Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dean

How To Get Rid Of Smell

any idea what can get rid of smell. how to air circulate in the house?

Edited by dean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What smell is that? In general, clean the house with sweet smelling fragrant detergent, open the windows and use more and stronger fans.

Cheers!

Must understand, smell spreads(not conduction or convection)from denser to thinner "space" though a process called "disffussion". Cut a potato in U-shaped, put salt water in, put the whole potato in a bowl of plain water, after some time, the plain water becomes salty.

You can "overide" the smell which u don't want by spraying some "air-reflesher" with smell you prefer - but not soving the root cause. The air mixed with 2 smells with the one you prefer being the predominant. Ppls put vinegar is for this purpose. Vinegar is citric acid which "burns" your lung's cells in long run without yr notice. Charco by whether wood or bamboo, or drying agent like Hippo, absorbe the smell particles, but will reach saturation soon & eventually loss their fuction.

A more "practical" way is to have ceiling fan installed & open windows/door, by "forced" mixing of air, smell will get alway slow (to other ppls' house!). That was why I installed 2 x 56 inches KDK ceiling fans (hall & dining).

Another more "fine" way is to get a $3,700 "water-based" vacuum cleaner. Add drops of perfum you like into the water container, switch on the motor, move the cleaner. "bad" air in, "nice" air out ! Recently just bought one, fantastic!.

Edited by bepgof

Must understand, smell spreads(not conduction or convection)from denser to thinner "space" though a process called "disffussion". Cut a potato in U-shaped, put salt water in, put the whole potato in a bowl of plain water, after some time, the plain water becomes salty.

You can "overide" the smell which u don't want by spraying some "air-reflesher" with smell you prefer - but not soving the root cause. The air mixed with 2 smells with the one you prefer being the predominant. Ppls put vinegar is for this purpose. Vinegar is citric acid which "burns" your lung's cells in long run without yr notice. Charco by whether wood or bamboo, or drying agent like Hippo, absorbe the smell particles, but will reach saturation soon & eventually loss their fuction.

A more "practical" way is to have ceiling fan installed & open windows/door, by "forced" mixing of air, smell will get alway slow (to other ppls' house!). That was why I installed 2 x 56 inches KDK ceiling fans (hall & dining).

Another more "fine" way is to get a $3,700 "water-based" vacuum cleaner. Add drops of perfum you like into the water container, switch on the motor, move the cleaner. "bad" air in, "nice" air out ! Recently just bought one, fantastic!.

my house was no smell previously after i have subletting 1 common room to tenants, the smell spread from the common room to living room and kitchen, i not sure what lotion did they apply. It make the house stink. installed 56 inch ceiling fan in the living room. Airwick very noisy got tat tat sound.

i need to air circulate in the living room.

my house was no smell previously after i have subletting 1 common room to tenants, the smell spread from the common room to living room and kitchen, i not sure what lotion did they apply. It make the house stink. installed 56 inch ceiling fan in the living room. Airwick very noisy got tat tat sound.

i need to air circulate in the living room.

Then Bopiah lor, just bear with it or practice "Qi Kong" to breath in & out slowly to get longer life.

Edited by bepgof

Then Bopiah lor, just bear with it or practice "Qi Kong" to breath in & out slowly to get longer life.

i will do a early termination after 6 month. Do you have recommended air purifier that I can plug to socket every day.

i will do a early termination after 6 month. Do you have recommended air purifier that I can plug to socket every day.

Present mkt's air purifiers are "toy", as compared to this Delphin Vacuum Cleaner, multiple functions, made in Germany, adjustable speed, super quiet, but expensive - $3,700. 10 year warranty. I've got one recently.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6190/de...cuumcleaner.jpg

See http://www.delphin.sg/

Edited by bepgof

Baking soda is a good absorbent of bad smell. You can also use vinegar. Also, it is better to install exhaust fan, because it will help to draw out stale and impure air from your home and bring in fresh air, thereby improving the quality of indoor air.