Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

After reading good reviews in this forum as well as recommendation from my colleague, I engaged JS Furniture to do my shoes cabinet, TV console as well as 2 recess area cabinets. Jack was very prompt in his service to provide quotation on the exact measurement with no obligation. I was very impressed with the efficiency as all the cabinets and TV console were able to be installed 1 week after the confirmation.

The workmanship for my shoes cabinet and 2 recess cabinets were good. However, the interior of my TV console is a nightmare, even though the exterior seems good. There were many redundant holes and these were caused by wrong holes drilled. They simply did not replace the board, maybe because it would mean more work need to be done and less profit to be earned in order to do so. The carpentry was done by Jack's brother and 2 workers. I made a mistake for not checking the workmanship in details before handing Jack's brother the cheque payment as he was sort of in the rush to go off after completing the job. I had to call them back to do the touch. Jack sent his brother to do the touch who seems very reluctant to do the job. My husband highlighted those not properly done...he simply ignored.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Redundant holes

IMG_0151.jpg

Wrong cable hole

IMG_0366.jpg

After touch up pic - they didn't bother to put the right size of cable cap and use silicone to seal up the gap...the silicone was all over the place and I had it clean up as best as I could

I called Jack to complain that the touch up was very poorly done, he promised to send another worker who has good workmanship to finish up the job but never did. He didn't pick up my call thereafter.

(After given much thought and advise by a few renotalk members, I decided to post my experience with the above mention carpentry company as we are all here to share regardless good or bad experiences we have had.)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
After reading good reviews in this forum as well as recommendation from my colleague, I engaged JS Furniture to do my shoes cabinet, TV console as well as 2 recess area cabinets. Jack was very prompt in his service to provide quotation on the exact measurement with no obligation. I was very impressed with the efficiency as all the cabinets and TV console were able to be installed 1 week after the confirmation.

The workmanship for my shoes cabinet and 2 recess cabinets were good. However, the interior of my TV console is a nightmare, even though the exterior seems good. There were many redundant holes and these were caused by wrong holes drilled. They simply did not replace the board, maybe because it would mean more work need to be done and less profit to be earned in order to do so. The carpentry was done by Jack's brother and 2 workers. I made a mistake for not checking the workmanship in details before handing Jack's brother the cheque payment as he was sort of in the rush to go off after completing the job. I had to call them back to do the touch. Jack sent his brother to do the touch who seems very reluctant to do the job. My husband highlighted those not properly done...he simply ignored.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Redundant holes

IMG_0151.jpg

Wrong cable hole

IMG_0366.jpg

After touch up pic - they didn't bother to put the right size of cable cap and use silicone to seal up the gap...the silicone was all over the place and I had it clean up as best as I could

I called Jack to complain that the touch up was very poorly done, he promised to send another worker who has good workmanship to finish up the job but never did. He didn't pick up my call thereafter.

(After given much thought and advise by a few renotalk members, I decided to post my experience with the above mention carpentry company as we are all here to share regardless good or bad experiences we have had.)

Jialat lei. Look pretty bad

Jialat lei. Look pretty bad

I also got JS. Same ****ty workmanship. Yours cannot see from outside, my can. So I guess I "win". Haha

The "best thing" is I was such a stupid idiot. The JS quotation was even more expensive than some others, but I choice them because I feel they should be able to deliver.

:(

Oh... I thought I was the only victim or the sway 1 to kana this kind of workmanship or after sale service... as I read another thread that gave good review.