Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Spikey

Full Scale Reno Works In A Condo

I recently purchased a 'resale' condo and will be getting the keys in Dec. Already obtained the floor plans from BCA so that I can headhunt for a ID. Does anyone know what are the peculiar aspects of renovating in a condo e.g. noise, reno hours, security (workers) and how long will a full scale reno take? 1.5 mths more than enough time?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi,

i'm in the midst of renovating my condo. for my side, working hours is 9am to 5pm. and between 12pm to 1pm cannot work. it's slightly over 2 months since the start of my reno. it's almost complete overhaul for me. only keep hall/dining flooring.

but i was told by my builder friend that work of this scale takes about 6 weeks only and my contractor is slow.

hope this helps!

hi,

i'm in the midst of renovating my condo. for my side, working hours is 9am to 5pm. and between 12pm to 1pm cannot work. it's slightly over 2 months since the start of my reno. it's almost complete overhaul for me. only keep hall/dining flooring.

but i was told by my builder friend that work of this scale takes about 6 weeks only and my contractor is slow.

hope this helps!

hi merydith (fellow raindance rainshowerhead!)

did u need to talk to the management committee to apply for a reno permit?

Edited by Spikey

u need to apply permit from the condo MC.

As for the allow working hr is depend on individuate condo.

you need to talk to your condo management office.

i am doing my reno for my condo now. They ask for a security deposit of 2K. Initially, i thought that they will only keep the cheque and return to me when the reno is completed. But they actually bank in the cheque. Also, they give me a max of 3 months to complete the reno and i must provide a person contact number as point of contact as they will call this person if the reno workers dirty the place and did not clean up etc

you bought hansgrohe too? i haven't tested it wor.. hehe.

when you hire your ID/contractor, they will apply the reno permit for you.

I think u meant grohe for the rainbow shower head. U must update later on whether there is any difference in the 2 - hopefully the shower head works as good as it looks! I actually went and bought another one for the common toilet!

you need to talk to your condo management office.

i am doing my reno for my condo now. They ask for a security deposit of 2K. Initially, i thought that they will only keep the cheque and return to me when the reno is completed. But they actually bank in the cheque. Also, they give me a max of 3 months to complete the reno and i must provide a person contact number as point of contact as they will call this person if the reno workers dirty the place and did not clean up etc

is this 2k kept permanently or used to later your monthly conservancy?

is this 2k kept permanently or used to later your monthly conservancy?

it'll be returned according to the management guidelines. this 2k deposit is to ensure that your reno conforms to their rules and regulations such as uniform window grilles, no illegal aircon trunking outside the unit etc.

it'll be returned according to the management guidelines. this 2k deposit is to ensure that your reno conforms to their rules and regulations such as uniform window grilles, no illegal aircon trunking outside the unit etc.

also include damages from the contractor.

Like, damage common area, etc...

Hi I also did almost 90% overhaul for my condo.

Retain the Marble flooring in living room. My Mgmt require us to

put $1k for the reno deposit but they din bank in the cheque. They will only deduct off if they dun clear

the debris or cause any noise pollution on wkends.

No hacking is allowed on sat. No machine drilling

u can in fact get a Copy of the rules frm Mgmt office

my reno takes abt 8wks.

Hope above helps.

Hi I also did almost 90% overhaul for my condo.

Retain the Marble flooring in living room. My Mgmt require us to

put $1k for the reno deposit but they din bank in the cheque. They will only deduct off if they dun clear

the debris or cause any noise pollution on wkends.

No hacking is allowed on sat. No machine drilling

u can in fact get a Copy of the rules frm Mgmt office

my reno takes abt 8wks.

Hope above helps.

Got pay daily "rental" fee for protective cushion installed within lift? Some floorings need you to put carpet or plywood sheet.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Hi everyone,

I have also just purchased a resale condo but will be doing the kitchen and wardrobe only.... My condo mgt requires us to write in formally to request for a permit and to pay a reno deposit too....

Anyone can recommend a reasonable and reliable contractor? Some turned me down flatly, maybe my reno is a small scale one.... Thanks!

Hi Hi everyone,

I have also just purchased a resale condo but will be doing the kitchen and wardrobe only.... My condo mgt requires us to write in formally to request for a permit and to pay a reno deposit too....

Anyone can recommend a reasonable and reliable contractor? Some turned me down flatly, maybe my reno is a small scale one.... Thanks!

I can recommend you my contractor. I did not engaged the services of an ID company so I got different contractors for different things. This particular contractor of mine, I am impressed with him so far. I feel comfortable with his services and most importantly, he is responsive and arrange for his workers to start the reno swiftly and promptly. PM me if u are interested

Got pay daily "rental" fee for protective cushion installed within lift? Some floorings need you to put carpet or plywood sheet.

There is no daily rental fee for the cushions charged by my mgmt..

My reno quote comes with the providing of the protective sheet for the lift. Think no issue with that...