Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wever

Serangoon Central

I agree with Wever that px will continue to go up. Good locations will always hv the edge. Near MRT, Shopping Mall (& I mean those big Malls, no the small type with 1 or 2 coffee shop and some barber shop and a doctor/dentist that kind) will always have demand.

In the entire NE line, Serangoon Central is in the middle of the NE line. I am surprised that even my fren who is staying near Kovan dun know that they are building a MEGA Mall there. He just know there is a construction there (He say everwhere building smething until he lost track where building what).

Serangoon or lew lian & as long as near the MRT will boom. I am going for that area when I turn 35 in August. Wish me luck!!

If the price is always up and the "new low" is higher than "old high", why got many people only "break even" when they sell the house recently?

I met 1 owner who was break even when she sold her place at potong pasir.

I also viewed 1 house in Clementi before where the selling price is the SAME as the price they bought ard '96- '98 (the peak period).

In overall, price would increase, but there would be a limit of it.

For now, the price is definitely too high.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If the price is always up and the "new low" is higher than "old high", why got many people only "break even" when they sell the house recently?

I also viewed 1 house in Clementi before where the selling price is the SAME as the price they bought ard '96- '98 (the peak period).

The price now is "considerably" high, but not too high, yet to reach another "high" before minor correction, then will go up again. Compare to HK & China's major cities wrt to affordability index, S'pore has room to expand. LKY recently mentioned residents from neigbouring countries siad s'pore housing is comparatively CHEAPER.

Ghost month is a good time to do a shopping if you are not afraid of ghost- when ppl don't want - take, ppls want - give them lah.

The price now is "considerably" high, but not too high, yet to reach another "high" before minor correction, then will go up again. Compare to HK & China's major cities wrt to affordability index, S'pore has room to expand. LKY recently mentioned residents from neigbouring countries siad s'pore housing is comparatively CHEAPER.

Ghost month is a good time to do a shopping if you are not afraid of ghost- when ppl don't want - take, ppls want - give them lah.

My new colleague from HK went to view Tg pagar Plaza flat with me last weekend. The corner unit was asking for 450K++ and she said it is cheap. In HK this sort of unit in the city will cost almost 5M HKD. She ask me to grap. It will hit another high till year end, no doubt abt it. Many buyers both China PR and landed prioperty owners will go for HDB, not to live but to rent out and wait for resale px to go up. I have another fren who owned 2 condos in the East recently looking at any unit in Serangoon Central, Holland V or Pine Close with budget of $80K cash COV.

With ppl like that ard, prices dun go up oso cannot. I have a friend who was waiting for price to drop during the Lehnman collapse and he is still waiting now. dun end up like him, every purchase now will seem cheap even b4 yr 2nd appt is due. that is how fast px will go up.

7th mth or wat just go for it. Cleanse yr hse after that and its as good as new.

Wo lao, did not read papers? Joo Chiat MP under pressure from residents and did a "cleaning". Then all Vietnamese Birds flew to Kovan and nest there already. May be need another MP to chase away the birds to somewhere, hopefully not bedok.

If can solve Joo Chiat, they will address kovan oso. I was at Upper Serangoon SC to eat durian (just outside hotel 81) but saw no Vietnam, No vietnam restaurant ard oso - so still far from joo chiat rd feeling. But plus point is that Upper serangoon SC is so old, matter of time that place wl be put up for en-bloc. There is plenty of landed in that area + condo + new HDB owners who pay top COV. That location will become a Holland V of the NE where many F&B will set up becos of many ppl with high disposal income. The American school in woodleigh will spillover when more expats settle in that area. Watch out for that area!!

My new colleague from HK went to view Tg pagar Plaza flat with me last weekend. The corner unit was asking for 450K++ and she said it is cheap. In HK this sort of unit in the city will cost almost 5M HKD. She ask me to grap. It will hit another high till year end, no doubt abt it. Many buyers both China PR and landed prioperty owners will go for HDB, not to live but to rent out and wait for resale px to go up. I have another fren who owned 2 condos in the East recently looking at any unit in Serangoon Central, Holland V or Pine Close with budget of $80K cash COV.

With ppl like that ard, prices dun go up oso cannot. I have a friend who was waiting for price to drop during the Lehnman collapse and he is still waiting now. dun end up like him, every purchase now will seem cheap even b4 yr 2nd appt is due. that is how fast px will go up.

