Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Latex Mattresses

I'm hunting for full natural latex too. Any brands now to recommend since the last post coz this thread was 7 yrs ago.

European bedding, getha, bayshop, willow or woosa?

Want a reliable brand that wont sag and no VOC.

Edited by pulpy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

<a href="http://www.habitatfurnishings.com/" target="_blank">http://www.habitatfurnishings.com/</a> is a reliable site if you prefer to buy online another will be flobeds.com

hello there!

Saw your comments on mattresses and seems like you know a lot...we bought royal prince lotus mattress for $ 3K nett with bedframe. We are comfortable with the mattress but after seeing lot of comments on Lotus, I cant help but feel we have been overcharged.

wah how come my post went over to hwz anyway i know who is he and which company he comes from. Consumers and readers must open eye big big.

I'm not condemning/promoting any brands over here

Is dunlop process more lasting? hmm i dont know leh but from other people who have it for more than 5 years on the average said it did sag. How much of sagging, I don't know. For myself, I forecast, it should take a minimum of 5 years and a lifespan of about 10 years to sleep on it.

Kids jumping on the bed, hmm i dont know as well cause i doubt you will let your kid jump on your bed? im sure he/she will be cane haha

End of the day, there's only 2 process as of now for making latex mattresses, choose one of it and then see which brand you prefer

Hmmmm. By knowing who that guy is, does it makes you a Mattress Sales as well? Haha..

Will be bringing my wife to try out Transforme this weekend to see if she likes it.

wah how come my post went over to hwz anyway i know who is he and which company he comes from. Consumers and readers must open eye big big.

I'm not condemning/promoting any brands over here

Is dunlop process more lasting? hmm i dont know leh but from other people who have it for more than 5 years on the average said it did sag. How much of sagging, I don't know. For myself, I forecast, it should take a minimum of 5 years and a lifespan of about 10 years to sleep on it.

Kids jumping on the bed, hmm i dont know as well cause i doubt you will let your kid jump on your bed? im sure he/she will be cane haha

End of the day, there's only 2 process as of now for making latex mattresses, choose one of it and then see which brand you prefer

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

Ok, I'll check it out and let u know.

By the way, Dunlop Process is said to produce more durable mattresses. So, how does this compare to talalay?? Meaning can tahan kids jumping on them more? Also, you do not mind the bed sagging after 5-10 yrs?

By the way, there is someone on Hardwarezone that is posting something similar to you...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthre...602&page=16

have not bought mine. I'm thinking of checking from JB as well but give up the idea as I know the bed is very very heavy, and don't want any damage so im getting it locally. If you are checking, if you dont mind can you update me when you have the price? if the saving is dramatic, i may want to reconsider my decision.

end aug got promo ah steady i wait till then thanks for the update!

Ok, I'll check it out and let u know.

By the way, Dunlop Process is said to produce more durable mattresses. So, how does this compare to talalay?? Meaning can tahan kids jumping on them more? Also, you do not mind the bed sagging after 5-10 yrs?

Have you bought your Transforme already? I'm thinking of checking out the price if I get from JB. Might be cheaper and maybe not.

Also, the Sales guy from Getha told me that there will be an exhibition end-Aug @ Expo and more discount will be given.

(He actually recommended me to wait, nice guy)

have not bought mine. I'm thinking of checking from JB as well but give up the idea as I know the bed is very very heavy, and don't want any damage so im getting it locally. If you are checking, if you dont mind can you update me when you have the price? if the saving is dramatic, i may want to reconsider my decision.

end aug got promo ah steady i wait till then thanks for the update!

Good for you! I'm getting the transforme as well. Too bad I dont have 2K extra for Omazz or flobeds (tatalay process)

I can't comments on the sagging part but from most reviewers I seen in singaporebrides.com.my commented that it does sag between 5 - 10 years. Tatalay process is to correct the sag disadvantage, making it last beyond 15 years.

You got to read up on both process than its easier, i extracted this

Dunlop and Talalay are types of latex processing, not types of latex. The Dunlop process has been around for many decades, while Talalay is newer. Both 100% natural latex and blended latex can be made using either process.

For the Talalay process, a tiny amount of latex is poured into the mold. Air is extracted to evenly distribute the foam liquid inside the mold which creates a consistent round, open cell structure. The mattress core is flash frozen to lock the cell structure in place and to prevent the particles from settling.

