Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippobb

Mirror At Main Entrance Doorway

Hi

Just want to check regarding placement of mirrors at main entrance doorway... hope someone can help...

I read from the net that usually pple avoid placing a piece of half height mirror at the main entrance doorway ie when u open the main door the first thing you see is the mirror because it will reflect away the chi... and also some of my friends are telling me that putting a mirror directly infront of the main door entrance will 吓走财神and its not good...

but some of my friends are telling me that mirrors are basically good as it can block away the evils... and my FSM has also advised me to put a half height mirror at my main entrance doorway and infront of the mirror I have to place the Fu Lu Shou 福禄寿statue...

Does anybody has any advice / explanation on whether if this is good?

Thanks in advance

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Just want to check regarding placement of mirrors at main entrance doorway... hope someone can help...

I read from the net that usually pple avoid placing a piece of half height mirror at the main entrance doorway ie when u open the main door the first thing you see is the mirror because it will reflect away the chi... and also some of my friends are telling me that putting a mirror directly infront of the main door entrance will 吓走财神and its not good...

but some of my friends are telling me that mirrors are basically good as it can block away the evils... and my FSM has also advised me to put a half height mirror at my main entrance doorway and infront of the mirror I have to place the Fu Lu Shou 福禄寿statue...

Thanks in advance

Did you check with you FS master on his reasoning for such a recommendation? If you are doubtful or sceptical over such an arrangement, have you tried asking him for other alternatives? It would be good to speak to him if you have concerns over mirrors placed at main entrance doorway.

Thus far, I've come across such a layout in a couture bridal shop at Tan Yoong's located at Lucky Plaza. But the interior for his shop has nothing to do with fengshui. Another was a Malay friend's flat on the ground floor. The effect is "glaring" & somewhat undesirable during the night. Quite a number of us who visited her flat had a shock when the main door opened. The first thing we saw were ourselves & the scenery behind us, especially the trees. We also had the tendency to turn behind & look at... not sure what but it was just an urge to turn behind & look out at the scenery behind us.

In view of the above, I'm not suggesting that what your FS recommended is not advisable because I don't really know much about FS even though I have my own FS master from Taiwan.

My rectangle mirror is custom-made such that it could fit into the space above the main door to deflect bad energies. It was mounted 10 years ago. But that panel of mirror is placed on the exterior of my flat, not the interior based on your FS master's recommendation. I also read somewhere that my mirror would double up as door guardians (门神) to ward off anything evil or bad.

You really have to check with your FS why he is making such a recommendation.

Did you check with you FS master on his reasoning for such a recommendation? If you are doubtful or sceptical over such an arrangement, have you tried asking him for other alternatives? It would be good to speak to him if you have concerns over mirrors placed at main entrance doorway.

Thus far, I've come across such a layout in a couture bridal shop at Tan Yoong's located at Lucky Plaza. But the interior for his shop has nothing to do with fengshui. Another was a Malay friend's flat on the ground floor. The effect is "glaring" & somewhat undesirable during the night. Quite a number of us who visited her flat had a shock when the main door opened. The first thing we saw were ourselves & the scenery behind us, especially the trees. We also had the tendency to turn behind & look at... not sure what but it was just an urge to turn behind & look out at the scenery behind us.

In view of the above, I'm not suggesting that what your FS recommended is not advisable because I don't really know much about FS even though I have my own FS master from Taiwan.

My rectangle mirror is custom-made such that it could fit into the space above the main door to deflect bad energies. It was mounted 10 years ago. But that panel of mirror is placed on the exterior of my flat, not the interior based on your FS master's recommendation. I also read somewhere that my mirror would double up as door guardians (门神) to ward off anything evil or bad.

You really have to check with your FS why he is making such a recommendation.

Hi Thanks for the reply!

Wifey checked with FSM and according to FSM its becos the main entrance foyer area is abit small and it is abit dim... he also mentioned that if our opposite neighbour is not offended then he would advised us to put a big half height mirror...

Hi Thanks for the reply!

