Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Latex Mattresses

jclew,

have you been to omazz at park mall? i do notice that although omazz in robinson and at park mall are selling different models. Seriously the thing about tatalay latex is expensive and in order to push for sales, pocketed spring is used at the bottom then latex at the top to have the feeling. To me, no offense bro, its like taking a shortcut. To me, its very black and white, if i want latex, i go for full latex. If i can't afford tatalay, i settle with natural. if i want spring, i will look somewhere else.

Dunlopillo is okay lor. Ask yourself what you want. My recommendation as a layman is to choose either one of the system but not combination.

forgotten,

good man! I like people who are not chasing for brandings :P yah latex is very heavy. rubber mah but its good to hear after 3 yrs it is still going strong! For others, maybe can try napure as well! I'm very impress with Germans technology. I feel its better than US for most of the products I encounter.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
forgotten, good mah never sag but only 3 years i don't think it will shows any sign yet lah, what brand is that?

My one is natural latex mattress from Napure, Germany brand. I have asthma history, so we got the 100% natural latex one, which has allergen resistance. My hubby and I don't really bother about the brand, we just picked the one that we felt the most comfortable.

Con: our mattress is super heavy. It took at 3-4 movers to shift our mattress for the past 2 house movings. All the movers would curse & grumble about its weight to us LOL.

My hubby is very heavy one, some spring mattresses slanted sideway to his direction very badly until they felt very uncomfortable when we slept on them.

Edited by forgotten

dexufto, I don't know leh but from marketing perceptive, when your competitors are offering something that you don't have in your product list, the CEO will just tell the kakia "look everybody is having tataley latex, we must have also, you go and design one model to have that"

Imagine dunlopillo's CEO and king koil CEO playing golf one day, dunlopillo's CEO says "look at me, we just launch this new tatalay bed, sales volume shoot up, this year bonus confirm kao kao! So do you have this latex series where all consumers are looking for?" If king koil dont have sure **** xia suay one. So next day, he sure go back and tell the kakias better do something about it. People have, i also must have. :P

If you notice no matter which bed brand you go to, confirm have spring, pocketed spring, memory foam, latex be it dunlop or tatalay process.

All of them doesn't want to lose market share so in order to stay competitive, you have, I also must have

Side track a bit, the latest ipad as well. Do you think RIM (blackberry), microsoft, asus, etc will just sit down and let apple makan all their market share? Very soon you will see the market flooded with something similar or better than ipad. Monkey see monkey do even it is not their strength in creating it. :D

Dr.Anarchy, I'm looking for a Latex Pillow Top / Pocketed Spring and has made a deposit for Omazz Ferrell in Robinsons.

Price i got for King mattress alone is $2299.

I've tried most of the brands except for Dunlopillo. Are the Latex Pillow Top/Pocketed Spring offered byu Dunlopillo better?

Btw, the deposit is claimed to be refundable by Robinsons' staff.

divineparadise,

I seriously don really know about the comparison with those of Dunlopillo. According to the sales exec, its full latex lah..

Me being an impulse buyer, with rather limited budget, just think it is quite ok... I just say am looking for pocket spring, latex (she claimed its full latex).

After lying down for a while, think its comfy, so just buy coz I knw I can't get something similar cheaper..

This is my so call "virgin" mattress purchase for my future own home...

I googled already - confirm your model its a combi of pocketed spring (maybe first 8 inches) + 2 inches full latex topper (hence not a full latex mattress). So good for you. You get the best of both worlds! And at a good price!

Your Sleep Perfect is full-latex topper, it is a combination mattress. If its full latex mattress cannot be so cheap. I just wonder how thick is the topper? Is it better than the Dunlopillo New Duchess? Price about the same.

divineparadise,

I seriously don really know about the comparison with those of Dunlopillo. According to the sales exec, its full latex lah..

Me being an impulse buyer, with rather limited budget, just think it is quite ok... I just say am looking for pocket spring, latex (she claimed its full latex).

After lying down for a while, think its comfy, so just buy coz I knw I can't get something similar cheaper..

