Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wever

Serangoon Central

The Sarla at Lor Chuan selling like hot cakes, $1,150 average psf!!. Believe Serangoon Central will shoot up as its the interchange of the NEL, offering whole lot of better amenities and MRT connectivity.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I nt sure abt 96/97 cos I was still in school then. But now I can see that its the PRC and foreign talent from India that pay high COV. They say they are paying almost $2K rent every mth, might as well pay a high COV (just like advanced rent) and own the flat. My fren working as agent juz close a unit in Tampines with 40K COV, low flr, original, abt 4 bus stop fm MRT (definately cant walk). Imagine if you are owner upstairs and is thinking of selling yr unit. Wld you go lower? Ever seller want to sell higher than the last closing price.

What makes u think the seller would not sell lower? my hdb was bought from aunty who paid 40k more than me. And a predecessor for my current private property paid 200k more than what i pay now.

I think estates which were previously less popular will see prices closing gap with the popular ones like AMK, Toa P. & Bishan. Everybody seems to be calling for buy, I think economy bullish, all logic gets thrown out of window.

Btw, any1 tried the hor fun in Lor Lew Lian estate. I heard they turn down makansutra and recently I go view the 4 rm there the agent told me got chance SERS. Any comments. Can we sue agent for misrepresentation if no en-bloc after 3 yrs.

ask your agent to pen that down for u and u may have a case. I was told by my agent when i bought my amk hdb 8 years ago would be enbloc, so should i sue her now?

Doing your due diligence is the most important. Forget about what agents say cause if u look into the evening chinese dailies, the agents talk up the mkt to entice more buying.

Edited by wd88

ask your agent to pen that down for u and u may have a case. I was told by my agent when i bought my amk hdb had enbloc potential, so should i sue her?

Do your due diligence and that i can tell u. forget about what agents cause if u look into the evening chinese dailies, the agents talk up the mkt to entice more buying.

guess no ground for sueing..the word is enbloc POTENTIAL..is not CONFIRMED...anyway no agent will put pen n paper for things in the future.

guess no ground for sueing..the word is enbloc POTENTIAL..is not CONFIRMED...anyway no agent will put pen n paper for things in the future.

Absolutely. afterall, it is just potential per se.

What makes u think the seller would not sell lower? my hdb was bought from aunty who paid 40k more than me. And a predecessor for my current private property paid 200k more than what i pay now.

You ust be a very good property investor. Getting to buy low takes foresight and guts when mkt is down. U certainly have them. maybe you could gv some advise if now should buy or hold?

You ust be a very good property investor. Getting to buy low takes foresight and guts when mkt is down. U certainly have them. maybe you could gv some advise if now should buy or hold?

Buy if you need it desperately for your own stay.

Buy if you think you have the holding power and do not mind holding for the next 10-20 years.

Property has its cycle like shares. However, if you do not mind get stuck with a property for 10-20 years, then go ahead. For me, I am buying for my own stay.

My new colleague from HK went to view Tg pagar Plaza flat with me last weekend. The corner unit was asking for 450K++ and she said it is cheap. In HK this sort of unit in the city will cost almost 5M HKD. She ask me to grap. It will hit another high till year end, no doubt abt it. Many buyers both China PR and landed prioperty owners will go for HDB, not to live but to rent out and wait for resale px to go up. I have another fren who owned 2 condos in the East recently looking at any unit in Serangoon Central, Holland V or Pine Close with budget of $80K cash COV.

With ppl like that ard, prices dun go up oso cannot. I have a friend who was waiting for price to drop during the Lehnman collapse and he is still waiting now. dun end up like him, every purchase now will seem cheap even b4 yr 2nd appt is due. that is how fast px will go up.

7th mth or wat just go for it. Cleanse yr hse after that and its as good as new.

The unit u viewed must be on #5 or #11 right? ya, is abit crazy price for a 3 rm flat for singaporean but not for ppl from hk. their flat r even smaller with a higher price! the corner unit at tg pagar plaza has transcated from 350k-445k so far, those asking for >450k r those unit with newer valuation(with ard 5-6% increase in valuation when they re-value the unit). so, will u pay 50k cov for the corner unit there? :rolleyes:

Ah Tee/Ah Muay, heard of hougang 3rd "stone", 2nd "stone".....?, whole stretch upper serangoon till Ponggol point all stayed the Teochew ppl. I'm 100% Teochew, When I was a boy, I & my late mother always frequent the mkts along "Lim Tua Tou Rd" &. That time, all ppls use "underground water", the mkts stall owners used udg water to do many things....endless. It reminded me those roads named after "fruit trees". I ever plucked rbt there. The land behind serangoon sc got quite a few rambutan trees then. May be able to find some "wells" in the shophouses.

Payalebar Methodist Girl shifted, Police stn also shift, sigh.. too many things changed, now Minton comes in....

beside lim tua tou market, u must be familiar with simon rd market "6th stone" market right? also, the lim ah pin clinics? the building is still there, i went in to take a look last mth when the gate is open (building was rented by a childcare for the past 17yrs), building structure is still unchanged, even the switches are the black round type! i heard from the stuff a ceiling fan(look like those KDK type using in kopitiam) is still in working condition! (should be at least 30-50yr old already)! things are build to last previously! :good:

so many ppl so familiar with the serangoon stretch. Notice that serangoon central now no flats on sale in recent weeks. Is it bcos of 7th mth or wat? I believe those who want to sell is waiting for NEX mega mall to open. Px expected to up again for the rest of this year. If go up like that, 3 room will hit at least $350k by yr end - bcos his time valuation goes up, the next seller wl continue to ask for 40 to 50K COV and surely there will be a buyer who will buy.

My fren working wth a big developer say The land that NEX is sitting on is a white site, so the value there is a goldmine. Any comments?

beside lim tua tou market, u must be familiar with simon rd market "6th stone" market right? also, the lim ah pin clinics? the building is still there, i went in to take a look last mth when the gate is open (building was rented by a childcare for the past 17yrs), building structure is still unchanged, even the switches are the black round type! i heard from the stuff a ceiling fan(look like those KDK type using in kopitiam) is still in working condition! (should be at least 30-50yr old already)! things are build to last previously! :good:

"simon" army camp still there. My elder 3rd brother's unit in BN still have those black round switches with wooden base. Also got one very tokong KDK table fan, moved over from kampong, still working. Everytimes CNY gathering, all brothers/sisters have good fond memory of that tokong KDK fan. Everytime asked 3rd bro to change all the wiring & switches, he would say in laughter : "just want to see who can last longer."

Edited by bepgof

"simon" army camp still there. My elder 3rd brother's unit in BN still have those black round switches with wooden base. Also got one very tokong KDK table fan, moved over from kampong, still working. Everytimes CNY gathering, all brothers/sisters have good fond memory of that tokong KDK fan. Everytime asked 3rd bro to change all the wiring & switches, he would say in laughter : "just want to see who can last longer."

The camp still there?? I remember is a transport base and they say will vacate the area when I was still in NS 10 yrs ago.

Serangoon area has its feet stamped as the most ideal location within the NEL when LTA made serangoon central the NEL interchange. As I mentioned earlier, the land on NEX Mega Mall is a white site; construction partly overseen by LTA as they are required to provide A/C basement linkage to new bus interchange.

Those near serangoon central shd see prices closing the gap with AMK, Toa Payoh & Bishan, provided mkt sentiment stay this way. In real estate, sentiment is everything. Anyhow, its impt not to get carried away when paying COV. There's a unit in Lor Lew Lian asking for over $70K COV. When we ask the agent why so high, their reply was unit in good condition, near Mall and en-bloc potential. Except for the last mention, I tot all has been factored into valuation. I believe they ask high cos they know they'll hv to pay high COV for new unit. Any way the last offer was +$50K - but rejected.

The camp still there?? I remember is a transport base and they say will vacate the area when I was still in NS 10 yrs ago.

Serangoon area has its feet stamped as the most ideal location within the NEL when LTA made serangoon central the NEL interchange. As I mentioned earlier, the land on NEX Mega Mall is a white site; construction partly overseen by LTA as they are required to provide A/C basement linkage to new bus interchange.

Those near serangoon central shd see prices closing the gap with AMK, Toa Payoh & Bishan, provided mkt sentiment stay this way. In real estate, sentiment is everything. Anyhow, its impt not to get carried away when paying COV. There's a unit in Lor Lew Lian asking for over $70K COV. When we ask the agent why so high, their reply was unit in good condition, near Mall and en-bloc potential. Except for the last mention, I tot all has been factored into valuation. I believe they ask high cos they know they'll hv to pay high COV for new unit. Any way the last offer was +$50K - but rejected.

ya, simon camp is no longer there. the camp was tore down according to some in 03 while the simon market in 1999.

Lor Lew Lian is a rather unique place, not so crowded like serangoon central yet is a stone throw from serangoon mrt. think no body expected that area to be so high in demand 10-20 yrs back! :o

I recall talking to agent last mth (before world cup) & they were asking for abt 70K COV for this 4 room Lor lew lian . They mentioned like Blk 40X were selling over 500K and that their unit is cheap. I tik this area is unknown to many younger folks. but is becoming popular of late, especially to singleppl who cant afford condo in Lor Chuan or minton. If Lor Chuan Scala's selling point is anything to talk abt, then Serangoo central + Lor lew lian area is definately better + MRT interchange. All HDB with MRT interchange (not many in spore - bishan, chinatown, jurong east, bouna vista coming soon) hv seen excellent px appreciation already. serangoon central is the cheapest of the lot. Did some1 say close gap in $$ terms - This cant be more true.

I saw HDB August 2010 figures in Lor lew lian area - all between 6 to 10 floor:

3 room corner - $300K

3 room corridor - $300K

3 room corridor - $257K

Do you al think the prices a bit wierd. I suspect the 257K and corner ($300K) was done internally with possible COV separte arrangement or is a unit in original condition or was closed earlier and 1st appt only much later. The 3 room corridor looks like the true selling price. I check with agent last week and he say all units there if not prepared to pay $300K, no way can get. The units opposite already shoot up > $370K. This is crazy mkt.