Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misty

`kai Guan' For Guanyin

Hi

That's the one my partner, J, first approach because J has been going to this temple for many years. We went back and forth between the person-in-charge 竹林寺and Master Chang. Anyway, my partner called 竹林寺 again after calling the one at Anchorvale. Finally settled on a date as that was the date given by the Anchorvale one. I hope it works out well.

Since Master Chang says to redo, we redo. Just want good health, harmony and peace for the family. Personally, I am a free thinker, it is more for my partner. Also don't know if it is due to stress and not sleeping well at night, I have been seeing flashes of white from side glance passing across the front of the main door and within the house. So trying to keep calm and not panic.

BTW, did 竹林寺 give you a date for `dot-eye' process or you gave them a date that you wanted?

I think you better follow what this master chang told you quickly. Heard that if god not properly bless, can see things 'fly' around.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi misty

actuali kai guan for guanyin gt 2 types...1 is those buddhist wan wherby need not burn joss stick...the othr is somethin like taoist way...nid to offer joss stick etc...

i hv a buddhist temple dat can recommend to u, previously my colleague brought his buddha & placed at the temple a few daes,after dat,invite the monk /nun to the hse & kai guan....juz gif a red pkt will do....

mayb u can go to anchorvale link to check out tis buddhist temple....this temple gt a big buddha at level 1...

hope the above helps...

pardon me but i thought burning joss sticks is both buddhist & taoist tradition not just one?

purpose of burning jossticks is in this link

why burn joss sticks

my family prayed to Guan Yin (with joss stick). When i bought my condo few years back, i went to Chu Li Shi (near Bukit batok driving school) to "dot eyes".

Just go to the receptionist and ask for a date where a monk is available to say the chant. The monk will then do the rest.

As to whether to "redo" the dot-eye process, i am unsure whether there is a need.

Also each year during CNY, i would invite lion dance to my place and the lion will also bow to Guan Yin. Which sometimes i perceive the Guan Yin to be very happy/smiling during that period. Maybe it is just that everyone in family is happy that i assume Guan Yin to be in celebrating mood. hahahahah

Hi

That's the one my partner, J, first approach because J has been going to this temple for many years. We went back and forth between the person-in-charge 竹林寺and Master Chang. Anyway, my partner called 竹林寺 again after calling the one at Anchorvale. Finally settled on a date as that was the date given by the Anchorvale one. I hope it works out well.

Since Master Chang says to redo, we redo. Just want good health, harmony and peace for the family. Personally, I am a free thinker, it is more for my partner. Also don't know if it is due to stress and not sleeping well at night, I have been seeing flashes of white from side glance passing across the front of the main door and within the house. So trying to keep calm and not panic.

BTW, did 竹林寺 give you a date for `dot-eye' process or you gave them a date that you wanted?

Edited by Misty

my family prayed to Guan Yin (with joss stick). When i bought my condo few years back, i went to Chu Li Shi (near Bukit batok driving school) to "dot eyes".

Just go to the receptionist and ask for a date where a monk is available to say the chant. The monk will then do the rest.

As to whether to "redo" the dot-eye process, i am unsure whether there is a need.

Also each year during CNY, i would invite lion dance to my place and the lion will also bow to Guan Yin. Which sometimes i perceive the Guan Yin to be very happy/smiling during that period. Maybe it is just that everyone in family is happy that i assume Guan Yin to be in celebrating mood. hahahahah

hi misty

actuali kai guan for guanyin gt 2 types...1 is those buddhist wan wherby need not burn joss stick...the othr is somethin like taoist way...nid to offer joss stick etc...

i hv a buddhist temple dat can recommend to u, previously my colleague brought his buddha & placed at the temple a few daes,after dat,invite the monk /nun to the hse & kai guan....juz gif a red pkt will do....

mayb u can go to anchorvale link to check out tis buddhist temple....this temple gt a big buddha at level 1...

hope the above helps...

Thanks, 8huat8! Ours is the Buddist way, don't burn joss stick. Erm... Anchorvale Link? Is it the temple that was shown on tv during CNY where it was super crowded? Is it called Puat Jit Buddist Temple?

Edited by Misty

You mean the Guan Yin which you are praying to in your home, Master Chang ask you to re-do the kai guan again? Any particular reason for it?

Yes, the Guan Yin was passed down to my partner from his mother so he `invited' the Guan Yin (procedure given by the previous FSM) from his old house to our current place. Master Chang came to our house then asked us whether the Guan Yin was old or new. He said the Guan Yin has not been blessed when we moved the Guan Yin from the old house. Said we were praying to an empty goddess for the last 5 years. :( Therefore, asked us to have the Guan Yin re-bless and to remove the glass of water from the alter and to face the Guan Yin in certain direction after the blessing.

Hi

Do anyone know which temple to go to for `kai guan'? I already have a guanyin in my house which Master Chang says need to re-do the `kai guan'. I actually wanted to go to 竹林寺 but they ask me to go seek a date for `kai guan' from Master Chang and when I asked Master Chang, he asked me to go back to the temple to ask for a date. :( He said if the temple don't provide date, to go to another temple.

I have asked Lian San Shuang Lin Shi but they don't do. I have a friend who knows a shifu who does this but I am worried cos I don't know if the shifu is authentic.

Anyone can help? Much appreciate. Thanks!

hi misty

hope the above helps...

Can approach Geylang Lor 30 Venerable Supitha or Venerable Kwang Pin. The latter being current chief of Singapore Buddhist Federation. Good luck.

Hi

Do anyone know which temple to go to for `kai guan'? I already have a guanyin in my house which Master Chang says need to re-do the `kai guan'. I actually wanted to go to 竹林寺 but they ask me to go seek a date for `kai guan' from Master Chang and when I asked Master Chang, he asked me to go back to the temple to ask for a date. :( He said if the temple don't provide date, to go to another temple.

I have asked Lian San Shuang Lin Shi but they don't do. I have a friend who knows a shifu who does this but I am worried cos I don't know if the shifu is authentic.

You mean the Guan Yin which you are praying to in your home, Master Chang ask you to re-do the kai guan again? Any particular reason for it?

Hi