Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Own Hdb + Private Property

In this way, i would not eligible for the HDB grant and would "lose" 30k.

Will HDB take back this grant amount in case you sell?

Edited by bepgof

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Will HDB take back this grant amount in case you sell?

Nope. However, it's only for resale flat and there are several eligibility conditions. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/...ly?OpenDocument

When buying an HDB resale flat, you may be eligible for a CPF Housing Grant if you and your spouse:

- Are buying a HDB flat for the first time, and

- Have not previously enjoyed a housing subsidy.

Income Ceiling Your gross monthly household income must not exceed $8,000*.

In this way, i would not eligible for the HDB grant and would "lose" 30k.

Gross monthly income < $1500 got AHG ( Additional CPF Housing Grant ) $40,000 ?

Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) Scheme is an additional subsidy over and above the prevailing $30,000/$40,000 CPF Housing Grant for Family :)

Buy hdb or pte first?

1. For young couplers(.

2. Pte need 5% upfront + heavy monthly maintenance (full facilities, children like these!) It's sort of blood "bleeding" llike cars. L99 condos flooded in mkt, best to stay 5-10 yr & sell away, then get FH with little facillities (children grow up liao), blood outflow little.

3. HDB units apparently !.

HDB maintenance fee also not cheap hor. Basic is already $150, 1 carpark. If u need 2 carparks, almost same as condo liao. For that economy of scale, HDB is overcharging. maybe that's why they can collect until got excess fund to go into investment. Might as well reutrn or lower the monthly fee!

HDB maintenance fee also not cheap hor. Basic is already $150, 1 carpark. If u need 2 carparks, almost same as condo liao. For that economy of scale, HDB is overcharging. maybe that's why they can collect until got excess fund to go into investment. Might as well reutrn or lower the monthly fee!

Hard fact showed: as compared to condo previously -1270sqft, I now save $200/per month, at hdb with 1 car.

Edited by bepgof

I've just logged on to my HDBpage, and sent them an equiry on this, let's wait for the written reply.

News of the day: Cannot buy private property now, must wait till MOP expires. See HDB's writted reply to me:

Your Ref :

Our Ref :

Date : 22 Jul 2010

TEL : 64247324

FAX : 68543219

EMAIL : sc25@hdb.gov.sg

Dear XXX,

BUYING A PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL UNIT

Lessees and essential occupiers of HDB flats, are allowed to invest in private property(regardless whether the private property is a completed one or under construction) subject to the following :-

a) the lessees have fulfiled the Minimum Occupation Period for their flat;

b) the lessees and essential occupiers must continue to stay in their HDB flat after the purchase of the private property unless prior approval from HDBis obtained to sublet the whole flat

2) Based on our records, you bought your flat on 30 Dec 2009, hence you will be allowed to invest in private property on 1 Jan 2011.

3) If you need any clarifications, please call me at 64247324.

Yours sincerely,

CHUA SIEW HONG SHARON

ESTATES OFFICER

HOUSING ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT

Edited by bepgof

Hi bepgof,

HDB reply very swee :)

I also assume your resale is without grant.

Can do me a favour, reply to HDB on the below ( bold) for clarification on what condition ?

==========================================================

Flats Bought Directly from HDB/ Open Market with CPF Housing Grant

The eligibility conditions are as follows:

The flat owners must satisfy the required occupation period for their flats before acquiring private property

The flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring private properties

However, exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy

Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

There is no need to satisfy the required occupation period for the flat before acquiring private property. However, flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring the private properties.

Exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy.

Last Updated on 27 Apr 2010

Hi bepgof,

HDB reply very swee :)

I also assume your resale is without grant.

Can do me a favour, reply to HDB on the below ( bold) for clarification on what condition ?

Flats Bought Directly from HDB/ Open Market with CPF Housing Grant

The eligibility conditions are as follows:

The flat owners must satisfy the required occupation period for their flats before acquiring private property

The flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring private properties

However, exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy

Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

There is no need to satisfy the required occupation period for the flat before acquiring private property. However, flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring the private properties.

Exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy.

Last Updated on 27 Apr 2010

Roger, a piece of cake. May I know where u get the bold sentence from? They know my conditions le: no grant, bank loan. Ask them again = doubtful on their reply. Never mind, be a silly man again loss nothing.

Edited by bepgof

You are super, the silly Sharon Chua from HDB just called me admitted she made a mistake in the earlier reply. I CAN buy NOW, chiong liao.

Congrats begpof ;)

You are super, the silly Sharon Chua from HDB just called me admitted she made a mistake in the earlier reply. I CAN buy NOW, chiong liao.

so, we don't need to wait for the MOP.

Ya :good:

so, we don't need to wait for the MOP.

Ya :good:

Kena spoilt by too many choice, don't know what/where/timing to pick, can anybody enlighten me with followings conditions:

Spare cash available: 350k

Combined cpf OA (satisfied MSS): 129K

still owe bankload: 80k

Get a

1. L99, resale, 2beder, rent out? Full or half facillities.

2. FH, New, top within 1 year, 2 beder, rent out?

3. L99, new, top 2014/2015, 2 beder

4. FH, resale, 2 beder, rent out?

5. FH, new, top 2014/2015, 2-3beder penthhouse

Rental yield + appreciation seem attractive. Now right timing to strike?

Edited by bepgof

If looking at rental, can consider L99 as the investment is lower and as such rental yield is good. Most properties near transportation are L99, so more choices available.

For penthouse, get the real ones. There are many today that passed off the odd-shape roof attic or loft units as penthouse. If the roof starts to leak, you will be the one with first hand experience.

Be it for rental or self-stay, location is important. It has to be in a neighbourhood that you will enjoy staying in yourself. This will ensure no lack of buyers (or tenants) when its time for you to realise your investment.

There's never a right or wrong timing. Much depends on individual's time horizon. Looking at historical charts there are always record breaking prices even if it does dip now and then. Stronger and longer holding power is required for property investment (say for example in the event rental yield is lesser than monthly mortgage) as property investment is less liquid as compared to securities.