This is my so call "virgin" mattress purchase for my future own home...

dexufto, I don't know leh but from marketing perceptive, when your competitors are offering something that you don't have in your product list, the CEO will just tell the kakia "look everybody is having tataley latex, we must have also, you go and design one model to have that"

Imagine dunlopillo's CEO and king koil CEO playing golf one day, dunlopillo's CEO says "look at me, we just launch this new tatalay bed, sales volume shoot up, this year bonus confirm kao kao! So do you have this latex series where all consumers are looking for?" If king koil dont have sure **** xia suay one. So next day, he sure go back and tell the kakias better do something about it. People have, i also must have. :P

If you notice no matter which bed brand you go to, confirm have spring, pocketed spring, memory foam, latex be it dunlop or tatalay process.

All of them doesn't want to lose market share so in order to stay competitive, you have, I also must have

Side track a bit, the latest ipad as well. Do you think RIM (blackberry), microsoft, asus, etc will just sit down and let apple makan all their market share? Very soon you will see the market flooded with something similar or better than ipad. Monkey see monkey do even it is not their strength in creating it. :D

Anyone went to Kingg Koil sale? Till today 2nd August...

Grab myself a Sleep Perfect Super full-latex, pocketed spring 10" queen...

So any comment on that? Kindly advise.. thanks in advance

Your Sleep Perfect is full-latex topper, it is a combination mattress. If its full latex mattress cannot be so cheap. I just wonder how thick is the topper? Is it better than the Dunlopillo New Duchess? Price about the same.

Edited by divineparadise

syukur, pricing is cheap. Its worth it when it is comfortable to you. I'm not sure what kind of latex is this, looks to me it is natural latex using dunlop process.

Do take note that king koil do have tatalay process latex and it exist in their elegance, natural response series. Usually if you want tatalay process, it should cost you more than 3.5K easily.

More info here http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?did=11

Please don't quote me as I'm no bed expert just like you, im a consumer as well and choosing my bed. Just sharing what I have found out.

Syukur, I was eyeing on the same piece, it's the last mattress on the left before the table right? The queen size displayed the discounted price at $1299. Wanted to go with a storage divan that will bill up to $1.6k+

Eventually we choose Rosedale 11", displayed discounted price of $1750. With storage divan, just above $2k. :D

IMHO, this Kingkoil sale is worth considering (today's last day), been looking ard HN, courts, bedz.

cheers.

Dr.Anarchy So, why would Dunlopillo not stick to dunlop process, which started by them but obtain from tatalay process? Old technology?

If u interested or consider its cheap can go down to Sungei Kadut King Koil sale, as today is their last day.

Retail price displayed: $2k++

Discount Price: $1.2k++

Amount I paid after all discount: slightly above $1k.

How's the pricing?

syukur, pricing is cheap. Its worth it when it is comfortable to you. I'm not sure what kind of latex is this, looks to me it is natural latex using dunlop process.

Do take note that king koil do have tatalay process latex and it exist in their elegance, natural response series. Usually if you want tatalay process, it should cost you more than 3.5K easily.

More info here http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?did=11

Please don't quote me as I'm no bed expert just like you, im a consumer as well and choosing my bed. Just sharing what I have found out.

May I know how much you pay for this mattress? Thanks

If u interested or consider its cheap can go down to Sungei Kadut King Koil sale, as today is their last day.

Retail price displayed: $2k++

Discount Price: $1.2k++

Amount I paid after all discount: slightly above $1k.

How's the pricing?

May I know how much you pay for this mattress? Thanks

dexufto, if im not wrong, yours is a spring/pocketed spring + natural latex. Where does king koil get it natural latex, i dont know liao

We haven't place our order yet, as we will only move in end of dec so wait till around nov period then order lor who knows maybe newer model + lower price from getha? :D

I just want to share my research with others so for those looking for bed, they can narrow down to what material they want then work from there.

jclew, full latex. Personally (no offense to others) that i prefer just latex not a combination. If I want combination, most likely i will go for dunlopillo.

The last quote I had is about $3.2K for a king size.

forgotten, good mah never sag but only 3 years i don't think it will shows any sign yet lah, what brand is that?

dexufto, if im not wrong, yours is a spring/pocketed spring + natural latex. Where does king koil get it natural latex, i dont know liao

We haven't place our order yet, as we will only move in end of dec so wait till around nov period then order lor who knows maybe newer model + lower price from getha? :D

I just want to share my research with others so for those looking for bed, they can narrow down to what material they want then work from there.

jclew, full latex. Personally (no offense to others) that i prefer just latex not a combination. If I want combination, most likely i will go for dunlopillo.

The last quote I had is about $3.2K for a king size.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

My current mattress is full natural latex. It doesn't lag leh although we have been sleeping on it for 3 years.

Edited by forgotten