Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Need Reviews On Shimono Cyclone Vacuum Cleaner

For your info.

I just leave the Japanese companies' official logo and Shimono's logo. I never leave any comment on it. Just copy and paste only.

By the way I confirmed OHM electric inc. if they sell those vacuum cleaners in overseas. Their official answers,

"No, we don't produce such vacuum cleaners." 

"Basically we don't sell vacuum cleaners to overseas."

I repeat, I just copy and paste the official logos and the real conversation of e-mail with Japanese company only.

ohm.JPG.397fd1f038d2b14757f4f13bb22a9a94.JPG

58f766b8dc890_shimonovacuum.jpg.879828d62b8d93e535e1f39e16eb6fd0.jpg

58f76870c05a0_1.jpg.e70e9f61e7199fd00750c75a7bd82003.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

- I bought 3 Shimono vacuum cleaners, the first generation model for myself, the 2nd generation model for my daughter and the 3rd generation model for my son. The reason why I chose Shimono over the more reputable brands like Electrolux and Phillips was because it was cheaper at that time than the other brands and the vendor assured me that the rechargeable battery can be easily purchased from them for replacement.

- After some time, the battery of my 1st gen model could not be charged. The transparent plastic cover of both my 2nd and 3rd gen models broke at the place where it latches to the casing which contains the battery. I used super glue to join the broken plastic together but it is fragile and cannot stand the pressure applied during vacuuming so I re-glued them twice since.

- I went back to the vendor to buy the rechargeable battery for my 1st gen model and was flabberghasted when he told me that it is no longer available because the agent had returned all their batteries to their 'Japanese supplier' and asked me to buy the 4th gen model at $199/-

This new model has a metal filter and a more 'hardy' transparent cover. A few other customers who were there asked if they could buy the cover to replace their broken 3rd gen models but was told that each model is slightly different so the cover won't fit what they have at home. He demo to us & it was clear that though the shapes were the same, the hardier cover was made just a little (0.5 or 1 mm) smaller so that the latch won't catch on. Vendor's reply was that if they can fit, then they will sell less of the new ones and make less money.

- None of us bought the new one! It was disgusting because such business approach prevents customers like me from using a workable vacuum cleaner set simply because the battery is not available as promised at the time of purchase.

- In Singapore, there is so much talk about going green and sustainable design so that we don't have to throw away appliances if parts can be replaced. Saves us $ and reduce waste. But this experience shows that we are still far from being a green or a sustainable society and that we can't trust everything that salespeople out there promises.

- at $199, I googled and found other reliable choices, e.g. Electrolux which also uses the same cyclonic vacuum action and long life NiMH battery but at lower prices.

i bought 1 unit of the improved version during a computer show at Suntec 1+ years ago... the unit still in good working condition. spec says 40 mins per charge but i usually charge it after a few days cos my usage is rather light.

in fact, i bought another unit at the recent IT show at Expo... guess i must be quite happy with this gadget.

dunno about what other salesmen say, those chaps i bought from (at both computer shows) clearly said this cyclone thingy is not a vacuum cleaner so i did't expect it to perform like one; used it as a "broom" replacement.

yes, and definitely, this gadget has its flaws; my views are:

* suction power is limited... suction is lower than a cheap $50 vacuum cleaner so go for a vacuum cleaner if you want more power

* 40 mins of limited battery life... charge cycle actually depends on length and intervals of each use. i use it as a broom, each use is only about 10+ mins so i'm still alright.

* it's not exactly cheap... compared to a wired vacuum cleaner

* lightweight, portable and tangle free... unlike the vacuum cleaner with a long tail of wire behind

just my 0.02 cents worth of feedback

Got the 2nd generation of Shimono cyclone vacuum before Chinese new year. $108 from Heartland Mall Kovan. Attract by the demonstration from the sales person. Bought the vacuum becoz it is very handy, cordless and can use in my car. Seeing my mum rather keep the traditional vacuum with long wire in the storeroom and happily use this shimono vacuum. Everyone happy. So far don't have any issue with the vacuum. The salesman hp no. Stated jn my receipt. He said they don't have a walk in service centre yet. Anything just call him directly.

I referred my friends to purchase from him also. so far so good.

No doubt shimono is not a huge brand like dyson, osim.... But I'm satisfied with the $$$$ and result.

Hi there

May I ask for the model you purchased with SGD108?

I was there 1 hour ago at Kovan mall. They are selling it at SGD122 as promotion price. Quoting SGD168 as the original price.

Let me know please. Thanks.

From the demo, it really looks pretty impressive. Especially when that guy said it can handle the dusk mite as well.

Very tempted to buy one.

