Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wever

Serangoon Central

I saw HDB August 2010 figures in Lor lew lian area - all between 6 to 10 floor:

3 room corner - $300K

3 room corridor - $300K

3 room corridor - $257K

Do you al think the prices a bit wierd. I suspect the 257K and corner ($300K) was done internally with possible COV separte arrangement or is a unit in original condition or was closed earlier and 1st appt only much later. The 3 room corridor looks like the true selling price. I check with agent last week and he say all units there if not prepared to pay $300K, no way can get. The units opposite already shoot up > $370K. This is crazy mkt.

Not wierd at all, the lower px could be due to selling at value within internal family or also ethnic quota ratio that sold at value or very low COV. Everwhere in Spore, px will go up. My fren In sembawang already got offer at 38K but he asking for 50K. Prices should got up again.

But why all the talk of px go up?? You sell high, you end up buy high also. Unless you pack the $$ & migrate to JB, or else you end up the same.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

From August transactions can see Serangoon resale prices up shooting up. With the opening of NEX this year end and the last phase of Circle line next year,the prices are sure to rise further more.

When the bus interchange is integrated with NEX and MRT, really curious to know whether the existing bus interchange will be converted to something like retail space/ kopitiam(like the new Kopitiam square in Sengkang central).Or may be it will be teared down to build some BTO or Condo.

From August transactions can see Serangoon resale prices up shooting up. With the opening of NEX this year end and the last phase of Circle line next year,the prices are sure to rise further more.

When the bus interchange is integrated with NEX and MRT, really curious to know whether the existing bus interchange will be converted to something like retail space/ kopitiam(like the new Kopitiam square in Sengkang central).Or may be it will be teared down to build some BTO or Condo.

My agent fren updated me that there are some units ard Nex still asking for +50K. I ask him can fetch so much meh? He say this is a supply & demand thing. With new measures, there will be fewer sellers because of 10% cash & the 70% LTV requirement. He expects this to result into a drop in supply for resale falts as ppl hold their breath, wait & see. Those units with good locations will in fact fetch a good price as they get from medium rare to rare . Maybe a high floor corner unit, unblock near NEX and windy with everything mawill continue to command +40 to 50K COV - but this is reserved only for the Best units. I sawa few more in 207, 209 n last week Lor Lew Lian blk 3.

My agent fren updated me that there are some units ard Nex still asking for +50K. I ask him can fetch so much meh? He say this is a supply & demand thing. With new measures, there will be fewer sellers because of 10% cash & the 70% LTV requirement. He expects this to result into a drop in supply for resale falts as ppl hold their breath, wait & see. Those units with good locations will in fact fetch a good price as they get from medium rare to rare . Maybe a high floor corner unit, unblock near NEX and windy with everything mawill continue to command +40 to 50K COV - but this is reserved only for the Best units. I sawa few more in 207, 209 n last week Lor Lew Lian blk 3.

So if my unit is 800m to 1 km away, is it considered near?

So if my unit is 800m to 1 km away, is it considered near?

1km would take at least 15mins to walk.

If i need to take MRT to work, I would consider it far.

but as a leisure walk to Nex for dinning/shopping, i am definitely ok

Edited by Always Happy

with the new rulings, only premium units will fetch high COVs >50k (chinese, corner, highfloor, superd condition)

Serangoon still a hot area and the racial quota for Chinese is very full, quite difficult to get a unit I heard in fact.

COVs hovering around 30k should remains.

with the new rulings, only premium units will fetch high COVs >50k (chinese, corner, highfloor, superd condition)

Serangoon still a hot area and the racial quota for Chinese is very full, quite difficult to get a unit I heard in fact.

COVs hovering around 30k should remains.

That's good, most ppl in forum still see that high COV for good hot areas near MRT will remain. Someone said its the same as queue for food in hawker centre which is very true. Ppl like the food, they queue.

If there are less good units on sale, the next unit that put up for sale will command excellent premium. maybe 50K++.

Serangoon Central Mall, a 4 store with 2 basement shopping complex and bus interchange at Upper Serangoon

Road/ Serangoon Central/ Serangoon Avenue 2.