Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanna

My Humble Abode - 4rm Cassia Crescent

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went to look at the place again today. not much action yet, as we are still waiting for HDB's approval for the hacking to start.

the renoguys removed the wardrobe from the MBR.

Before (with wardrobe)

DSC00695.jpg

After (without wardrobe)

DSC00766.jpg

Just noticed that the aircon compressor is gone too.

DSC00769.jpg

And they layed protective sheets on the kitchen cabinets, since are will be keeping the cabinets.

DSC00763.jpg

Just noticed that the aircon compressor is gone too.

DSC00769.jpg

er?? :o

Air-Con compressor taken by Reno guys or ex-Owner? :o

hmm...

I know some air-con companies have a "Trade-In" discount

:P

er?? :o

Air-Con compressor taken by Reno guys or ex-Owner? :o

hmm...

I know some air-con companies have a "Trade-In" discount

:P

aircon units and aircon compressor taken out by our aircon contractor. hmmm... didn't know about trade-in discount. i really should ask them. thanks for the tip!

yay! my hdb approval came in today. time to see some major action soon.

going to check out the furniture fare at expo tomorrow. hope to finally buy something... we've been looking at so much stuff, but haven't bought a single thing yet. :)

finally bought some stuff today. :D

mattress - king size - slumberland - $2198 (free 2 pillows, 1 bolster, 1 mattress protector, 1 set of quilt covers + bed sheets)

Sanitary ware - $1052 (2 toilet bowls, 1 basin, 1 kitchen tap, 2 basin taps, 2 2-way taps, 2 hand sprays)

going to place the order for ou sofa set, coffee table and dining set tomorrow!!!

bought our sofa set today from Furniture Mall at Plaza.

We were there 2 weeks ago, and have identified the sofa set that we wanted. The auntie there quoted us $1699 for the set. When we got there today, and told her we wanted the exact same set, she told us that the set doesn't come with the 2 small cushions, and those were chargable at $58 each!! on top of that, she told us that for the same fabric as what we saw, it will be at 20% more. we could alternatively pick a lower grade fabric for the price of $1699. aarrgghh!!! i really really wanted that sofa set with that same fabric. so we started bargaining. auntie decided to throw in 3 little cushions, plus one ottoman. the ottoman cost $139 each. finally, after much bargaining, we agreed on the price, and added one more ottoman. total price is $2050. then auntie tells us about the 7% GST. aarrgghhhh!!!!! so we bargained again, and finally settled on the price of $2120. hmph!

we had a more pleasant experience at hommage. eric is super helpful and super friendly. he appears really sincere, and i feel very comfortable buying stuff from him. we finally settled on a 7 piece dining set, a coffee table, and a study chair. all for $1450. :)

found the pic of some of the stuff that we bought over the weekend.

Our MBR WC

MBRWC.jpg

WC-CAPRI06/10/12

CAPRIO Washdown One Piece Closet

-3.50 Litre Full Flush / 2.50 Litre Reduced Fluah

Size:700 x 380 x 820mm

super comfy sofa Set (we didnt get the coffee table as it was too bulky)

DSC00719.jpg

Coffee table (but our base is in white colour)

coffeetable.jpg

OOo I have the same common toilet basin and the tap! this basin you have to check the gradient of the base ya? cos some of them the slope is not steep enough and the water drains too slowly causing the basin to be very dirty.

Nice house!! I love the original condition of it too!

kitchen tap

kitchentap.jpg

MBR Basin tap

MBRBasinTap.jpg

Going change the flooring for the rooms? overall looks almst new leh..

I got the same 2 tapes.. :D

OOo I have the same common toilet basin and the tap! this basin you have to check the gradient of the base ya? cos some of them the slope is not steep enough and the water drains too slowly causing the basin to be very dirty.

Nice house!! I love the original condition of it too!

thanks... i get what u mean about the gradient... it didn't cross my mind. thanks for the tip. i haven't got it delivered yet... so maybe i can still change it to one with a steeper slope, but still stick to the same squarish shape which i love so much.

:)

Going change the flooring for the rooms? overall looks almst new leh..

I got the same 2 tapes.. :D

:) my kitchen basin is those one big and one small type... with only one tap. so the sales guy recommended this tape as it is 1.5inches wider, and will be easier to reach both basins.

no... we're not changing the floorings for the whole house... including the toilets... save money. :)

when we bought our sanitary ware, we got them from 2 different shops. from one of the shops, we bot some small items like taps and hand sprays. so we "cash and carry", and i have those with me at home now. i was just looking at them, and realised there is a scratch on one of the taps!!! yikes!!! i'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully they will allow an exchange.

common toilet tap - square stem to match our square basin

commontap.jpg