Wifey checked with FSM and according to FSM its becos the main entrance foyer area is abit small and it is abit dim... he also mentioned that if our opposite neighbour is not offended then he would advised us to put a big half height mirror...

I'm just curious but whose your FS master?

I'm just curious but whose your FS master?

Hi Edenstrauss,

my FSM is actually my wife's friend's dad... :) we call him Mr Teo..

Edited by hippobb

just to share....

my FSM visited us again to see how we are doing after everything has been settled in .... so I took the opportunity to ask abt the mirror at my main entrance of my door way and also asked him y some FSM says the way this is placed is no good as it blocks and reflect the flow of qi and...

_MG_4690-1.jpg

He tells me that ... this is because of the facing of our hse, our main door is a 白虎门 and because if we stand facing the main door from inside, the way the qi flows will be on the left hand side ...and by placing the half mirror there, the qi and wealth will flow in even more easily ... he then tells me if our walkway is on the right side like in our neighbour's hse directly opposite (ours is a door to door facing kind hdb flat), then this will be a big no no... also he has adviced us to put the statues of FU LU SHOU at the mirror ... this... he says is to create harmony, wealth and longevity ...

Not too sure how true this is lah ... but since we trusted our FSM... we felt at ease and peace when we hear his explanation.. probably its also partly due to human's nature lah... when we hear something we like to hear... we will feel more comfortable.. hee hee

Edited by hippobb

Hi, thanks for sharing.

R there any staircases near ur unit? As in next to it, facing it? Those are the white tiger formation and is supposedly detrimental for some people's health, but only if the occupiers/ owners' bazi are such that they are sickly, born with medical conditions (i.e. poor health).

If u trust ur FS master, then follow his instructions & implement his recommendations accordingly.

Bepgof - would u like to comment on this discussion thread?

Yes edenstrauss,

there is a staircase and a lift that serves my flat and neighbour's flat and its just next to our hse..

Is there a door to the staircase (I presume it's an emergency staircase)? Or is the staircase simply exposed?

I have an emergency staircase that serves both my unit & the neighbour staying diagonally across us (units are very near each other, abit of overlapping although we're not exactly directly opposite each other's unit). And definitely within 9 feet of each other, so both our gates were customised to tilt away from each other's unit.

But that emergency staircase comes with a wooden door where it's kept closed all the time. When I checked with my FS master 10 yrs back, he said there is no issue. The staircase is encased with walls & a door.

But one of our older neighbours who shifted to another part of pasir ris (the 100+ series), the entire family had many problems thereafter & my FS master audited the flat for them - he recommended wrapping 3 ancient coins (those with a hole in the centre) & something else (not sure what) in a red paper, and hiding it behind the plague that reflected their unit number (above their main door). There is a staircase just beside their main door.

Anyway, we heard from some old uncles & aunties staying here that the family migrated to Australia last year after the father passed away of old age.

Since your FS master recognised the "white tiger formation", and has devised a cure to it, follow his instructions & see how it works.

I noticed ur unit has a small foyer; my neighbour's place doesn't have a foyer so there is no option to mount any mirror facing the main door.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi

Thanks in advance

财神 needs not come, owner will meet 财神 in heaven.

Edited by bepgof

Bepgof - would u like to comment on this discussion thread?

Don't sabo me lah, you know I'm againt this idea - kena fright till almost meeting God in heaven by mirror placed infront of bed, during midnight in HCM hotel. Whoever open door, particularly at night with dim light, heavy makeup, messy hair and half-waken mind and look into the mirror - "soul will get sucked into the mirror" and meet God in heaven.

Edited by bepgof

Don't sabo me lah, you know I'm againt this idea - kena fright till almost meeting God in heaven by mirror placed infront of bed, during midnight in HCM hotel. Whoever open door, particularly at night with dim light, heavy makeup, messy hair and half-waken mind and look into the mirror - "soul will get sucked into the mirror" and meet God in heaven.

Paiseh... becox u're an expert in FS field so thought u might have some valuable insights to this discussion thread. :P