of my head.. Dunno how much more.. And they need to be done by tomorrow!! Otherwise we cannot receive all our deliveries on saturday!!

Enter PANIC mode.

Some updates..

Supposed to be handover last weekend (28, 29 August). But still have quite a bit of things not done.

1) Cleaning up of walls in Kitchen. After tearing down the existing cabinets, there are still some silicon, adhesives, wooden planks stuck onto the wall.

2) Some areas requiring 2nd coat of paint as insufficient to cover marks, wiring boxes etc.

3) Toilet cabinets not up

4) Glass cabinets not finished

5) Parquet requiring cleaning as after varnishing, now again kenah some paint splatters. Wondering if removal of paint will remove varnish in the same process?

6) Varnishing and Making good of wooden archways

7) Permit from HDB to change louvre windows to top hung windows not ready as ID's window contractor need to follow up with re-submission

8) Dog Pee Grills are not done yet (nowhere insight)

9) Rewiring of some electrical points

10) Some remaining paint cleanups due to painting overshot certain areas

11) Re-sealing of some areas as the silicon or sealant has cracked

12) Checking of floor tile grout, able to dig up black stuff from the grout. Not sealed?

13) Filling up holes in ceiling and repainting ceiling

14) Varnishing of light box thingy at Foyer and Study

15) Repainting of Window wall ledge

16) Sealing up all holes and gaps

This is just off the top of my head.. Dunno how much more.. And they need to be done by tomorrow!! Otherwise we cannot receive all our deliveries on saturday!!

Enter PANIC mode.

How is the progress of the reno? Hopefully, everything good at your end - completed on time, on budget and on quality. cheers!

Hi leechaorui,

Thanks for the encouragement!

So far most of the things are done.

still pending the customised dog pee grill.. and some items needed touch ups.. some other touch ups if we can do ourselves, we will probably do as we really don't have the time and energy to follow up and chase.

and we found out that our floor tiles have been stained by the corrugated boards the workers since the beginning of the reno! Very sian, see patches of grey here and there around the living room.. Have called my ID to fix the problem, he gave us some Amway product and my hubby was rubbing furiously for 4 hours yesterday and managed to get about 70% off..

on time - 1 wk late

on budget - dunno yet

on quality - muz give and take lor

I will be moving house on this thursday and officially moving in on saturday. still packing and moving other items that need us to move ourselves.

will be posting the pictures after moving in and also my verdict of my ID and his works.

Have moved in for almost 3 weeks.. here are the lived-in pics.. not very well taken.. paiseh..

Final pics (part 1):

Living room

View from Dining room

living1p.jpg

View from Balcony

living3.jpg

Balcony area

living6.jpg

living5.jpg

TV area

living4.jpg

Final pics (part 5):