7th mth or wat just go for it. Cleanse yr hse after that and its as good as new.

Think far far, see slow slow, act quick quick. URA/HDB seemed not worked in "same tune" with immigration Dept caused a "lack in supply". Now quick quick release land and build BTO, will take 3-4 years for these houses to be ready, price will have correction then hor.

Edited by bepgof

If can solve Joo Chiat, they will address kovan oso. I was at Upper Serangoon SC to eat durian (just outside hotel 81) but saw no Vietnam, No vietnam restaurant ard oso - so still far from joo chiat rd feeling. But plus point is that Upper serangoon SC is so old, matter of time that place wl be put up for en-bloc. There is plenty of landed in that area + condo + new HDB owners who pay top COV. That location will become a Holland V of the NE where many F&B will set up becos of many ppl with high disposal income. The American school in woodleigh will spillover when more expats settle in that area. Watch out for that area!!

Wever, do you speak Teochew?

Edited by bepgof

I guess we cant compare to 96 97 era. that period was the time where many hk people flocking to singapore and pushed up the market. That time HDB brand new still selling 5 room less tha 200k. Now direct unit from HDB 5 room is already selling more than 320 to 450k. resale prices are only slightly higher than direct purchases plus the ballotting and wait is rather good to grab a resale of our choice. Plus the housing grant and AHG i think resale is still a betterchoice for people in need of urgent housing.

Edited by salavanun

Wever, do you speak Teochew?

I dont speak Teochew, but I heard many ppl in that area are Teochew who were re-located from Ponggol. I hv a fren who told me he grew up next to Zoe Tay. Btw, why u ask?

I guess we cant compare to 96 97 era. that period was the time where many hk people flocking to singapore and pushed up the market. That time HDB brand new still selling 5 room less tha 200k. Now direct unit from HDB 5 room is already selling more than 320 to 450k. resale prices are only slightly higher than direct purchases plus the ballotting and wait is rather good to grab a resale of our choice. Plus the housing grant and AHG i think resale is still a betterchoice for people in need of urgent housing.

I nt sure abt 96/97 cos I was still in school then. But now I can see that its the PRC and foreign talent from India that pay high COV. They say they are paying almost $2K rent every mth, might as well pay a high COV (just like advanced rent) and own the flat. My fren working as agent juz close a unit in Tampines with 40K COV, low flr, original, abt 4 bus stop fm MRT (definately cant walk). Imagine if you are owner upstairs and is thinking of selling yr unit. Wld you go lower? Ever seller want to sell higher than the last closing price.

I dont speak Teochew, but I heard many ppl in that area are Teochew who were re-located from Ponggol. I hv a fren who told me he grew up next to Zoe Tay. Btw, why u ask?

Ah Tee/Ah Muay, heard of hougang 3rd "stone", 2nd "stone".....?, whole stretch upper serangoon till Ponggol point all stayed the Teochew ppl. I'm 100% Teochew, When I was a boy, I & my late mother always frequent the mkts along "Lim Tua Tou Rd" &. That time, all ppls use "underground water", the mkts stall owners used udg water to do many things....endless. It reminded me those roads named after "fruit trees". I ever plucked rbt there. The land behind serangoon sc got quite a few rambutan trees then. May be able to find some "wells" in the shophouses.

Payalebar Methodist Girl shifted, Police stn also shift, sigh.. too many things changed, now Minton comes in....

Edited by bepgof

Ah Tee/Ah Muay, heard of hougang 3rd "stone", 2nd "stone".....?, whole stretch upper serangoon till Ponggol point all stayed the Teochew ppl. I'm 100% Teochew, When I was a boy, I & my late mother always frequent the mkts along "Lim Tua Tou Rd" &. That time, all ppls use "underground water", the mkts stall owners used udg water to do many things....endless. It reminded me those roads named after "fruit trees". I ever plucked rbt there. The land behind serangoon sc got quite a few rambutan trees then. May be able to find some "wells" in the shophouses.

Payalebar Methodist Girl shifted, Police stn also shift, sigh.. too many things changed, now Minton comes in....

So you grew up there and suppose you still live there. But the name serangoon still reminds ppl who dun live in the NE of Mustafa Centre. When I told my neighbour I looking ard Serangoon central MRt area, they ask me why I want to stay in Little India.

