Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Beware Of Fake S$50 Notes

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/08/15/be...fake-s50-notes/

Six hawkers have fallen prey to fake S$50 notes surfacing in Boon Lay Market and Food Centre.

The hawkers, who sell drinks, food and vegetables at blocks 221, 221A and 221B have lost S$300 as a result of the fake notes.

According to the hawkers, the culprits will turn up alone when they are busy serving customers at their stalls.

Some people Yahoo! Singapore spoke to were shocked that fake notes have surfaced here.

Said customer service officer Cris Sim, 26, “I can’t remember when was the last time such a case was reported in Singapore, but at the same time, I believe some people can’t tell the difference between a fake and real note.”

Administrative officer Kavin Tok, 38, agreed. He said, “I think the tell-tale signs of a fake is that the note will smudge if it comes in contact with water, but I guess we must be more careful.”

Police said they were 72 such cases reported from 2006 till the first half of last year.

Thank you for the incredible, amazing response to Yahoo!’s Fit-To-Post blog so far. We continue to welcome your views and comments but please don’t abuse this opportunity. Be nice. Be courteous. Be sensible. Respect the feelings of others and refrain from using any kind of offensive language.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation