Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
janeys

Pre-employment Check - Do They Check If You Are Pregnant?

Hi,

I'm due to go for a pre-employment medical check-up for a new job. Does anyone know if they check for pregnancy? I'm wondering if I got pregnant before i start the new job, can they reject me? Don't want to get struck in a situation where both my old and new company don't want me if i'm pregnant.

Thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm due to go for a pre-employment medical check-up for a new job. Does anyone know if they check for pregnancy? I'm wondering if I got pregnant before i start the new job, can they reject me? Don't want to get struck in a situation where both my old and new company don't want me if i'm pregnant.

Thanks!!

I don't think so. If it does, it is discriminatory.

If you know that you are pregnant and you disclose before you are hired, they may or may not reject you.

I don't think so. If it does, it is discriminatory.

If you know that you are pregnant and you disclose before you are hired, they may or may not reject you.

Thanks! So meaning i have to disclose?

I understand from MOM that an employee is entitled to maternity benefits as long as she has worked for at least 90 days before the birth of the child.

I think pre-employment health checks do cover pregnancy test.

One of my previous boss retracted the employment offer after the lady said she is pregnant. There are true concerns as it will likely affect the distribution of work and the team as well. Afterall, the job requires extensive travelling. I spoke to her and she also understand the concerns since she is also unsure if she can assume the role given her suitation. She said she did considered before telling her pregnancy but her main concern is to have a healthy baby.

I think pre-employment health checks do cover pregnancy test.

One of my previous boss retracted the employment offer after the lady said she is pregnant. There are true concerns as it will likely affect the distribution of work and the team as well. Afterall, the job requires extensive travelling. I spoke to her and she also understand the concerns since she is also unsure if she can assume the role given her suitation. She said she did considered before telling her pregnancy but her main concern is to have a healthy baby.

Thanks Livinstyle. I suppose I should "own" up first then! Gee, thanks!

pre-employment health chks, wouldn't cover preggy tests. but most advisable to inform the medical staff on duty. becos u never know what medicine or injections they use, whether will it harm your unborn foetus or not