Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
i-poh

Should Buy Led Or Plasma Or Lcd Tv Set?

You must be off your bollocks making this statement.

Plasma is old technology? let me ask you, has LED or LCD managed to get their black pixels to become really true black? Can you

also say that LED possess a better pix quality compared with a plasma while watching in HD format? i rest my case.

I hope you have your info accurate about Plasma being phased out. Kindly show me the link to this news or else I can accuse you

of passing inaccurate information to the detriment of the readers in this forum.

Cheers

"You must be off your bollocks making this statement." - did i see this somewhere? hahaha

and yesh, plasma is never old technology. and IMHO, think panasonic really do good plasmas.

am considering the 46 inch V series personally.

yr take on my tv choice, vicenzo?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
is plasma tv hotter than lcd or led tv???

Ya, some say its so hot, it can even fry an egg!!!!!!

If u believe what some are saying in this forum.

cheers

is plasma tv hotter than lcd or led tv???

How hot can it be? U don't sit 10cm from the tv when watching do u?

I have been watching my plasma for almost 3 years and i "do not feel the heat".

Edited by TYM

"You must be off your bollocks making this statement." - did i see this somewhere? hahaha

and yesh, plasma is never old technology. and IMHO, think panasonic really do good plasmas.

am considering the 46 inch V series personally.

yr take on my tv choice, vicenzo?

Bro,

Panasonic plasma is a good choice.

Do take note that it consumes more power but probably not as much compared to an aircon.

The color contrast & pix details are more evident if compared to LED or LCD specs.

But LED wins in terms of brightness if tats your cup of tea.

cheers

How hot can it be? U don't sit 10cm from the tv when watching do u?

I have been watching my plasma for almost 3 years and i "do not feel the heat".

Bro

U & I probably face the same issues with perceptions & negativity of a plasma TV.

Some think plasma is no good, dying blah blah without any evidence on what theyre blabbering

about.

Just becoz LED is the latest technology, they think is good. Hearsay & vested interest, esp from

salesmen form these silly perceptions.

cheers

Bro

U & I probably face the same issues with perceptions & negativity of a plasma TV.

Some think plasma is no good, dying blah blah without any evidence on what theyre blabbering

about.

Just becoz LED is the latest technology, they think is good. Hearsay & vested interest, esp from

salesmen form these silly perceptions.

cheers

Reading this make me regret that I bought LCD :(

Wife doesn't agree to buy plasma due to wrong reasons.

Though, when I bought my Samsung 40", an equivalent Plasma TV full-hd cost more?

bro vic... due to my unfortunate event, i would like to ask ur opinion for this setup:

onkyo avr 608 + deftech 800 fronts & rears & deftech 1000 front + svs sub pc12-nsd + oppo-83

as u can see, im upgrading my sub & blu ray player... 708 yet to come out & even if it did, definitely more than 1k, so over budget. Does this setup look ok? thx bro

Edited by frezhman

bro vic... due to my unfortunate event, i would like to ask ur opinion for this setup:

onkyo avr 608 + deftech 800 fronts & rears & deftech 1000 front + svs sub pc12-nsd + oppo-83

as u can see, im upgrading my sub & blu ray player... 708 yet to come out & even if it did, definitely more than 1k, so over budget. Does this setup look ok? thx bro

Bro'

Sorry for your unfortunate incident. Found the culprit yet?

Your set up is ok. How much u paid for your SVS? I have no words to describe OPPO83 BR player. Its simply

fantastic!!!! The 708 is now available for $1,280 cash & carry.

Remember to run in the speakers & sub for, say, 50-80 hours then everything will sound as if its suppose to sound.

Cheers

Bro'

Sorry for your unfortunate incident. Found the culprit yet?

Your set up is ok. How much u paid for your SVS? I have no words to describe OPPO83 BR player. Its simply

fantastic!!!! The 708 is now available for $1,280 cash & carry.

Remember to run in the speakers & sub for, say, 50-80 hours then everything will sound as if its suppose to sound.

Cheers

da culprit still free but gd news is dat my contractor is willing to compensate 100%. dats y im upgrading cuz sticking to da same stuff only remind me of dat incident. Almost $500 more for 708... worth the upgrade? only prob is KEC installed my previious hts last 2 weeks & i dunno whether if i get the avr & sub only, will they install for me again or not cause im still a noob in setting it up.

da culprit still free but gd news is dat my contractor is willing to compensate 100%. dats y im upgrading cuz sticking to da same stuff only remind me of dat incident. Almost $500 more for 708... worth the upgrade? only prob is KEC installed my previious hts last 2 weeks & i dunno whether if i get the avr & sub only, will they install for me again or not cause im still a noob in setting it up.

Bro

If youre getting the amp & the SVS, they better do the installation for u!!!

Btw, how much did u pay for the SVS? Thinking of a little upgrade myself too ;)

Cheers

Bro

If youre getting the amp & the SVS, they better do the installation for u!!!

Btw, how much did u pay for the SVS? Thinking of a little upgrade myself too ;)

Cheers

well, not yet got my hands on it yet. $1099 for da sub. $300 more than velo cht-8q but i believe its a worthy upgrade. 608 or 708.... i dunno which one to get my hands on. $500 diff is pretty a lot.

somebody juz sold off his svs sub pc12ultra for $1k @ xtremeplace. ard 1yr++. dats a good bargain, but i didnt consider as my wifey oredi think the pc12 is huge enuff... dun wanna to push her buttons.

Reading this make me regret that I bought LCD :(

Wife doesn't agree to buy plasma due to wrong reasons.

Though, when I bought my Samsung 40", an equivalent Plasma TV full-hd cost more?

Bro

As long as the display unit is pleasing to u & your wife's eyes, no need to make anymore

comparisons until your next upgrade.

Have you source out for a HTS yet?

Cheers

Bro

As long as the display unit is pleasing to u & your wife's eyes, no need to make anymore

comparisons until your next upgrade.

Have you source out for a HTS yet?

Cheers

Next TV upgrade, I would assume 3-4 years down the road. Wait until they come out with super-full-hd with 3d (w/o using glasses :P)

Haven't sourced for HTS yet, not urgent though I don't mind getting some good deals. Are you upgrading now? ;)

Next TV upgrade, I would assume 3-4 years down the road. Wait until they come out with super-full-hd with 3d (w/o using glasses :P)

Haven't sourced for HTS yet, not urgent though I don't mind getting some good deals. Are you upgrading now? ;)

Even if they come out with a super full HD with 3d TV, it has to be in the size range of well above 55". Furthermore

they arent many movies with 3d content. Again, 3d is not a new technology, IMAX produced 3d content many years ago.

Its different hype as theyre using a new platform nowadays eg LED, LCD etc

And not many movies warrant a 3D effect.

Bro, u got budget anot? Got friends who's upgrading. PM me to discuss

cheers

Bro,

Panasonic plasma is a good choice.

Do take note that it consumes more power but probably not as much compared to an aircon.

The color contrast & pix details are more evident if compared to LED or LCD specs.

But LED wins in terms of brightness if tats your cup of tea.

cheers

is a trade-off one must endure (if there is any enduring to start with) for the ultimate black black

brightness? i'm looking for the void of light, the nemesis of light - the vastness of blackness.

hahaha.