Anyone out there can offer advise from the personal experience, please do. Thanks.

cheers

Rocki

Any updated reviews on this vacuum sweeper? Saw this recently priced at $122 at Raffles Place.

Anyone knows if it's still available at the Kovan Heartland Mall?

Thanks in advance!

Any more reviews pls. I worry it's very poor quality n break down easily n then cannot repair or poor support

Edited by sin77

well,this product i also buy 2 pc for my mon and 5pc for my friend alreadly, readly say that $78 problem always is button,but after i go and changed the button until nw alreadly 5 month's ,don't hv any problem againt,nw they come nw product $108 ,i try alreadly,is better then old model,and i buy that in kovan heartland mall,the salesman petrer say ,let say got any problem ,also can go and find they ,cos they stay in heartland mall alreadly 2 year.......if this product is not good........readly say no ppl can stay in one place so long ......

Got the 2nd generation of Shimono cyclone vacuum before Chinese new year. $108 from Heartland Mall Kovan. Attract by the demonstration from the sales person. Bought the vacuum becoz it is very handy, cordless and can use in my car. Seeing my mum rather keep the traditional vacuum with long wire in the storeroom and happily use this shimono vacuum. Everyone happy. So far don't have any issue with the vacuum. The salesman hp no. Stated jn my receipt. He said they don't have a walk in service centre yet. Anything just call him directly.

I referred my friends to purchase from him also. so far so good.

No doubt shimono is not a huge brand like dyson, osim.... But I'm satisfied with the $$$$ and result.

Firstly, proof of purchase.

33za6uq.jpg

I cannot believe how bad the QC is. The unit broke within 3 months.

Support is pretty bad, I went to the address in the receipt (Eunos Techpark). No one there.

Went to website -> http://www.shimono.com.cn/

Call-ed them, cannot do exchange with them. Is another sales rep.

OMG... all this hassle. I rather go for brand names @ Harvey Norman (+ extended warranty).

Cheap things never good I agree, it will be more costly in the end.

You've been warned.

Today I saw a salesgal trying to sell Shimono VC at my nearby shopping centre. I jokingly asked her which country was it made in? She replied "Japan" in mandarin LOL :rolleyes:

Edited by forgotten

In Reply to "angry shimono user" Oh no I juz bought it tdy! 11 Feb 2011.. (sob sob) too bad I discover this link (Reno Talk) "late"... :( Juz to share wif everyone, abt this product (I discover) When I was searching thru website, this product is original make from CHINA, the founder of the company is call Henry (Ningbo Shimono.. ) he posted in the alibaba.com link to sell at min 1000 pc order! so in another word, it could be This BJ Link Marketing Pte Ltd, is just a local co to buy in bulk at cheap price from Ningbo SHIMONO in China and resell it here! (the salesman Desmund, dare to say is make in JAPAN and assemble in S'pore!?) As I I look thru carefully the product package box.. IT ONLY indicate Make by SHIMONO!!! it's not even certify by any S'pore watchdog bodies, eg CASE.

sorry to hear that...how much did u buy? alot of manufacturers uses jap or english name to market their products...no offence but we have akira, cornell to name a few...I hv not heard of this name yet but I thot it was Shimano. anyway, the word ningbo is already quite clear that its a made in china product..frankly speadking...nowadays...wat products can you find that is not made in China? My grohe taps is also from China..same for BLUM...

just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

cheers,

oinkoink

The vacuum itself is actually not bad, suction strong and battery life quite long as the salesman will say. But there's apparently a common issue with the switch. Shorty after getting mine, the switch had problems, and I'd have to jiggle it on/off a few times before the cleaner will come on.

Happened to bump into a salesman outside a nearby ntuc and he was not surprised when I told him my problem, saying up to 10 in 100 sets had that problem. (how'd you like it if 10 out of 100 times your ATM withdrawals failed!?!)

So he said you could just bring the set for servicing, being so cocky about it.

So get the machine if you want a good quick clean, but don't expect it to last as the QC really ain't there.

In Reply to "angry shimono user" Oh no I juz bought it tdy! 11 Feb 2011.. (sob sob) too bad I discover this link (Reno Talk) "late"... :( Juz to share wif everyone, abt this product (I discover) When I was searching thru website, this product is original make from CHINA, the founder of the company is call Henry (Ningbo Shimono.. ) he posted in the alibaba.com link to sell at min 1000 pc order! so in another word, it could be This BJ Link Marketing Pte Ltd, is just a local co to buy in bulk at cheap price from Ningbo SHIMONO in China and resell it here! (the salesman Desmund, dare to say is make in JAPAN and assemble in S'pore!?) As I I look thru carefully the product package box.. IT ONLY indicate Make by SHIMONO!!! it's not even certify by any S'pore watchdog bodies, eg CASE.

Edited by KS Family