Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claymarble

Peeled Off Paint

38956419994438276569748.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any one know whats the best way to patch this hole. I think the paint and the plaster peel off revealing the concrete wall. I heard people talking about plaster, sealant or putty. Not sure what to use. To make things worse, the surface is rock wall effect. Any way to damage control?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
38956419994438276569748.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any one know whats the best way to patch this hole. I think the paint and the plaster peel off revealing the concrete wall. I heard people talking about plaster, sealant or putty. Not sure what to use. To make things worse, the surface is rock wall effect. Any way to damage control?

have to patch up with plaster, so that the surface will be even. After plaster then can paint over it. However if you just paint over it without plaster, the hole will still be there.

Quite easy to do, you just need the right tools.

1. Go paint selling shop, get a little plastic can of plaster (white, not brown) abt $5.

2. Get a wet clother, apply some water onto the wall, wait for a minute or 2, apply plaster.

3. Before plaster complete dry, get a cloth with similar textile of the rock wall, or get a wire mesh, press the cloth or wirmess with a block of wood or book or whatever as you deem fit.

4. Paint the whole wall, not just "that portion" - emulsion paint, though same code, has different color tone after exposing to air.

5. Good luck.

Edited by bepgof

Hey guys, I've something similiar on my wall and when i just tugged a small part of my wall that is peeling, a good portion of the paint easily detached itself from the wall.....

Should I just rip off the entire thing? Also, if i rip if off, the concrete beneath is exposed. What should be my base layer? Primer? Plaster? Sealant?

Hi,

The picture says this can be the rising damp in your house. Rising damp is the problem in which the water rises up the wall causing the walls to become damp. The water gets evaporated and the salts present in the water affects the walls and the paint began to fall or sometimes, plaster may fall from the wall. It can result in the growth of moulds which affects the health and the property very badly. You need to treat this problem. You just have to search the source of water that is causing this problem and can treat that fault. If you are confused, you can hire a professional, as they will check the whole scenario and will give the best advice.