Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktulips

Kitchen Renovation Possible?

Hi all,

I would like to find out if I need to renovate my home's kitchen (already 30 years old) but we are still living in the unit, will it be feasible?

Works (likely to be) involved:

- Replace floor and wall tiles

- New cabinetry

- Replace hidden water pipes that is linked to sink

- May have to redo the concrete plinths

- Replace and additional electrical points

Has anyone tried doing this before?

Perhaps the kitchen renovation would have to be done in phases?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I would like to find out if I need to renovate my home's kitchen (already 30 years old) but we are still living in the unit, will it be feasible?

- New cabinetry

Hi pinktulip, i see no one had replied ur post so probably jus my 2cents worth of comment. to renovate ur kitchen is possible .. many home owners had done it before but probably u have to qns urself if u are to do without the kitchen for approx 1mth. those works u mention are all the basic one would likely to do for their aged kitchen. Prob do drop me a pm if u have more queries regarding kitchen reno. As my parents place jus had their kitchen renovated.

Hi all,

- New cabinetry

Can do, provided don't:

- Cook, eat "outside"

- Wash cloth, laundry service

- Shower, go to public pool

And

- Whole house dusty , wear mask, goggle, naked body

- Locked rooms.....

Edited by bepgof

Can do, provided don't:

- Cook, eat "outside"

- Wash cloth, laundry service

- Shower, go to public pool

And

- Whole house dusty , wear mask, goggle, naked body

- Locked rooms.....

poo,pee,bath at masterbedroom toilet....

use a canvas to cover the entrance of the kitchen to reduce the dust... can reduce a bit only ba...

but ur kitchen ware sibei ma fan.... dunno throw to where.... washing machine, fridge, all the bowls and stuff....

I'm also doing this, renovate kitchen and kitchen bathroom while living in.

Only hack floor and wall tiles of bathroom.

Redo kitchen cabinets.

Have to tahan, no choice!

Edited by doubl3a

possible provided you don't have much/many things in the house. Someone I knew did that, they have little things, and then shift from rooms to rooms. lucky that they didn't need to reno their bedrm, so shifted everything inside.

Hi all,

- New cabinetry

Hi Pinktulips,

Are you done with the reno? I am going to embark on the same thing.. one of my shortlisted ID told me that the cost would be more though for the love of god, I can't understand why. I suspect that it's a ploy to make him seem very kindly since he is "willing" to not charge more. I mean seriously?

I was thinking they could do the MBR first and after it is done, move on to work on the kitchen and common bathroom. Please share ur experience with me?

Thank you.

Renovations on going now.. they are hacking the kitchen as i type while I am hiding out in the bedroom. The level of dust is unbelievable!

So in short, it is possible to have a live in reno. But -

- everynight i'll mop the floors of the bedrooms that are not undergoing renos. That is, the two 'clean' rooms in the apartment. Not really clean la.. dust will still find their way in.

- I covered some furniture but not all, so will be expected a big cleaning session when everything is over. Will definitely have to get pros.

- the workers are not paid to think, just work, so it can get frustrating if you're at home with them cos every single thing they have to be instructed.

Renovations on going now.. they are hacking the kitchen as i type while I am hiding out in the bedroom. The level of dust is unbelievable!

So in short, it is possible to have a live in reno. But -

- everynight i'll mop the floors of the bedrooms that are not undergoing renos. That is, the two 'clean' rooms in the apartment. Not really clean la.. dust will still find their way in.

- I covered some furniture but not all, so will be expected a big cleaning session when everything is over. Will definitely have to get pros.

- the workers are not paid to think, just work, so it can get frustrating if you're at home with them cos every single thing they have to be instructed.

You and me same. I'm living in while renovating kitchen and kitchen bathroom.

I emptied out my living room. Everything store into other bedrooms. Now fridge in the living room lol

i should have but i dunno why it didn't occur to me to empty out living room! i didn't even cover all the furniture... when i thought abt it already covered in dust... whoa lao... so i guess i'll just wait til the end or hopefully after the tiling and start cleaning.

my fridge is in the balcony.. heh. we have a little pantry there. a bit squeezy cos washing machine and all my utensils and cutlery or are stored in boxes in there as well but at least i get coffee in the morning. better than nothing la.

You and me same. I'm living in while renovating kitchen and kitchen bathroom.

I emptied out my living room. Everything store into other bedrooms. Now fridge in the living room lol