Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hamster06

How To Hide/conceal Bomb Shelter Door Along Corridor?

Hi all,

I've just gotten my new 4-room flat. The bomb shelter is along the corridor/walkway, besides is the common bathroom, and opposite are 2 berdrooms.

What can I do to hide the ugly door of the bomb shelter, besides doing a featured wall to cover it? Not so keen on featured walk along the corridor coz it will make the walkway more narrow.

Anyone has any idea/pics to share? Thanks a million!

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I've just gotten my new 4-room flat. The bomb shelter is along the corridor/walkway, besides is the common bathroom, and opposite are 2 berdrooms.

What can I do to hide the ugly door of the bomb shelter, besides doing a featured wall to cover it? Not so keen on featured walk along the corridor coz it will make the walkway more narrow.

Anyone has any idea/pics to share? Thanks a million!

Cheers

if possible, can try install a bigger door to cover it.

floorplan?

I tried loading the floorplan but failed... :(

It's along the corridor, with the common toilet besides it. On the other side of the corridor are 2 bedrooms. The corridor is around 1 meter wide.

Any idea what I can do besides doing a featured wall?

i've seen alot of pictures (and friends' homes) where they build a fake wall with sliding door in front of the bomb shelter. initially, i wanted to do the same. but then i realised that it was counter-productive because it drew more attention to the bomb shelter (i.e. "why is there a fake wall there?").

so for my own place, all i did was paint the wall (and bomb shelter door) a different colour. amazingly, when people to come to our home for the first time, they don't notice the bomb shelter door! they're always surprised when we later show them that there's a bomb shelter door there.

hope this helps some.

i saw this in a home & decor magazine and found it to my liking. So sharing it with u guys.

the owner customised a decal for the bomb shelter.

IMAG1051.jpg

just a poster????

just a poster????

not a poster, its a customised wall sticker.

instead of the typical "mirror" pasted to divert attention, this brings the focus to the shelter itself.

quite to my liking, i may do something similar to my door instead, as i do not have a household shelter.

:)

pls check properly as some wall deco or stickers will peel off from the door after some time... ever tot of asking someone to paint a painting over the wall? my aunt did that and she able to achieve a nice result!