Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

3rm In Tampines

hi hush_girl, so sorry to read about your troubles with ossify...

when i see your pics, first thing on my mind is the motar base seem unusually high.....hmm was it a special request by you or it's decided by ossify? kinda makes it looks a little weird, IMHO...

hopefully things can be settled peacefully and nicely for you..dun think too much now, enjoy ur holidays and your new home.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you Patsy. We are busy preparing for hari raya and shifting of things, but we are definitely happier. take care!

good to hear that! Hope you have a great Hari Raya in your new home!

Hi hush girl,

I'm a newbie here, read quite a no. of t-blogs (some good and bad experience) and can feel your full frustration over the long post.

Don't brood over the unhappy things, and enjoy the upcoming holidays. :drunk:

Hdb Officer, i understand what you mean. But i believe there is a beam behind the cabinets, that is why the oven was pushed out more. Hopefully we wont see any blood bath after moving in

No you don't see my point, I totally understand that there is a beam behind it and somone suggested to push it out,

but there is deep gap under the cabinet that is going to stuck your children's head underneath it.

It should be filled with cement mortar base as a kicker.

After all, the cement mortar base should not be exceed 50mm thick or it will cause over loading to the kitchen floor,

if this is found during randam check by HDB, you will be asked to demolish and rebuilt.

see http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ng?OpenDocument

Just checked with my wetworks subcon.

The cement mortar used is between 15mm to 25mm covering a light-weight filler material.

He has done this for other HDB flats, no issues.

Don't think HDB is very sticky about this regulation, just saw a flat undergone HDB inspection, cement base was 60mm, still approved by the HDB inspector.

Edited by ossify

The cement mortar used is between 15mm to 25mm covering a light-weight filler material.

Don't think HDB is very sticky about this regulation, just saw a flat undergone HDB inspection, cement base was 60mm, still approved by the HDB inspector.

60mm is not that easy to differential it with 50mm...but that height is really too easily be seem. Moreover, if the HDB want the owner to demolish it, saying it is constructed with light-weight filler material got use meh...owner got any proof for it? Owner or can I said, did u apply permit thru HDB to build it in the first place?

Edited by jaskel

hush gal was right, you do have problem understanding things.. and you never gave up twisting fact.

You mean HDB has allowed 60mm mortar base? can you revert the inspector's contact?

Can you also ask your sub-con whether he has obtain permit for this particular design from HDB? How he sure people can tell whether that piece of cement mortar does come with light-weight filler... he could have x-ray eye or unless you have photos to proof it right.

Anyway, from this reno. I can understand more on what is a "reno consultant".

Edited by jaskel

Hdb Officer, i understand what you mean. But i believe there is a beam behind the cabinets, that is why the oven was pushed out more. Hopefully we wont see any blood bath after moving in

No you don't see my point, I totally understand that there is a beam behind it and somone suggested to push it out,

but there is deep gap under the cabinet that is going to stuck your children's head underneath it.

It should be filled with cement mortar base as a kicker.

After all, the cement mortar base should not be exceed 50mm thick or it will cause over loading to the kitchen floor,

if this is found during randam check by HDB, you will be asked to demolish and rebuilt.

see http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ng?OpenDocument

hush_girl, my tall cabinet also pushed out but my contractor did not leave a huge gap like what was in the pics for urs. It will be like HDB Officer's waning to you, danger zone, gal....

Anyway, from this reno. I can understand more on what is a "reno consultant".

pretty scary dare take money from ppl!!!

just glad i didn't take up on his offer even if he was 75% cheaper than the ID i used!

pretty scary dare take money from ppl!!!

just glad i didn't take up on his offer even if he was 75% cheaper than the ID i used!

i heard my colleague once visited some ID firm and apparently the ID undercut his company by supping his own contacts to do, bypassing his company... as the quotes were much lower he became a little worried about quality and workmanship... in the end, nv signed up with him...

Guest Goobii

OMG.... ossify, u screwed up your own path...

should not have posted in RT in the 1st place... looks good in the beginning but things gone wrong in the mid way...

congrat to u for your 1st baby... I know how it feels... and it takes about 6mth to fully recover your mental to get to the right mind to do things better..

REMEMBER TO GIVE YOUR WIFE 101% supports... as IT happen to me... my wife @ 2mth after birth... almost wanted to JUMP from height due to depression.

hush_gal.... I believe ossify know he is in the wrong now... since now u already got the keys and already moved in.... let the past by past and move on to a next better stage of life.

I am sure, he dunno that time managament is very important and I am sure he is as excited as a new father which screw up his time to understand the important of handing his homework on time.

My contractor also ALMOST screw up my timing.. even though I visit ... EVERYDAY just to oversee that everything in order... IN the end, only the toilet pipping is lay wrongly but still acceptable...

Relax.... look on the bright side...

Edited by Goobii

Hush_gal,

i can totally understand your situation as when i read through your point A to Z.

it sounds EXACTLY the same as my contractor did during my renovation period.

i guess sometimes we are too easy going and ppl will take advantage.

i always believe in give in a little and expect other party to do the same and make life easier.

in my renovation experience, it doesn't seem to work this way for me. guess it didn't work for you too.

Now at least i know that i am never ever going to see that contractor of mine ever again, let alone recommend him any clients.

Ossify, i did ask you for pointers during my reno period and i am grateful for that.

i do not wan to flame you in my post, i just find hush_girl posts of you are very very similiar to what i thought of my contractor.

seriously, i understand all ppl/contractors are out to make a living.

Since you are at an area where ppl will live in for the next few years at least or for some the next decade or more, make the effort to do it nicely and smoothly.

I dun think contractors wan other ppl to mess up your place while still get paid also.

Pls put yourself(ves) in our shoes before you(all) do anything silly and irritating to us (owners)

Peace out. ;)

It will be better for ppl like him to run into hush gal's contractor the other time. Then he know what is responsible and iresponsible.