Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lindavw

Remote Control Lightings

Any findings from JB trip?

jb trip only found the small matchbox but selling at 58rm. the fellow who served me told me they used to sell remote with switches but seem to have alot of problems so they stopped selling.

think will go for the small matchbox thingy.

anyway hooted 1 alpha ceiling fan VS5 with remote and 3 lights kit. RM475.

Got those 32w rd lights at 66rm each and E27 decorated light holders at 29rm each. All inclusive of philips tube and tornado bulbs.

light switch cfm sgp is cheaper than inside. was recommended R&J brand. similar to Mallia legrand but due to no stock i din buy cos wasnt too sure on the price too.

Was a fruitful day. bought SS kitchen sink as well as taps and bathrm accessories.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Found the item.

1 gang IR switch is 27 bux. but make quality is from China so not that ideal.

There is a small Matchbox that controls light only is 25bux. but the catch is if it goes kapu... u are stuck with no lights. no bypass to switch on the light.

This is the difference btw the 2 items.

Later going to JB to recce for other possible options.

Will update.

The Urbantec brand is from this site. http://ai-m.net/

As for the Nasonik, I found this selling in those HDB best value bargain stores which sells alot of misc stuffs. You may try Bendeemeer mall as I saw these selling there.

Not sure why u are stating battery life as a consideration for IR unit...I am using a RF type for 2 years & has not replace the batteries in the remote since then.

FYI,

IR remote can use AA batt.

RF must use 12V A23 small type which defeats the purpose of having readily avaliable batt.

Ok good. I will go Bendemeer take a look.

Bendemeer mall as in Blk 34 surroundings?

The Urbantec brand is from this site. http://ai-m.net/

As for the Nasonik, I found this selling in those HDB best value bargain stores which sells alot of misc stuffs. You may try Bendeemeer mall as I saw these selling there.

Not sure why u are stating battery life as a consideration for IR unit...I am using a RF type for 2 years & has not replace the batteries in the remote since then.

Edited by devion23

Saw cheaper brands like Nasonik which is selling at $30 for a 2 way IR unit. A 4 way RF unit at $32...not sure of their reliability though.

The JDO model is selling at $90 for 3 way IR unit in Sim Lim tower. Prices should be able to further reduced. They all have some max load capacity on each switch. Urbantec cost is $60 fo 3 way IR unit.

So far am using a brand bought from China & works pretty well for me for past 2 years.

Can you enlighten me where did you come across these brands?

I agree JDO could be the most Ex.

Im more keen on IR not RF as the batteries used play a part too.

Saw cheaper brands like Nasonik which is selling at $30 for a 2 way IR unit. A 4 way RF unit at $32...not sure of their reliability though.

The JDO model is selling at $90 for 3 way IR unit in Sim Lim tower. Prices should be able to further reduced. They all have some max load capacity on each switch. Urbantec cost is $60 fo 3 way IR unit.

So far am using a brand bought from China & works pretty well for me for past 2 years.

Am also interested in getting a remote control lighting switch but the electrician advise against it, citing it will spoil in less than a year....he has many experiences with the China models. I am not going for a full automation to the house but only ability to control the lights using remote controls.

Found 2 local brands.....anybody had tried them before?

http://ai-m.net/

http://www.jdolabs.com/

Edited by devion23

Anyone knows if there is any shop in sg or Msia selling ceiling light with remote?

Using remote to control the light to on or off.

Thanks.

See this, one of the many option. I saw once in Sim lim Square selling this product too. It can be a bit costly.

SmartHouse

Anyone knows if there is any shop in sg or Msia selling ceiling light with remote?

Using remote to control the light to on or off.

Thanks.