Today newspapers, say GDP forecast up again, i think tis weekend another COV frenzy across the island again. 2 weeks ago, I come across Potong Pasir unit asking for 25K cov, but after 2Q HDB say go up 3.8% alst 2 weeks, suddenly he ask for 50k cov.

So you grew up there and suppose you still live there. But the name serangoon still reminds ppl who dun live in the NE of Mustafa Centre. When I told my neighbour I looking ard Serangoon central MRt area, they ask me why I want to stay in Little India.

Today newspapers, say GDP forecast up again, i think tis weekend another COV frenzy across the island again. 2 weeks ago, I come across Potong Pasir unit asking for 25K cov, but after 2Q HDB say go up 3.8% alst 2 weeks, suddenly he ask for 50k cov.

A few "super long" roads in s'pore, serangoon is one of those. Gov is doing some painting work upfront, like sale man selling a product, talk about those "good" points, hide away those "bad" points. Our econ model is "exporting", our 2 export "absorbers" eurozone & us kena badly injured - take quite some time to recover. China pty recently drop 68%, HK's "super pricier" house sale kena "dead in the womb" being investigated.

Upfront seem good & bright, behind...sigh, like restaurant & kitchen - swee swee in front, back got rats & .......run here & there. Seeing is believing.

Don’t make promise when you’re in joy.

Don’t reply when you’re sad.

Don’t take decision when you’re angry.

Think twice…..Act wise.

Edited by bepgof

A few "super long" roads in s'pore, serangoon is one of those. Gov is doing some painting work upfront, like sale man selling a product, talk about those "good" points, hide away those "bad" points. Our econ model is "exporting", our 2 export "absorbers" eurozone & us kena badly injured - take quite some time to recover. China pty recently drop 68%, HK's "super pricier" house sale kena "dead in the womb" being investigated.

Upfront seem good & bright, behind...sigh, like restaurant & kitchen - swee swee in front, back got rats & .......run here & there. Seeing is believing.

Don’t make promise when you’re in joy.

Don’t reply when you’re sad.

Don’t take decision when you’re angry.

Think twice…..Act wise.

It was reported today that 100,000 workers needed for strong economy. I suspect this will be next wave coming for increase in HDB prices, some of them will come and work and look for rented flats. If theer is demand for rental HDB, ppl will continue to offer high COV bcos they kno wthey will recoup back. This is a cahin effect rent in demnad COV go up & Up, tats why if you go sembawang or Holland V, the rental difference not much but the asking px can be over over 120K for same kind of flat.

If anybody single man/woman think of buying, just go with gut feel and look longer term, buy now. Better than $ idle in CPF.

It was reported today that 100,000 workers needed for strong economy. I suspect this will be next wave coming for increase in HDB prices, some of them will come and work and look for rented flats. If theer is demand for rental HDB, ppl will continue to offer high COV bcos they kno wthey will recoup back. This is a cahin effect rent in demnad COV go up & Up, tats why if you go sembawang or Holland V, the rental difference not much but the asking px can be over over 120K for same kind of flat.

If anybody single man/woman think of buying, just go with gut feel and look longer term, buy now. Better than $ idle in CPF.

I think estates which were previously less popular will see prices closing gap with the popular ones like AMK, Toa P. & Bishan. Everybody seems to be calling for buy, I think economy bullish, all logic gets thrown out of window.

Btw, any1 tried the hor fun in Lor Lew Lian estate. I heard they turn down makansutra and recently I go view the 4 rm there the agent told me got chance SERS. Any comments. Can we sue agent for misrepresentation if no en-bloc after 3 yrs.

I think estates which were previously less popular will see prices closing gap with the popular ones like AMK, Toa P. & Bishan. Everybody seems to be calling for buy, I think economy bullish, all logic gets thrown out of window.

Btw, any1 tried the hor fun in Lor Lew Lian estate. I heard they turn down makansutra and recently I go view the 4 rm there the agent told me got chance SERS. Any comments. Can we sue agent for misrepresentation if no en-bloc after 3 yrs.

[/quote

haha how to sue like that..my agent also told me abt my holland like that. when i saw also very promising, only these 2 particular block left untouched by any upgrading. big carpark. old skool lift. suddenly after 6 mths purchase LUP HIP and NRP!! luckily i sold coz is already 37yrs..but location wise still good. so it depnds whether for own stay or investemnt.