For the Dunlop process, the molds are fully filled, air is not extracted, and there is no flash freezing.

The result is that Talalay processed latex is more airy, less dense / firm and lighter (though still heavy) than Dunlop processed latex.

That will explain why dunlop process will feel slightly hotter when you sleep on it. To me it is not a concern as its better than Memory foam and I have my fan and aircon. Till the day Singapore hit a temperature of 36 degree than worry

More reading here

http://www.savvyrest.com/why-savvy-rest/na...-dunlop-talalay

Have you bought your Transforme already? I'm thinking of checking out the price if I get from JB. Might be cheaper and maybe not.

Also, the Sales guy from Getha told me that there will be an exhibition end-Aug @ Expo and more discount will be given.

(He actually recommended me to wait, nice guy)

Good for you! I'm getting the transforme as well. Too bad I dont have 2K extra for Omazz or flobeds (tatalay process)

I can't comments on the sagging part but from most reviewers I seen in singaporebrides.com.my commented that it does sag between 5 - 10 years. Tatalay process is to correct the sag disadvantage, making it last beyond 15 years.

You got to read up on both process than its easier, i extracted this

Dunlop and Talalay are types of latex processing, not types of latex. The Dunlop process has been around for many decades, while Talalay is newer. Both 100% natural latex and blended latex can be made using either process.

For the Talalay process, a tiny amount of latex is poured into the mold. Air is extracted to evenly distribute the foam liquid inside the mold which creates a consistent round, open cell structure. The mattress core is flash frozen to lock the cell structure in place and to prevent the particles from settling.

For the Dunlop process, the molds are fully filled, air is not extracted, and there is no flash freezing.

The result is that Talalay processed latex is more airy, less dense / firm and lighter (though still heavy) than Dunlop processed latex.

That will explain why dunlop process will feel slightly hotter when you sleep on it. To me it is not a concern as its better than Memory foam and I have my fan and aircon. Till the day Singapore hit a temperature of 36 degree than worry

More reading here

http://www.savvyrest.com/why-savvy-rest/na...-dunlop-talalay

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

bro, yah lor omazz is a subsidiary of lotus thats why there's a combi. Thats why in my initial post, i stated if want to choose, choose either one system not a combi for best result. combi sounds like cutting corners :P

Anyway if the one selling in robinsons is actually lotus, simple mah, just take a look at the inside. See if you can see a label with "Latex International" if dont have then its a dunlop process latex not tatalay.

I just went to furniture mall today and tried the Getha Transforme Full Latex. Feels comfortable and price is also good.

However, in general the dunlop process is not as good and they will sag after 5-7 years?

bro, yah lor omazz is a subsidiary of lotus thats why there's a combi. Thats why in my initial post, i stated if want to choose, choose either one system not a combi for best result. combi sounds like cutting corners :P

Anyway if the one selling in robinsons is actually lotus, simple mah, just take a look at the inside. See if you can see a label with "Latex International" if dont have then its a dunlop process latex not tatalay.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

jclew,

have you been to omazz at park mall? i do notice that although omazz in robinson and at park mall are selling different models. Seriously the thing about tatalay latex is expensive and in order to push for sales, pocketed spring is used at the bottom then latex at the top to have the feeling. To me, no offense bro, its like taking a shortcut. To me, its very black and white, if i want latex, i go for full latex. If i can't afford tatalay, i settle with natural. if i want spring, i will look somewhere else.

Dunlopillo is okay lor. Ask yourself what you want. My recommendation as a layman is to choose either one of the system but not combination.

forgotten,

good man! I like people who are not chasing for brandings :P yah latex is very heavy. rubber mah but its good to hear after 3 yrs it is still going strong! For others, maybe can try napure as well! I'm very impress with Germans technology. I feel its better than US for most of the products I encounter.

Nope, I've not been to Park Mall, thinking of going down there one of these days. Read somewhere in other forums is that the Combi that is offered under Omazz in Robinsons is actually Lotus, since Omazz doesn't sell Latex/Spring. (U don't see that on their website)

This is making me skeptical. Also, the spring is bonnell spring system and I've read that this kinda system is cheap and outdated. Feelwise i think alright though.

So abit confused already.