Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ayukoh

Laminate Flooring - Berry Floor?

I too have bought from Neon the Berry floor around 3mths back. So far Kelvin has been quite friendly & helpful. Saw them again at the last expo wow they have increased the price.

Will be installing in next week. From this forum there are good & bad reviews.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just had my flooring done last week. Wanted to give it some "RUN IN" before commenting.

Basically, I would say that I'm satisfied with the overall quality and workmanship. Workers are a bit fierce but guess it quite normal as long as workmanship is good is ok.

Color recommended matches quite well with my furniture also.

Verdict : PASS

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I too have bought from Neon the Berry floor around 3mths back. So far Kelvin has been quite friendly & helpful. Saw them again at the last expo wow they have increased the price.

Will be installing in next week. From this forum there are good & bad reviews.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi All :)

Finally our Berry Floor is installed. We got it from Neon Creative, and we must say that we are satisfied with the result. Just wanna share our experience with Berry Floor from Neon. WE checked the goods before they installed them, and we could see the "MADE IN BELGIUM" and the date of production prints on each and every plank. We are happy that they looked authentic to us, and we believe in Berry Floor, as it's actually quite famous in Europe. The only thing is the skirting that they use isn't from Berry, but they use other product, we didn't mind though. They did a good job in installing the laminate.

Not suggesting anything here, just sharing our encounter with Berry Floor from Neon. Because at the end of the day you'll have to make the best decision to your own opinion, just follow your heart. You don't have good feeling on one product? then just walk away, choose something else. Make sure you do your homework, do some research before deciding to spend your money on something.

Neon also supplied and installed 1 wall panel for our bathroom which is waterproof and quite nice. Something different from just wall tiles.

Overall, we are a satisfied customer :)

Cheers and good luck to you all on your renovation :)

Today, months after placing my order with Neon, someone finally called me!

Maybe someone from their company is reading this forum. That's why.

3/4 months ago I emailed to the staff - Sophie who took my order during the home fair at expo.

checking about the 2 free 3D design they promised. But no reply from her since June 2010.

I actually wanted to cancel and take back my $300 deposit because am starting to question their reputation and customer service, but that today this Kelvin said he WILL NOT REFUND my deposit. He quoted the "dates" his staff had called me but I have never spoken to any of them. So, meaning they called, regardlessly whether they managed to speak to their customers. And they only call once a month!

Kelvin promised to deliver the 3D design by Monday. Shall see if this will be fulfilled.

However, looks like I am stuck with the deposit. Not sure if I should forfeit the $300?

Any sound advice? Should I forfeit or throw more $$$ to them?

I cannot think now :(

Hi All :)

Finally our Berry Floor is installed. We got it from Neon Creative, and we must say that we are satisfied with the result. Just wanna share our experience with Berry Floor from Neon. WE checked the goods before they installed them, and we could see the "MADE IN BELGIUM" and the date of production prints on each and every plank. We are happy that they looked authentic to us, and we believe in Berry Floor, as it's actually quite famous in Europe. The only thing is the skirting that they use isn't from Berry, but they use other product, we didn't mind though. They did a good job in installing the laminate.

Not suggesting anything here, just sharing our encounter with Berry Floor from Neon. Because at the end of the day you'll have to make the best decision to your own opinion, just follow your heart. You don't have good feeling on one product? then just walk away, choose something else. Make sure you do your homework, do some research before deciding to spend your money on something.

Neon also supplied and installed 1 wall panel for our bathroom which is waterproof and quite nice. Something different from just wall tiles.

Overall, we are a satisfied customer :)

Cheers and good luck to you all on your renovation :)

My advise is to AVOID getting Berry Laminate from Neon Concept. If you want, you can get it from the other authorised importer cause Neon is not the only company to bring in Berry in SG

I visited Expo to check out on the Interior Fair few mths back. Saw them demonstrating by hammering,scratching and setting fire on the laminate. Quite convincing since they are the only one laminate floor company doing demonstration thus I decided to give them a chance to explain and do quotation (my bad, i forgotten laminate are all supposed to be fire resistant). Seeing the quotation they gave me is quite reasonable though its on the higher side for laminate floor for current market and also since the laminate is direct from belgium, I paid a deposit with them to get the Berry AC4 laminate.

