Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixie

Town Council Inspection

Do i need to be present for the inspection? As in, what if the twon council mentioned A to Z, and the seller only done A?

ALso, for buyers, do u all check the pipings etc from the upstairs, downstairs neighbour or you engage a Certified Engineer etc to check?

What to look out for beyond just the big chucks of walls?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Do i need to be present for the inspection? As in, what if the twon council mentioned A to Z, and the seller only done A?

ALso, for buyers, do u all check the pipings etc from the upstairs, downstairs neighbour or you engage a Certified Engineer etc to check?

What to look out for beyond just the big chucks of walls?

Just share my experience as I sold my house about 1 mth ago. When the town council inspector came b4 1st appt to inspect, only seller need to be present. No point in the buyer be present too.

For my case, I need to remove a platform in my room and put the air-ventilation at the store-rm back to original condition. The inspector then come back to inspect again and give the "green" light. If its not done, I think during the 1st appt, the HDB officer will not allow the deal to proceed on. So buyer just sit back and relax.

I am not sure about inspecting the pipings, but I think its not needed, if it really leak from upstairs, the town council / HDB shall rectify it b4 you take over the house.

For buyer, b4 the 2nd appt, just go down to the house, take a look to ensure there is no major defects or problem before closing the deal. I can assure you, once the deal is done, the seller won't bother to fix anything ;)

For my case, I need to remove a platform in my room and put the air-ventilation at the store-rm back to original condition.

Thought sealing up of ventilation above door is consider acceptable....

Thought sealing up of ventilation above door is consider acceptable....

There are usually 2 ventilation in the bomb shelter, its OK to seal up 1 of them ( as what I did ), but for the other one, it must be left in original condition. I think there are some guideline in the HDB website which you can check. Usually the ID also not sure ( else why he seal up both my ventilation ?? :unsure: )