Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
owentch

Need Advice... What Do You Do With Your Old Aircon?

Hihi....

Brought flat from resale market.. the unit come with aircon system 3.. I believe this model is over 8 years old....

Existing aircon model - Fujitsu multi split type (3 rooms) with ASY9AN x3 (indoor unit) and AOY20AN (outdoor unit)

Here the scenario... my wife cant stand the heat.. so aircon should be operate most of the time...

I am thinking to replace the existing with new aircon system..

Need your valuable advice... how do you get rid of old aircon?

1. trade-in (not sure if any company does that),

2. auction off ebay (selling at low price and buyer will pay for dismantle fee)..

Many thanks

Regards,

Owen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hihi....

Brought flat from resale market.. the unit come with aircon system 3.. I believe this model is over 8 years old....

Existing aircon model - Fujitsu multi split type (3 rooms) with ASY9AN x3 (indoor unit) and AOY20AN (outdoor unit)

Here the scenario... my wife cant stand the heat.. so aircon should be operate most of the time...

I am thinking to replace the existing with new aircon system..

Need your valuable advice... how do you get rid of old aircon?

1. trade-in (not sure if any company does that),

2. auction off ebay (selling at low price and buyer will pay for dismantle fee)..

Many thanks

Regards,

Owen

You may like to call up Gain City to check with them if there is any rebate promo.

I got a rebate of S$240 + S$150 for using existing pipings.

Dismantling is FOC.

You may like to call up Gain City to check with them if there is any rebate promo.

I got a rebate of S$240 + S$150 for using existing pipings.

Dismantling is FOC.

Dismantling is FOC cos they consolidate all the old air for export to 3rd world country.

Once GC dismantle, it belongs to them, cover labour cost.

If you wanna sell to Karang Guni, The KG man must dismantle themself. GC okay with that.

Didn't know GC give rebate for use existing pipe. Must be the escalating copper price fuel by China economy :)

But if the aircon is already 8 yrs old, that's mean the piping is also 8 yrs old

Does it make sense to re-use the existing piping?

But if the aircon is already 8 yrs old, that's mean the piping is also 8 yrs old

If you will be doing a full renovation i would suggest you change new pipings. B'cos some pipings might be concealed by previous owner and if not doing any renovation then i think it will be better to re-use the same ones.

We are re-using the 5 years old pipings coz they are being concealed and it will be great job to hack and change

to new ones.

Edited by whitefantasy

Dismantling is FOC cos they consolidate all the old air for export to 3rd world country.

Once GC dismantle, it belongs to them, cover labour cost.

If you wanna sell to Karang Guni, The KG man must dismantle themself. GC okay with that.

Didn't know GC give rebate for use existing pipe. Must be the escalating copper price fuel by China economy :)

Yes they do rebate for using existing piping but not a lot only SGD50 for each aircon.

As for the new condenser unit we ask them to change to new piping & insulation coz old ones quite spoilt & ugly.

That one no further charge.

Many thank for all the 'knowledge' contribution

To my surprise, I am afraid replacing piping may not an option as the existing piping were conceal within build-in wardrobe… :(

I am thinking maybe for MBR will just install another system-1 aircon and dismantle existing indoor unit.

Thank you everyone :)

mmm I redid my air con after moving in for more than a year. I didn't replace the piping. the guy flushed out the piping with some chemical and and for some parts he put new piping joining to the old.

I think there was also some small rebate when he took the old units away. :)

BTW my house has a system 4 and a window casement unit. The casement unit is SUPER cold but not so energy saving lOL