Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mudball

Our 5rm Chai Chee Apartment At Bedok

hi mudball,

I wont say i like your marble like toilet wall tiles..... BUT

I will SAY I LOVED your marble like wall tiles :P

care to share where u find them - Soon Bee Huat or Hafary or ???

and how much psf ?

Thanks

Could not remember the exact name of the shop. It is at somewhere near Ang Mo kio. My reno ID brought me there. So did not pay attension to the name.

The cost is $4 per sqf. Hence, I paid an additional of total $260 to my reno ID for the 2 toilet, on top of the original quotation based on $2.3 psf.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
any more pics to show? your toilet marble tiles are really nice! which design ID did you engage?

Hi Shespawn, my ID is sean wong from idealhouse 21. you can contact him at 9699-8879

just moved into the new house and did a housewarming party last weekend.

Now, let me upload some picture of the house now.

This is a snapshort of the dinning area.

img0999n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my study room and living room separated by the TV wall. With the computer at one side and TV at the other side, and a media box connecting, I can watch HD movies downloaded from the Web directly on my big TV now. The sofa and coffee table are all purchased in China. Else, cannot afford to buy such high end stuff.

img0996b.jpg

Purposely designed a TV cabinet with a section of tinted class so that I can hide all the set-top boxes (singtel, starhub, media box, power socket). and the low hide TV cabinet acted as extra chair during my house warming party.

img0997h.jpg

The final look of the master toilet.

Bought a matching pocelain toilet set with cup, soap box, hand liquid container, etc. Shipped together with the sofa and furniture from China too. Cheap cheap

img1001vb.jpg

just moved into the new house and did a housewarming party last weekend.

Now, let me upload some picture of the house now.

This is a snapshort of the dinning area.

img0999n.jpg

my study room and living room separated by the TV wall. With the computer at one side and TV at the other side, and a media box connecting, I can watch HD movies downloaded from the Web directly on my big TV now. The sofa and coffee table are all purchased in China. Else, cannot afford to buy such high end stuff.

img0996b.jpg

the glass panel is very nice in the study room... is the track hidden in the gypsum board or exposed behind the wall?

the glass panel is very nice in the study room... is the track hidden in the gypsum board or exposed behind the wall?

the track is hidden in the gypsum board and the floor tile. Exposed behind the wall will be very ugly.

yes buying in china is v cheap.

but did u ship it over with ur own courier?

or ask them to ship it to u?

u used 1/2 a container?

I just engaged a door-to-door service from some freight forwarder. they take care to ship it to my house.

I separate the shipment in3 batches so that any defects from previous batches can still ship a 2nd part for replacement.

So, each batch is a few cubic meters.

I just engaged a door-to-door service from some freight forwarder. they take care to ship it to my house.

I separate the shipment in3 batches so that any defects from previous batches can still ship a 2nd part for replacement.

So, each batch is a few cubic meters.

nice!

where in china u get it? u chose from catalog or personally?

this is because when i was in china, i thought of carrying it back myself then gave up the idea.

nice!

where in china u get it? u chose from catalog or personally?

this is because when i was in china, i thought of carrying it back myself then gave up the idea.

hi berry_surprise. I bought everything from GuangZhou area. Quite a lot of furniture shops there. I order personally from the shop and gave them the warehouse address of my freight forwarder for delivery. The freight forwarder took care of all the shipping and transport.

hi berry_surprise. I bought everything from GuangZhou area. Quite a lot of furniture shops there. I order personally from the shop and gave them the warehouse address of my freight forwarder for delivery. The freight forwarder took care of all the shipping and transport.

correct, GZ is the place to go.

:) :) :)

Hi mudball,

Noticed that you've corner shelfing in the shower area. Are they granite or solid top & how was it installed into the wall? Can take a clearer pic?

The bathroom walls - did the tiler put a plastic strip at the edges of corner/L-shape walls?

I have also chosen a similar marble like tile for the bathroom.

Hi mudball,

Noticed that you've corner shelfing in the shower area. Are they granite or solid top & how was it installed into the wall? Can take a clearer pic?

The bathroom walls - did the tiler put a plastic strip at the edges of corner/L-shape walls?

I have also chosen a similar marble like tile for the bathroom.

Hi Livinstyle, tried to take a clearer picture for you just now. But it is not going to tell much.

The shelfing is granite. Did not see how the renovator install it. From the look of it now, it seems that they cut a groove into the tile to insert the shelf, because there is nothing else to support the shelf below and the shelf is solid strong to support all our showering equipments.

For the bathroom wall, we put the plastic strip at the edges. Originally, the renovator agreed to do the 45 degree cut of tile for the corner. However, after we choose the tile, he suggest that we use plastic strip because 45 degree cut tile is weaker (unlike the true marble). So, considering we have small children at home, we changed to plastic strip for round corner.

Hi Livinstyle, tried to take a clearer picture for you just now. But it is not going to tell much.

The shelfing is granite. Did not see how the renovator install it. From the look of it now, it seems that they cut a groove into the tile to insert the shelf, because there is nothing else to support the shelf below and the shelf is solid strong to support all our showering equipments.

For the bathroom wall, we put the plastic strip at the edges. Originally, the renovator agreed to do the 45 degree cut of tile for the corner. However, after we choose the tile, he suggest that we use plastic strip because 45 degree cut tile is weaker (unlike the true marble). So, considering we have small children at home, we changed to plastic strip for round corner.

thanks mudball for the explanation. where did you get the granite shelves from? is it ready cut to size, what's the cost like? i'm also considering having similar shelfing in the kitchen, but not sure what if the wall can hold long shelf.

we did considered using marble wall tiles for the bathroom. while this is beautiful, it is not so practical considering that marble tiles is best kept dry. guess real marble toilets are good as powder room, or the hotel restrooms where they have an attendant to wipe dry the place almost instantly.