Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
i-poh

Msig Travel Insurance: No Cliam To My Lost Baggage.

my crumpler baggage was stolen from a night market in taipei lately.

fortunately i bought MSIG travel insurance the day before I fly, however, I am totally denied any cliam of my lost baggage. the verdict was I left the bag unattended and it was my fault that i lost my bag.

My lost items include DSLR camera, lenses, laptop, and sunglass all in my crumpler bag. total lost about SGD 4,500.

Do you think there is anything I can do, i appeal against no claim and was rejected today, feel terrible, upset and disappointed with how MSIG insurer settle my claim. I do not think i will buy anymore products with MSIG from now on.

ANyone has same experience?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Even AIG (Chartis) does not compensate under similar situation.

http://www.chartisinsurance.com/TravelGuard_1030_229154.html

E. Baggage

Q: If my belongings are left outside on a bench while I am in a queue are they covered if stolen?

No, you did not take all reasonable care of the property and it was left unattended.

Q: If I send a suitcase back to Singapore early, will it be covered?

No, unaccompanied baggage that is not checked in with the airline you are flying with is not covered.

Q: The original article was stolen while on the trip and the replacing article was lost a few days later - is the second article also covered?

Yes, provided proof of purchase and proof of loss can be provided for both occurrences.

Q: My jewellery was stolen during an overseas trip, will it be covered?

Travel Guard will compensate up to the limit of the chosen plan for loss of jewellery whilst overseas due to robbery.

If I forget to lock the main door and house got "visitor" and lost some item.

Home insurance also don't cover.

Insurance is good only you play your part.

For TS, did you make police report @ Taipei?