Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
htng

Kdk Low Ceiling Fan A11sy

Guys

I install this model and find it doesnt have much wind unless I am sitting right under this fan. Can anyone confirm? Or is it my motor?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guys

I install this model and find it doesnt have much wind unless I am sitting right under this fan. Can anyone confirm? Or is it my motor?

I also bought this model but haven install. Installing today or tomorrow. Let u know when i test it.

I also bought this model but haven install. Installing today or tomorrow. Let u know when i test it.

oops i just bought one yesterday too..... if so, then i better change to the VK series which i buy for the living room

Speed 1 not much wind; mainly for circulation only.

Speed 2 moderate; will probably be using it cos Speed 3 is really fast.

Directly below is cooling and if stand a distance away, can only blow the feet.

My living room is small, so anything more than 44" will be like having helicopter blade above our head. :P

Speed 1 not much wind; mainly for circulation only.

Speed 2 moderate; will probably be using it cos Speed 3 is really fast.

Directly below is cooling and if stand a distance away, can only blow the feet.

My living room is small, so anything more than 44" will be like having helicopter blade above our head. :P

Hmm..Today technician came down. He measured the motor speed for speed 1 and the speed is 140rpm vs 166-200rpm as stated in the specs.. He mention that he suspect my L box is slowly the motor down which I am skeptical.

Based on my knowledge, current and weight of fan blade affects the motor speed but not the L box. My L box is like 58-60 inches wide.

The servicew manager mention to me saying if the fan is 44 inch, the L box must be like 4ft + 44 inches which I tell her it is impossible considering all our HDB living room is like pigeon hole.

Anyway, for those who dont have enough wind, please ask technician to check. I really doubt fan speed will be affected by L box.

Edited by htng

Hmm..Today technician came down. He measured the motor speed for speed 1 and the speed is 140rpm vs 166-200rpm as stated in the specs.. He mention that he suspect my L box is slowly the motor down which I am skeptical.

Based on my knowledge, current and weight of fan blade affects the motor speed but not the L box. My L box is like 58-60 inches wide.

The servicew manager mention to me saying if the fan is 44 inch, the L box must be like 4ft + 44 inches which I tell her it is impossible considering all our HDB living room is like pigeon hole.

Anyway, for those who dont have enough wind, please ask technician to check. I really doubt fan speed will be affected by L box.

paisay, is ask electrician for lighting (L-box) or fan installer to check? check already can have what recourse? :P

paisay, is ask electrician for lighting (L-box) or fan installer to check? check already can have what recourse? :P

Check is to make sure your fan is rotating at the correct speed. The speed stated 166-200 rpm. Mine is at 140rpm which is really low.

Anyway, they will replace mine with a new one.

60 inch minus 44 inch = 16inch... means left and right of ur fan is only left with 8inch... its hardly enough for proper air circulation of a ceiling fan... my electrician friend told me tat a ceiling fan should have at least 1 to 2 feet (12inch to 24inch) on both side of fan for proper air circulation... hope this help... :P

60 inch minus 44 inch = 16inch... means left and right of ur fan is only left with 8inch... its hardly enough for proper air circulation of a ceiling fan... my electrician friend told me tat a ceiling fan should have at least 1 to 2 feet (12inch to 24inch) on both side of fan for proper air circulation... hope this help... :P

Maybe I can clarify, initially I told them that there is no wind for speed 1 but reasonable for speed 2 & 3. After measuring the speed 1 speed, the speed is 15% lower than the spec. Now the question is not whether got wind or not but rather why the fan rotation speed is lower than stated.

The service manager challenge my decison 2 days back but she call me today to tell that she is also puzzled by her own experiment results and she need to consult the technical expert in japan.

I won't share our conversation here till I get more information from their engineers. As for the space, I respect the contractors/ electrician based on their experience but I am skeptical any contractor knows the exact answer other than trial and error.

Guys

I got 5 kdk baby and just install last week. I can conclude that I'm utterly disappointed in its performance. My 6th fan, elmark 30" out performance these 44" crap! I used to have a elmark 48" in my parents' house, speed 2 is equivalent to kdk baby fan speed 3, moreover elmark 48" has max speed 4.

Seriously regret, shd stick to elmark 48", low ceiling type.

Now I really wondering, 166-200rpm in spec does it include the 3 propellers.

Edited by sunnytan31

I got 5 kdk baby and just install last week. I can conclude that I'm utterly disappointed in its performance. My 6th fan, elmark 30" out performance these 44" crap! I used to have a elmark 48" in my parents' house, speed 2 is equivalent to kdk baby fan speed 3, moreover elmark 48" has max speed 4.

Seriously regret, shd stick to elmark 48", low ceiling type.

Now I really wondering, 166-200rpm in spec does it include the 3 propellers.

For your info, I challenge their 166rpm specs. The service manager challenge me and insist it is my ceiling design problem. As someone with many years of R&D experience, I tell her my theory and ask her to contact their R&D engineers in Japan HQ and check it out. After she call Japan, she told me that the 166rpm might be a problem. Until today [2 weeks later], she dare not call me up again despite I try to call her 2 times but couldnt get her..

What a joke..! Service manager! Pui! Let me try and get her and see what is her answer now

Edited by htng

For your info, I challenge their 166rpm specs. The service manager challenge me and insist it is my ceiling design problem. As someone with many years of R&D experience, I tell her my theory and ask her to contact their R&D engineers in Japan HQ and check it out. After she call Japan, she told me that the 166rpm might be a problem. Until today [2 weeks later], she dare not call me up again despite I try to call her 2 times but couldnt get her..

What a joke..! Service manager! Pui! Let me try and get her and see what is her answer now

Bro, i support u. I have 5 baby fans and all are mounted on plain ceiling, yet NONE perform as I expected. Pui to their ceiling fan too..

I have frd install those big model 50++" and the performance is lousy, comparing to Elmark, Fanco, Cresta and etc...

On paper, they are fantastic but actual fact, fxxk tup...

Edited by sunnytan31

Bro, i support u. I have 5 baby fans and all are mounted on plain ceiling, yet NONE perform as I expected. Pui to their ceiling fan too..

I have frd install those big model 50++" and the performance is lousy, comparing to Elmark, Fanco, Cresta and etc...

On paper, they are fantastic but actual fact, fxxk tup...

oh lucky i see your this post. Was going to order 4 pieces for my house too.

But seems like cannot find any other brand that is so small leh.. any recommendation? i want simple ones... with lights...