Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karkadyz

Left-to-right Crack Wall

I have 3 places of hairline cracks in my wall after 1 year my apartment is completed. Should I call the building contractor to patch it up? Or, should I leave it like that? Will it cause any problem or bigger crack in the future if I leave it?

How long is the usual warranty for a new private apartment? I didn't see any warranty statement in the contract. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have 3 places of hairline cracks in my wall after 1 year my apartment is completed. Should I call the building contractor to patch it up? Or, should I leave it like that? Will it cause any problem or bigger crack in the future if I leave it?

How long is the usual warranty for a new private apartment? I didn't see any warranty statement in the contract. Thanks.

There is a 1 year of defect period given by the contractor.

There is a 1 year of defect period given by the contractor.

Probably just a plaster crack and not anything serious. You could probably touch it up yourself with wall putty and paint over the area. Very common problem in newly renovated/built homes. Just monitor and make sure the crack doesn't get any wider. If you can fit a five cent coin in between the gaps then you might want to get a professional to look at it, but if it's just a hairline crack it shouldnt be anything to worry abt.

Probably just a plaster crack and not anything serious. You could probably touch it up yourself with wall putty and paint over the area. Very common problem in newly renovated/built homes. Just monitor and make sure the crack doesn't get any wider. If you can fit a five cent coin in between the gaps then you might want to get a professional to look at it, but if it's just a hairline crack it shouldnt be anything to worry abt.

thanks... glad to hear that... i will monitor the crack.. 1st time buyer. dont know anything about building :(