Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
4d_striker

Height Of Dish Rack

Can any expert please advise if there is such a thing as "standard height" for dish rack?

I had a shock when I saw the height of my dish rack. It's way too high for me and I have to tiptoe in order to reach the plates. My ID said that he follows the standard height which is 2ft above solid surface and if I want the dish rack to be lower than the standard, I should have indicated to him earlier. Now he wants to charge me $300 if I want the dish rack to be redone.

dishrack.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Can any expert please advise if there is such a thing as "standard height" for dish rack?

I had a shock when I saw the height of my dish rack. It's way too high for me and I have to tiptoe in order to reach the plates. My ID said that he follows the standard height which is 2ft above solid surface and if I want the dish rack to be lower than the standard, I should have indicated to him earlier. Now he wants to charge me $300 if I want the dish rack to be redone.

dishrack.jpg

Hi, the standard height is 54" from floor to bottom of top cabinet (dish rack) 60" for top cabinet.

I think your carpenter or ID made some mistake on that part

Best Regards

Philzero

Edited by philzero

Hi Philzero

Thanks for your fast input. I came back and measure the height of dish rack in my current flat and it's 54" from floor! My ID finally agreed to rectify without cost to me on condition that it's minimal work involve.

Edited by 4d_striker

I think your ID is being silly, since they are doing up the cabinets for you anyway, it should be mounted at the height comfortable for you or your family.

If he uses the standard way of measurement, what is the use of getting them to do up kitchen cabinets?

He re-did the rack and it's so much nicer now at my desired height :)

4d_striker, I am also facing the dish rack too high problem.

Can you show me what your ID did? My ID cannot solve it for me!

Please help!!!

Edited by ayeo99

Dish rack cabinet should always be at least 4 inches down from the top cabinet.  But not too low or it will hit your head or those with industrial taps cannot be installed.

Look at what my contractor did as shown.  He also streamlined the LED under the dishrack with a light palmet and with his  original abstract art glass, wow ... so beautiful!  No IDs can do this locally and I have checked.  All my friends and relatives loved this.  Overall, I renovated my kitchen and I am very pleased.

20181006_152719.jpg

20181006_152959.jpg

• Like 1