Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Decosta

Species Furniture

We bought a set of leather furniture from species furniture in feb 09, they

told us it was leather furniture n it cost us $2400 for a 4 seater. Two

months ago the leather starts to crack n peel for both set. I have

pictures to proof it. Usage is low as there r only 3 pax at home.

We called them to see what we can do but without the invoice number they refuse to do

anything. The lady at the service centre told us to do uphostery work.

Will it help?

Our previous lorenzo leather furniture served us well for 10yrs.

What can we do?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Real Leather do not peel, they will only cracked after some time.

This is a common problem with the sofa sold in these furniture shop cause they are all mass imported furniture where they aim to produce it at the lowest cost using lousy material.(So your furniture is not a leather product)

Feel free to contact the below upholstery company, they are specialize in upholstery and will give u some advice. :P

http://www.insing.com/business/shopping-re...Kio/id-c6450200

Hey everyone,

bewarned!! I am newbie in this as its my first furniture purchase. I would advice against going to species home furnishing.Their sales staff are very pushy and rude. The one who serviced me is candice aw(欧思伶).She is very persuasive and experienced talker. At first, i'm won over by their furniture design and her glib talking. I placed a deposit and later found that its too late for regrets.

Those sales person from species like to talk bad about their competitors,from what i observed. After talking bad about their competitors,they will promote their own furnitures. this is when they will try to win you over by their sweet talk. They will say that now the furniture is on promotion for a limited period only, if you don't buy now you may miss it. They are good at playing psychology, don't trust them, its just their sales tactic. Then they will ask you to put a deposit. If you change your mind later, they can still keep your deposit.

Their warranty terms are the worse among all the other competitors.I asked what if the leather has manufacturer defect on it? Candice aw(欧思伶)replied that there's no warranty on the leather. She said that if i fail to detect any defects upon delivery,than its not their problem already.Their warranty on mechanism is only one year as compared to two/three years(their competitors).

What made me mad is that when i told her this is the hardest decision in my life to make(jesting only), their sales person replied me:"you're the type of buyer that i never ever came across too". When i'm pondering whether to buy the sofa,another sales staff can ask me stupid question like why am i looking at the furniture.

Takecare.

Edited by relaxman

We bought a set of leather furniture from species furniture in feb 09, they

told us it was leather furniture n it cost us $2400 for a 4 seater. Two

months ago the leather starts to crack n peel for both set. I have

pictures to proof it. Usage is low as there r only 3 pax at home.

We called them to see what we can do but without the invoice number they refuse to do

anything. The lady at the service centre told us to do uphostery work.

Will it help?

Our previous lorenzo leather furniture served us well for 10yrs.

What can we do?

This sounds pretty much like what I have experienced. Peeling and discolorisation. This is totally unacceptable! These bogus furniture shops should be taught a lesson.

A pity you do not have the sales invoice anymore, otherwise you could file a claim against them at SCT. I did just that and have obtained 2 favourable orders and now just waiting for the deadline to pass. If they don't return me the cost of the sofa, I will go on to file a Writ.

i have a bad experience with species too. first of all, the delivery is giving me a big headache!!

1. arranged the delivery to be on monday (stupid shop, they never do delivery on a sat!!). but by sat they still never call up and confirm the timing. i had to give them a call and asked. in the end, the lady said - sorry we can't deliver the sofa to you on monday, due to delivery van sent for service. however i can deliver the coffee table to u first. hey come on, i need to trouble my mum to stand by and wait for the furniture, does that mean she has to go down twice?? i insisted NO. then the lady said - just try to give in, in the end you happy i happy then everyone happy. well i never say im HAPPY!! after a firm NO and ding dong here and there, finally she called up and said okie, delivery by monday.

2. monday came..and do you know stupid species delivery works?? me as the customer still hv to call them up on monday to confirm on the timing!!!!!! and the lady said: oops sorry, i check for you now. is a busy day for us, so might hv missed out...wah piangz..what is this??? called her at 10am, returned call at 10.15am and told me the delivery man will be there at 11am!!!???? what is this?????? is she expecting us to be at home whole day????? already told her i need to arrange someone to be at home!!!!! so no choice, mum rushed down but delivery was early, they are there at abt 10.45am. luckily mum is able to reach there within such a short time and open the door.

3. another shock - the delivery man said - oh im only delivering the coffee table, your sofa, im not sure, maybe someone else. i was like huh????????? what rubbish again???? fed up, called them up and checked. then the lady told me - oh sorry, coffee table will be delivered at 11am but let me check for u on the sofa. im getting super pissed now. what kind of arrangement they have????? called me back and said - delivery for the sofa will be at 12 noon. i told her u better make sure it comes at noon time.

4. coffee table another problem - a lot of uneven surface! and when called up to complain, she said got to call up supplier directly. what is this???? im buying from you, u should help me to settle..now has become my job to settle with your supplier?????? few days later called back and said this week, there will have new stocks and we can ask for an exchange. direct from supplier should be okie. meaning what?? the one i hv right now in my house is from warehouse? or those rejected goods from other customers???????? and she stupidly can tell me - oh if you like the one show in the show room so much, i can arrange to exchange for u. come on, im not paying peanuts for the coffee table, y do i need to get a coffee table from the showroom??

their furniture price is considered the highest but the service and quality sucks. im paying about 2.4k for both coffee table and sofa and this is the kind of stress and furniture i'm getting!! i would expect good quality and good service from the high price that im paying. a lot of my friends commented that the sofa is on the high side...if im getting good service, i don't mind paying, but with such service, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM ANYMORE. and yes, their sales ppl are super pushy! what's done cannot be undone, lesson learnt - never ever go to SPECIES!!