Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Scala @ $1.2kpsf is 'not unreasonable' given that centro @ AMK MRT is going at that price. How is the rental over there? Seems v. competitive as that location is crowded with condos.

You must be a property agent. $1.2k psf for serangoon??? $800 psf perhaps. Developers just testing water to see how high they can push the prices, just like when they trying to sell The Vision in West Coast at $1250 psf. Ridiculous. People who buy it, well, are naive lor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Scala @ $1.2kpsf is 'not unreasonable' given that centro @ AMK MRT is going at that price. How is the rental over there? Seems v. competitive as that location is crowded with condos.

Suddenly $1200 psf for 99 years is reasonable.

A lot of optimism here or just plain rich folks.

Pay attention to D14, Geylang, another "black horse" turn red horse, in the process.

ok, what does black red horse mean?

aoiaoi, what other developments have caught your attention? are you looking mainly at developments beyond east coast road? or up to marine parade road, amber, st pat's side? what are your thoughts on this since you're familiar with the area. thanks!

Pay attention to D14, Geylang, another "black horse" turn red horse, in the process.

yea.... with my tight budget, guess can only buy at that area. was considering the condo near aljunied mrt, but 344 for $450000 is madness man. don't forget us, do keep us updated on any good project which is worth considering :P

Edited by estella83

Hmm actually I also went to see the showflat and their floorplans. The bedrms are very small. How come you buy huh? Why didn't consider the other project Serennia at Pulasan Rd that's gonna TOP very soon? They were selling about $1.1mil + (can bargain some more) for 3 beds 1120 sq ft and 1066 sq ft (one of them is a dual-key unit). I like their big bedrms cos can put king size bed in the mbr. Koon Seng rd is very busy, at night it can be noisy too.

By the way, i'm staying at the block behind your new place. :D

Indeed, quite small, imagine 850sqf to have 2+1S!. Showroom there quite misleading - study rm/kitchen supposed to have slding door. Concrete wall at study rm, not glass panel, kitchen with 3-1 induction cooker, no more gas-stove....Bed big or not not important to me, I can sleep anywhere.

If I want to get one with TOP soon, I'll have got a resale & rent it out already, to start $ rolling. Last yr just bought the resale hdb5rm,31yr old, 90k reno, end dec this yr then 1 yr. Few reasons to strike now at later TOP:

1. My hands itchy, cannot keep cash, always go stk mkt in/out, wife worries I one day ran into one big tiger on top of mountain and cannot come home , wants to "tie" cash down to "somewhere" to grow "fast" yet safer. She has been loving to have "F/H" experience, let her lor. Few yr back, already let her tasted L99. And she missed hdb5rm, now wants F/H. I very chiam.

2. Study TK and nearby months ago liao. Personally, I prefer home without "blockage" at L,R,F,B, especially D15, can't build tall building, max 4~6 storey, difficult to find le. TG's land is at main rd corner, got "space to breadth", no cramp feeling. Koon Seng rd is busy cos of girls' school and conjected, especially "out" to still rd. The front is west facing, got evening sun + traffic noise + facing malacca hotel, a no no to me. Serennia ?? Cannot lah, T junction, the road "Lor Nangka" head-on into the condo, ppl inside there sure "die" sooner or later, no surprise the price there "can bargain somemore" -ppl don't want to "die" mah.

3. Now, low interest, effects of 2IRS and the population on the rise, can't wait further already lah, chiong yah!

Anyway, The crab home now moved to where?

Edited by bepgof

aoiaoi, what other developments have caught your attention? are you looking mainly at developments beyond east coast road? or up to marine parade road, amber, st pat's side? what are your thoughts on this since you're familiar with the area. thanks!

I'm currently looking at D15 projects but many of the new ones are disappointing, rooms are way too small and can mostly squeeze in only a single bed in their other bedrms and the mbr is also just enough to put in a queen bed. Sad. And they are by no means cheap either. So may consider resale if the price and location is right. The Amery also looks good.

The newer mass projects in Marine Parade and Amber are expensive, Silversea, The Shore and those recently TOP One Amber, The Esta. But then they come with sea view, so I guess that justifies the price tag.

I'm also hoping to eventually shift to River Valley :D, so just using D15 as a stepping stone lah.

Black horse=nobody bids, cos cannot win

Red horse = everybody bids, "sure" win

Lately, have a few "sizable" condo built there- surprisingly super high demand. Likely GL will be develped into a 24hr spot, some more quite near to town area. Bankers now "wake up" already, more willing to lent money to buyers there, we shall see.

