Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wever

Serangoon Central

I heard px in serangoon central will shoot up in the coming months. Agents tell me 4 room closed at over 500K in June 2010. They mention mega Mall, Circle Line as the reasons why prices have overtaken previous favourites like Bishan and Simei. I noticed that prices in lorong Lew Lian still lagging behing Serangoon central. Any1 know the reason why?? Maybe juz like Ghim Moh and Holland V syndrome.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I heard px in serangoon central will shoot up in the coming months. Agents tell me 4 room closed at over 500K in June 2010. They mention mega Mall, Circle Line as the reasons why prices have overtaken previous favourites like Bishan and Simei. I noticed that prices in lorong Lew Lian still lagging behing Serangoon central. Any1 know the reason why?? Maybe juz like Ghim Moh and Holland V syndrome.

The prices have already shot up in the past months from the moment the location of the megamall was announced.

They tell you that it "will" shoot up to encourage you to buy now, but the prices are already high, probably higher than they should be. Check the HDB resale index for that area to gain an insight on recent pricing. Don't just go on asking prices that you see on the property websites. They're all speculative.

Lor Lew Lian's a bit further away from the NEL and Circle line, and probably also because the flats are older designs?

The prices have already shot up in the past months from the moment the location of the megamall was announced.

They tell you that it "will" shoot up to encourage you to buy now, but the prices are already high, probably higher than they should be. Check the HDB resale index for that area to gain an insight on recent pricing. Don't just go on asking prices that you see on the property websites. They're all speculative.

Lor Lew Lian's a bit further away from the NEL and Circle line, and probably also because the flats are older designs?

I asked agents for Lor Lew Lian and they told me that area very rare. They get snapped up within days of listing. I saw from Map and its about 200 metres from MRT Exit D. Thats considered near. Agents say Some serangoon central are smaller and further than Lew Lian but selling much more. My Frens say the name dont resonate well with buyers. many never heard of that place. Any1 seen that place recently??

I asked agents for Lor Lew Lian and they told me that area very rare. They get snapped up within days of listing. I saw from Map and its about 200 metres from MRT Exit D. Thats considered near. Agents say Some serangoon central are smaller and further than Lew Lian but selling much more. My Frens say the name dont resonate well with buyers. many never heard of that place. Any1 seen that place recently??

Many fruit trees there( durian, lychee, rambutan), and now is the harbour season, mmany ppl want to pluck the fruits.

Edited by bepgof

Serangoon central is a good location, very convenient as this is the major MRT hub with circle line and the Nex Shopping Mall is just nearby. Besides that, Serangoon Swimming Complex is about one or two bus stops away of which walking from serangoon central takes only about 10 to 15 minutes.

I think the higher price is justified for that area. If you want something cheaper, buy a place that is slightly furher away (eg. 2 bus stops away) at Serangoon Ave 4.

Cheers!

Serangoon central is a good location, very convenient as this is the major MRT hub with circle line and the Nex Shopping Mall is just nearby. Besides that, Serangoon Swimming Complex is about one or two bus stops away of which walking from serangoon central takes only about 10 to 15 minutes.

I think the higher price is justified for that area. If you want something cheaper, buy a place that is slightly furher away (eg. 2 bus stops away) at Serangoon Ave 4.

Cheers!

I think Lor Lew Lian has got the best potential in the Serangoon central area. Their px are lagging behind other central units (although bigger sqm) and there is also a plot of land near there (Formerly SCDF and nw used by Australian school or something). This cld lead to more condo developments and raise the profile and $$ of the entire area. Can any1 comment if my analogy is correct?

I think Lor Lew Lian has got the best potential in the Serangoon central area. Their px are lagging behind other central units (although bigger sqm) and there is also a plot of land near there (Formerly SCDF and nw used by Australian school or something). This cld lead to more condo developments and raise the profile and $$ of the entire area. Can any1 comment if my analogy is correct?

If you feel that Lor Lew Lian is a good place, go ahead to buy a unit there. You are right that the units there are quite big.

Cheers!

If you feel that Lor Lew Lian is a good place, go ahead to buy a unit there. You are right that the units there are quite big.

Cheers!

Previously neva heard of Lor Lew Lian and only check out HDB website and street directory after reading forum. I surprised with the selling px in contrast to central and Ave 1. I think buyers who are looking for rentals with good locations (Mega Mall, 2 MRT Lines, 15 mins to Botanic gardens and 20 mins to Holland V after circle line is up) will be keen to check out this area.

Anyway, I staying in Bishan, not true that interest in Bishan drop, my neighbour got 465K +50K COV for 4 room but reject offer. All HDB flats will continue to go up.

Gd luck Wever!!

Me too.. actually looking for Serangoon Central.. but the price really crazy high.. so end up buying those near Kovan MRT. think it's a good location too :)

Me too.. actually looking for Serangoon Central.. but the price really crazy high.. so end up buying those near Kovan MRT. think it's a good location too :)

Don't buy now will eventually pay higher price to get one. Near Kovan Mrt? Another "small vietnam", Joo Chiat's birds all fly and nest there. Traffic terrible! Long long then one U-turn, omg.

Edited by bepgof

Don't buy now will eventually pay higher price to get one. Near Kovan Mrt? Another "small vietnam", Joo Chiat's birds all fly and nest there. Traffic terrible! Long long then one U-turn, omg.

Px will keep gog up, Up & Up. Nw population about 4.9M. Target about 6.5M by 2020. There will continue to be demand for Resale flats all the way. Those who stay at the sideliens and wait will regret. Statistics has shown that future new low will be higher than the last high. even if there is a market correction, it will not happen anytime soon.

30K will appear cheap if you look back 6 mths later.

Px will keep gog up, Up & Up. Nw population about 4.9M. Target about 6.5M by 2020. There will continue to be demand for Resale flats all the way. Those who stay at the sideliens and wait will regret. Statistics has shown that future new low will be higher than the last high. even if there is a market correction, it will not happen anytime soon.

30K will appear cheap if you look back 6 mths later.

I agree with Wever that px will continue to go up. Good locations will always hv the edge. Near MRT, Shopping Mall (& I mean those big Malls, no the small type with 1 or 2 coffee shop and some barber shop and a doctor/dentist that kind) will always have demand.

In the entire NE line, Serangoon Central is in the middle of the NE line. I am surprised that even my fren who is staying near Kovan dun know that they are building a MEGA Mall there. He just know there is a construction there (He say everwhere building smething until he lost track where building what).

Serangoon or lew lian & as long as near the MRT will boom. I am going for that area when I turn 35 in August. Wish me luck!!

why is it call small vietnam???

why is it call small vietnam???

Wo lao, did not read papers? Joo Chiat MP under pressure from residents and did a "cleaning". Then all Vietnamese Birds flew to Kovan and nest there already. May be need another MP to chase away the birds to somewhere, hopefully not bedok.

Edited by bepgof