Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Latex Mattresses

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dexufto, which brand is that? natural or omazz? if its omazz most likely it will not sag

If my memory didn't fail me, it says natural latex.

It's a King Koil mattress.

Doc, you purchased Getha eventually?

Seems like you have done an extensive homework. Good on you.

Let's put brand aside. I'm focusing on material more than branding. Natural has it disadvantage as it will sag over a period of time. bobiang its natural. I will put the sag will come in after 5 years. It is also warmer and firmer due to the process of making it.

Oh dear, didn't know about latex sagging procerss. I remembered the sales person mentions that Latex wouldn't sag. :(

I am shopping for my mattress. Comparing spring, latex, memory foam. I decided to stick to latex. It feels better.

For latex there is 2 type, natural and synthetic. Oftenly salesman will pitch that synthetic is no good as it contains petrochemical to make it. Salesman who is promoting synthetic will say natural is no good as it can sag over a period of time, warmer and firmer.

There is 2 process for making a latex bed. One is known as dunlop process which started by Dunlopillo. Another is by Latex International.

Naturatex, Getha are using dunlop process.

Omazz, Dunlopillo, Sealy, Simmons, Serta are using latex international. More info here http://www.latexfoam.com/

So as a consumer how should we choose then? Base on feel and price liao lor

Getha showroom is at Furniture Mall. Bed is made from natural latex. Feeling wise is slightly firmer for the 3 layers.

Naturatex is distribute by Luxnewhouse at Sungei Kadut. Bed is made from natural latex as well. Feeling wise not as comfortable as getha. 3 layers as well and it cost more than Getha. Luxnewhouse is also the main distributor for LG Hi-Mac solid top surface.

Omazz, it is a subsidiary of lotus and it is a local brand. Latex foam is imported from USA and because of the layers, they are assemble in Thailand before coming to Singapore. 4 layers is only for Singapore market. You can't find it in the website. Feeling wise, plush and comfortable. Our first choice. But...

Let's put brand aside. I'm focusing on material more than branding. Natural has it disadvantage as it will sag over a period of time. bobiang its natural. I will put the sag will come in after 5 years. It is also warmer and firmer due to the process of making it.

As for latex international, to make it more lasting, 20 years kind, more cooling and not so firm. they have to use the tatalay process.

Myself prefer tatalay process but the price is too expensive. I did thought of importing myself from http://www.flobeds.com which allows customization like what Live to Sleep offered by Courts @ Tampines but the cost is slightly higher.

To end my shopping hunt and learning, we decided to go for Getha, save the difference in cost and change the bed in the next 5-7 years when it breakdown on me. Who don't like new furniture? We do and don't find a need to use the same bed for 20 years.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy