Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jolin01

Air-con

Hi daikin & first.

Many thanks for taking great lengths to explain and to answer my quires.

It does brought out some considerable thoughts..

After some considerations; there are still a couple of figures which are not within my grasp;

manufacturers specs like COP for all aircon compositions;

As my current requirements are 2x 9000 BTU for 2 bedrooms and a 12000BTU.

(fyi for new A/C seekers: a general guide to calculate your BTU requirements is

length (m) x Breath (m) x 600)

And for non-inverter, it would naturally narrow down to Daikin MA56EV1-20267BTU + 2x FD25DVM + FD35DVM.

Unfortunately NEA does not have the figures for this combination;

hence I'm assuming it would come close or near of Daikin MA56EV1-20267BTU 3x FD25DVM.

Would certainly KIV the invertors should there be a sale that comes along, that justify the additional cost.

once again, thanks for the input guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just shifted to my new abode and using Mitsu Elec Inverter. As expected of an established brand, the performance is good. But its a tad nosier than my folk's Daikin Inverter unit. Performance wise, they are pretty comparable. If slight noise is an issue for you, then you may want to consider Daikin.

Just shifted to my new abode and using Mitsu Elec Inverter. As expected of an established brand, the performance is good. But its a tad nosier than my folk's Daikin Inverter unit. Performance wise, they are pretty comparable. If slight noise is an issue for you, then you may want to consider Daikin.

sotong here ... What you mean is the the compressor is a lil noisier right (i.e. that which is outside your house)? The actual unit inside the house is quiet or is that also noisy?

sotong here ... What you mean is the the compressor is a lil noisier right (i.e. that which is outside your house)? The actual unit inside the house is quiet or is that also noisy?

Not the compressor but the unit itself. Essentially its the sound generated from the cold air outlet or the fan (i think) when i turn up it to the max.

Not the compressor but the unit itself. Essentially its the sound generated from the cold air outlet or the fan (i think) when i turn up it to the max.

ya, sure cause for normal aircond if set to low fan or quiet mode it is very slient and whisper operates to blower the cold air.

if set to mid or high fan speed, i think for i cant get sleep as well.

cause i have noise sensitive.

so i choose for mitsubishi starmex MSY-GE model for the quiet at only 19dB and low fan at 21dB.

for me i nothing to comment at all.

- maybe for the SHARP compressor is not so good to support for system 3, and runs like maximum speed and generated noisy sound.

ya, sure cause for normal aircond if set to low fan or quiet mode it is very slient and whisper operates to blower the cold air.

if set to mid or high fan speed, i think for i cant get sleep as well.

cause i have noise sensitive.

so i choose for mitsubishi starmex MSY-GE model for the quiet at only 19dB and low fan at 21dB.

for me i nothing to comment at all.

- maybe for the SHARP compressor is not so good to support for system 3, and runs like maximum speed and generated noisy sound.

Hmmm...but my folks set it to high fan as well but the it generated less noise than my Mitsu Elec Inverter. Also, heard from the servicing guys that its best to set it to the max for optimum performance. If set to lower fan, issues may arise in the long run. Not sure how true is this.

Hmmm...but my folks set it to high fan as well but the it generated less noise than my Mitsu Elec Inverter. Also, heard from the servicing guys that its best to set it to the max for optimum performance. If set to lower fan, issues may arise in the long run. Not sure how true is this.

Actually for the Aircond when switch on in between 1 hrs and use maxi fan speed or powerful mode to keep the room temperature cooling down as faster.

After you going for sleep and adjust to normal lower fan.

But i don't prefer to used at maximum fan speed for the blower will suck in many dust and make the blower motor spoil easily.

If you lazy to wash your filter not only 1 month can be dusty can call for service already.

Actually for the Aircond when switch on in between 1 hrs and use maxi fan speed or powerful mode to keep the room temperature cooling down as faster.

After you going for sleep and adjust to normal lower fan.

But i don't prefer to used at maximum fan speed for the blower will suck in many dust and make the blower motor spoil easily.

If you lazy to wash your filter not only 1 month can be dusty can call for service already.

Just did a check and the filter looked okie. Checked with my folks on their daikin unit too and they mentioned that they would usually clean the filter almost quarterly.