They told me that the laminate is supposed to be $7 plus psf and the show price they are selling $4.90 psf (inc profile and installation). One week later, I wanted to proof their claim on their lower selling price, I called up another authorised dealer to check and they are only selling at $4.50 psf (normal price havent give discount yet)

Another problem, I wanted to get from them a sample for the laminate that i be getting and I had to chased them for so long. In the end I still couldnt manage to get any sample from them. Then they told me they dont have sample one. which company does not have sample for their products?

Then at the show, they quoted me for 480sf. when they come down to do measurement, they measured the area to be 580sf. 100sf more means a difference of maybe $500 more? How on earth can they do calculation base on floor plan and the difference is 100 sf more?? The invoice clearly stated the areas to be covered some more. Then i realised it could be a sale tactic to get you to make deposit by quotating a cheap price and then on site ripped you off.

then I asked another company to come and do site measurement. They used laser to do measurement and quoted me 520sf (with wastage).

After considering all these, I think it is better NOT to get NEON Concept to do up my place. Really hate retailer to using such lousy tactic, quote you one thing then charge you another.

And the sale lady who took my sales really bad. Everything also she needs to check with her boss. Ask her for sample, ask her on another series pricing, ask her to come do site measurement.Everything she also need to check with the boss. >>> not in SG, I will check and get back to you when he comes back...3 weeks later, i called her then she remembered she needs to check out the pricing for me cos the other time the boss offer her a full time role in the company and shes procrastinating whether to take it up or not. Chui....**** chui

Those who still want to approach them to do up your floor. Good luck to you.

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

No offense and bias to anyone on this forum. Let's not speak bad about our competition without any concrete evidence. It does not look good at all.

Fight a fair competition.

Prospects can always go to check with CASE on the companies before they make any buying decisions.

Edited by tansn

Stop trolling lah, china stuff are just crappy. supreme? :rolleyes:

it is always good to be informed of other choices available. i would not recommend any laminate floor at all - supreme that is and the others. how many things you own do not come from china? We just can't stop denying the fact that China is now the manufacturing powerhouse. Most of the time we are just blinded by the marketing strategies but I must admit though it is not always easy to get the real answer unless one is in the industry himself. Businesses need to find all ways to shave off the extras (without compromising the product safety and quality) to lower operating costs. Who knows our furture everyday products will come from Iraq?

Back to basic floor details one has to know to proper evaluate, look at the board thinkness and its density information even if it claims made of HDF. Unfortunately, information on the later is not easily available and which is why most consumers are not able to make fair judgement but purely based on price per sq ft.

It is always true and bare in mind that you pay penuts and you get monkeys. :)

i dealt with Supreme Floors before, so far they never fade up my expectations,however must look into the details before u put on dots.... Majority laminate flooring came from China, no matter Pergo nor Berry Floors, those european brands..really come from Europe ?? really must think twice..what actually are we looking for, Brand or pricing, maybe both important, however sales after service and whether the company nor brand is reputable or not, that's the important...i get myself Tropical Hardwood from Supreme for my rooms so far never encounter any problems,however must based the how skillful and experience the installers,..

A more supreme alternative to consider for your wood flooring. Visit www.woodlandeasiflor.com

Stop trolling lah, china stuff are just crappy. supreme? :rolleyes:

I was at the Asia Pacific Furniture Fair just yesterday and happened upon Neon's booth. The demonstration on banging the floor and setting fire to it did attracted me to sit down and listen. I asked explicitly if they are the sole supplier and he said YES, and the flooring is water proof and termite proof.

As the calculation of pricing was pretty good, we wanted to proceed to place a deposit already. That's when I saw the 10% wastage charged and became uneasy about hidden costs. I asked for a detailed breakdown of all the charges and what is the final amount. That's when the sales person became really pushy, saying only a few hundred dollars difference, I can afford my house, what's that few hundred dollars, etc, etc.. In the end, we said will go back and walked around the hall a bit more. That's where we found the REAL recognized distributor of Berry!

To cut a long story short, at the end of the day we had quotes from several laminate flooring companies and Neon worked out to be the most expensive loh...

