Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
liuhao

How To Clean Indoor Aircon Split Unit Blower?

mine is a Mitsubishi starmax. i found the blower gets dirty easily after sometime and it's pretty hard to clean it. starmax does have the so called easy-clean but it only expose a little bit more space for the bottom air outlet. still very hard to access the blower itself. i used a brush but it's not very effective because the blower has many small gaps and fins. of course the best way is to dissemble and remove the blower to clean but i dont know how to do that.

anyone here can help? thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm also using the Mitsubishi Starmax and the fins are easy to remove.

I have the same problem, I need to clean the blower THOROUGHLY. If only I can dismantle everything and wash the blower with soap.

Any ideas?

I'm also using the Mitsubishi Starmax and the fins are easy to remove.

I have the same problem, I need to clean the blower THOROUGHLY. If only I can dismantle everything and wash the blower with soap.

Any ideas?

Is there a tool or a brush that can help clean the blower efficiently?

mine is a Mitsubishi starmax. i found the blower gets dirty easily after sometime and it's pretty hard to clean it. starmax does have the so called easy-clean but it only expose a little bit more space for the bottom air outlet. still very hard to access the blower itself. i used a brush but it's not very effective because the blower has many small gaps and fins. of course the best way is to dissemble and remove the blower to clean but i dont know how to do that.

anyone here can help? thanks.

I dun have any issue cleaning my mum's starmex. if u want to do dry cleaning,

1. Prepare a vacuum cleaner, a painting brush (20mm or 40mm) will do the job.

2. After removing the fin, use the painting brush to clean the dust out of the blower.

3. While doing that use the vacuum cleaner to suck the dust from the blower. That's the dry way.

If you think it's not clean enough you can go for wet cleaning. For wet cleaning, either use steam cleaner or concaire cleaner.

1. See the concaire website for more info. http://concaire.blogspot.com/

2. Need to prepare a big plastic bag to contain the dirty water from aircon.

I actually tried both way, steam cleaner and concaire cleaner. Alas i prefer using steam clean coz it is cheaper and no chemical smell after cleaning.

Furthermore it is a one time investment for many years. I chose Karcher steam cleaner as it is more reputable.

1. you can clean not only the blower, it could be use for the coil also.

2. recently then i discovered that you can even drip few drop of essential oil in the water. Eg.tea tree oil. Helps in adult or children with sinus problem.

3. You can even clean it weekly whenever u have the time.

** In my opinion it would be cleaner if u do the dry cleaning step follow by wet cleaning.

Edited by alan26

I dun have any issue cleaning my mum's starmex. if u want to do dry cleaning,

1. Prepare a vacuum cleaner, a painting brush (20mm or 40mm) will do the job.

2. After removing the fin, use the painting brush to clean the dust out of the blower.

3. While doing that use the vacuum cleaner to suck the dust from the blower. That's the dry way.

If you think it's not clean enough you can go for wet cleaning. For wet cleaning, either use steam cleaner or concaire cleaner.

1. See the concaire website for more info. http://concaire.blogspot.com/

2. Need to prepare a big plastic bag to contain the dirty water from aircon.

I actually tried both way, steam cleaner and concaire cleaner. Alas i prefer using steam clean coz it is cheaper and no chemical smell after cleaning.

Furthermore it is a one time investment for many years. I chose Karcher steam cleaner as it is more reputable.

1. you can clean not only the blower, it could be use for the coil also.

2. recently then i discovered that you can even drip few drop of essential oil in the water. Eg.tea tree oil. Helps in adult or children with sinus problem.

3. You can even clean it weekly whenever u have the time.

** In my opinion it would be cleaner if u do the dry cleaning step follow by wet cleaning.

Thanks a lot! finally an idea!

I'm thinking of using the Steam cleaner method.

Which model did you get? http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/Steam_cleaners.htm

And where did you purchase it? Roughly how much?

Thanks a lot! finally an idea!

I'm thinking of using the Steam cleaner method.

Which model did you get? http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/Steam_cleaners.htm

And where did you purchase it? Roughly how much?

currently i'm using the Karcher SC952, bought it around $60+ at Homefix. But i feel that the pressure is not strong enough. another karcher model

SC 1122 is having a much higher pressure rating. maybe u can opt for that if u have higher budget if not u can try the SC 952.

But a point to take note: remember to cover the electrical wiring with newspaper so that the water won't short circuit the system. Pull out the aircon plug or switch off the isolator of your aircon before maintenance.

Hi Mankul, if u ever decide to dismantle your starmex for cleaning, let me know & will see if I can help during the dismantling. I observed the technician doing it & it doesnt look that all difficult & basically is knowing where the catch is. It is much easier to clean the blower removed. U can contact me at 91554820. Rdgs