Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eric75tan

Philips Sound Bar

it's possible that some players are not that 100% compatible when playing on cheong dvds or dvds that is not mastered to the standard specifications. commercially available pressed dvds are strictly compliant to the standards while some other dvds are quite loose and lax in the authoring/mastering, so depending on how forgiving the player is, some dvds play nicely on some players while another simply refuse to play and spit out the disc.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got a philips HTS8140. Reason is because its neat and nice looking. My living room isn't that big so i think sound wise, it provide just the right power required. No problem with playing cheong dvd though.

Hi All,

Anyone care to share the sound of HTS8141 / HTS6120 Soundbar in your house ?

I should be getting HTS 6120..cos of budget...

but would like to hear ur experiences...

:)

it's possible that some players are not that 100% compatible when playing on cheong dvds or dvds that is not mastered to the standard specifications. commercially available pressed dvds are strictly compliant to the standards while some other dvds are quite loose and lax in the authoring/mastering, so depending on how forgiving the player is, some dvds play nicely on some players while another simply refuse to play and spit out the disc.

yah, last time my living room sony cannot play those cheong dvds but my other room 'kingston' brand can play it smoothly...

but now after watching blueray on my ps3, dont want to watch dvds liao.

Hi All,

Anyone care to share the sound of HTS8141 / HTS6120 Soundbar in your house ?

I should be getting HTS 6120..cos of budget...

but would like to hear ur experiences...

:)

i bought a 8141 n in my pov, the sound is great, i've a high ceiling so sound travels..

i bought a 8141 n in my pov, the sound is great, i've a high ceiling so sound travels..

Initially I was about to purchase the Philips HTS6120 at the price of $799/- but at Gain City the HTS8141 was on special offer at S$999/- with $200 cash voucher from Philips so I bought the HTS8141. The sound was excellent more than enough for my living room and without those messy wires around.

Just one thing that the sound from HTS8141 DVD player was not as good and loud as compare to my Panasonic DVD-Ram Recorder. Other than that everything is fine.

Hi Brothers,

I need some advise on setting up the Philips HTS8141:

I have setup in this following manner and wonder is there any better way to set it up for better picture and sound:

I have the following equipments:

- HTS8141 Soundbar System

- JVC 37" HD Ready TV (2007 model) with only 1 HDMI input

- Cable Box - Hubstation HD

- Panasonic DVD-Ram Recorder

The Setup:

HTS8141 - connect hdmi cable to JVC TV, connect audio-in (red & white cable) to JVC TV audio-out

Starhub Cable Box - connect Component cable and composite cable to JVC TV

Panasonic DVD recorder - connect component cable to JVC TV

Note: the HDMI cable provided is 1.3 and I wonder my 3 yrs old TV is suitable to use 1.3 or to use the 1.1 cable? Should I connect the HDMI from the hubstation to TV or soundbar to TV; which is better?

Any advise is very much appreciated, and thanking you in advance.

Regards from Andy.

Edited by andy0110

I got HTS5120 during the last Philips staff sales... Using it at my MBR where there is not much space... Of course soundbar cannot compare with a full 5.1 but it is neat and produce acceptable quality... HTS5120 come with wireless subwoofer...

I got HTS5120 during the last Philips staff sales... Using it at my MBR where there is not much space... Of course soundbar cannot compare with a full 5.1 but it is neat and produce acceptable quality... HTS5120 come with wireless subwoofer...

How much was your soundbar?

I bought a HTS6120 from Courts at the start of the year for $849. Seldom used. But like all forumers say, it looks neater without all the wiring. Anyway, if we stay in HDB flats, how loud can you turn on? Unless you got a personal entertainment room just for listening to music.

I bought a HTS6120 from Courts at the start of the year for $849. Seldom used. But like all forumers say, it looks neater without all the wiring. Anyway, if we stay in HDB flats, how loud can you turn on? Unless you got a personal entertainment room just for listening to music.

Any louder the soundbar will emit noise. I have made extensive postings on the inefficiencies of a soundbar.

Look it up.

cheers