Edited by bepgof

You must be a property agent. $1.2k psf for serangoon??? $800 psf perhaps. Developers just testing water to see how high they can push the prices, just like when they trying to sell The Vision in West Coast at $1250 psf. Ridiculous. People who buy it, well, are naive lor.

Yes, $1.2psf, lor chuan mrt just next to it. + all are mickeymouse units, very hot, similar to Optima. Will be many flipping.

Edited by bepgof

Indeed, quite small, imagine 850sqf to have 2+1S!. Showroom there quite misleading - study rm/kitchen supposed to have slding door. Concrete wall at study rm, not glass panel, kitchen with 3-1 induction cooker, no more gas-stove....Bed big or not not important to me, I can sleep anywhere.

If I want to get one with TOP soon, I'll have got a resale & rent it out already, to start $ rolling. Last yr just bought the resale hdb5rm,31yr old, 90k reno, end dec this yr then 1 yr. Few reasons to strike now at later TOP:

1. My hands itchy, cannot keep cash, always go stk mkt in/out, wife worries I one day ran into one big tiger on top of mountain and cannot come home , wants to "tie" cash down to "somewhere" to grow "fast" yet safer. She has been loving to have "F/H" experience, let her lor. Few yr back, already let her tasted L99. And she missed hdb5rm, now wants F/H. I very chiam.

2. Study TK and nearby months ago liao. Personally, I prefer home without "blockage" at L,R,F,B, especially D15, can't build tall building, max 4~6 storey, difficult to find le. TG's land is at main rd corner, got "space to breadth", no cramp feeling. Koon Seng rd is busy cos of girls' school and conjected, especially "out" to still rd. The front is west facing, got evening sun + traffic noise + facing malacca hotel, a no no to me. Serennia ?? Cannot lah, T junction, the road "Lor Nangka" head-on into the condo, ppl inside there sure "die" sooner or later, no surprise the price there "can bargain somemore" -ppl don't want to "die" mah.

3. Now, low interest, effects of 2IRS and the population on the rise, can't wait further already lah, chiong yah!

Anyway, The crab home now moved to where?

Ah so you also very fengshui hor. It's true about the T-junction for Serennia. Last time I asked, they have about 3 or 4 units left. Every weekend the agents try to sell but I guess they have no luck. Every time tie balloons also no use. But I suppose if the unit is not facing the T junction should be ok? No? :)

Ya I agree with the 4 - 5 storey thing about D15 area. My bedrooms can see the CBD skyline (partially) and fireworks wor, so nice.

The crab is still at the coffee shop at Still Road but heard they have changed chef.

Ah so you also very fengshui hor. It's true about the T-junction for Serennia. Last time I asked, they have about 3 or 4 units left. Every weekend the agents try to sell but I guess they have no luck. Every time tie balloons also no use. But I suppose if the unit is not facing the T junction should be ok? No? :)

Ya I agree with the 4 - 5 storey thing about D15 area. My bedrooms can see the CBD skyline (partially) and fireworks wor, so nice.

The crab is still at the coffee shop at Still Road but heard they have changed chef.

Not really so "siao" abt FS, but rather interesting to reading and important to understand & apply, esp relate to human behavours. I rkee the place/surrounding many times at days & nights liao. Confirmed the 格局 is good.

Edited by bepgof

Thank for the explaination.

Booked one today, 6/512 share. 850sqf=1.03mil

F/H, 82 units, 2 blocks 5 storey, each 41 units, ground level carpark, lap pool, gsy,bbq pits.TOP ~june 2014

560sqf=722k

1247sqf ph =1.42mil

1389sqf ph=1.51mil

I like the plot of land cos at corner, not "in between", no "cramp" feeling . Behind plot are those 2~3 storey landed. There is a 6 storey malaca hotel in front. I choose corner unit, pool view near still rd, morning sun. Door-Balcony N-S facing.

Why are you copy and paste other ppl posting as yours?

Has price really risen so much in that area????

3 years back we bought sunshine regency at rambai road. 893 sq ft for $500k+. Going at around $610 psf.

Has price really risen so much in that area????

3 years back we bought sunshine regency at rambai road. 893 sq ft for $500k+. Going at around $610 psf.

As sure as the sun will rise from the east tmr.

Pictures speak thousand words. See below 2.

Sunshine Regency & The Serennia.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6673/picture001og.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2208/picture002fe.jpg

Edited by bepgof