Didnt do any research and acted on impulse and paid the $300 deposit to Neon Creative today :(

. ...Keeping my fingers crossed..!

My advise is to AVOID getting Berry Laminate from Neon Concept. If you want, you can get it from the other authorised importer cause Neon is not the only company to bring in Berry in SG

I visited Expo to check out on the Interior Fair few mths back. Saw them demonstrating by hammering,scratching and setting fire on the laminate. Quite convincing since they are the only one laminate floor company doing demonstration thus I decided to give them a chance to explain and do quotation (my bad, i forgotten laminate are all supposed to be fire resistant). Seeing the quotation they gave me is quite reasonable though its on the higher side for laminate floor for current market and also since the laminate is direct from belgium, I paid a deposit with them to get the Berry AC4 laminate.

They told me that the laminate is supposed to be $7 plus psf and the show price they are selling $4.90 psf (inc profile and installation). One week later, I wanted to proof their claim on their lower selling price, I called up another authorised dealer to check and they are only selling at $4.50 psf (normal price havent give discount yet)

Another problem, I wanted to get from them a sample for the laminate that i be getting and I had to chased them for so long. In the end I still couldnt manage to get any sample from them. Then they told me they dont have sample one. which company does not have sample for their products?

Then at the show, they quoted me for 480sf. when they come down to do measurement, they measured the area to be 580sf. 100sf more means a difference of maybe $500 more? How on earth can they do calculation base on floor plan and the difference is 100 sf more?? The invoice clearly stated the areas to be covered some more. Then i realised it could be a sale tactic to get you to make deposit by quotating a cheap price and then on site ripped you off.

then I asked another company to come and do site measurement. They used laser to do measurement and quoted me 520sf (with wastage).

After considering all these, I think it is better NOT to get NEON Concept to do up my place. Really hate retailer to using such lousy tactic, quote you one thing then charge you another.

And the sale lady who took my sales really bad. Everything also she needs to check with her boss. Ask her for sample, ask her on another series pricing, ask her to come do site measurement.Everything she also need to check with the boss. >>> not in SG, I will check and get back to you when he comes back...3 weeks later, i called her then she remembered she needs to check out the pricing for me cos the other time the boss offer her a full time role in the company and shes procrastinating whether to take it up or not. Chui....**** chui

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

;) Like I said, be very wary. Don't just listen to sales talk. Visit their warehouse to see if they really have the stuff, and if you one of those who have been taken for a ride; make a complaint to CASE. For all you know, there may already be a list of complaints against that particular company.

I was at the Asia Pacific Furniture Fair just yesterday and happened upon Neon's booth. The demonstration on banging the floor and setting fire to it did attracted me to sit down and listen. I asked explicitly if they are the sole supplier and he said YES, and the flooring is water proof and termite proof.

As the calculation of pricing was pretty good, we wanted to proceed to place a deposit already. That's when I saw the 10% wastage charged and became uneasy about hidden costs. I asked for a detailed breakdown of all the charges and what is the final amount. That's when the sales person became really pushy, saying only a few hundred dollars difference, I can afford my house, what's that few hundred dollars, etc, etc.. In the end, we said will go back and walked around the hall a bit more. That's where we found the REAL recognized distributor of Berry!

To cut a long story short, at the end of the day we had quotes from several laminate flooring companies and Neon worked out to be the most expensive loh...

Edited by home_sweet_home

While flybynights and scamsters are thankfully not too common here, there is always the occassional rotten apple. So better to be safe than sorry, ask to see their stocked products. And if they are unwilling to, with excuses such as they being dealer, and not importer, than be very wary with your deposits!

Hi people,

We came across this company at Expo selling Berry Laminate Flooring and it is marketed by Neon Creative Concept. Did research on Berry (from Belgium) and it seems pretty decent and recognised worldwide. However, I cannot find any information on Neon Creative Concept (the local importer) and is quite apprehensive. Has anyone used either the product or the company and have any feedback? Looking forward to hear from all. Thanks!

ayukoh

Hi Ayukoh

We are interested to buy the laminate flooring from Neon. Did you buy from them? Any advice from your end?

Regards,

djd