Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kerio

K's Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks all!

Our direct neighbour's getting their keys on the 15th Sep, so ours should be coming very soon. Think the delay for key collection is because we opted in for the doors.

Default HDB doors look quite nice for our block, thankfully.

DSC00006.jpg

Hello fellow punggolian!! u are fast!! we are still in a big headache to chose the ID lor.. :(

Hey Neighbour-to-be! Which block are you in? From what I hear, 601C's keys are being released quite quickly; my next door neighbour already have their key collection date appointment set for the 15th Sep; mine is 16th Sep!! Yaaaay :D

ID must choose carefully wor; if in doubt I suggest you go for the ones that are frequently used by our fellow Reno-talkers. You'll find that when there's a general vote of confidence from several people, you'll rest easier.

For me I went for a lesser known ID company; but we clicked with the ID and found her to be really responsive, though workmanship is still a question mark at this point in time. Our idea was that for a company to be in business since 1985 must mean they're doing something right... though in hindsight it could mean all sorts of negative things too.

Meeting ID on Tuesday for discussions and see amended 3D designs! Keys arriving 2 months before expected, but that may mean we'll be able to move in before Christmas! :D

Meeting ID on Tuesday for discussions and see amended 3D designs! Keys arriving 2 months before expected, but that may mean we'll be able to move in before Christmas! :D

That's good. Agree with you that the choice of ID/ Contractor is very important.

My reno will also be completed by year end, so keeping my fingers cross that I will also be able to move in before Christmas.

Hey Neighbour-to-be! Which block are you in? From what I hear, 601C's keys are being released quite quickly; my next door neighbour already have their key collection date appointment set for the 15th Sep; mine is 16th Sep!! Yaaaay :D

ID must choose carefully wor; if in doubt I suggest you go for the ones that are frequently used by our fellow Reno-talkers. You'll find that when there's a general vote of confidence from several people, you'll rest easier.

For me I went for a lesser known ID company; but we clicked with the ID and found her to be really responsive, though workmanship is still a question mark at this point in time. Our idea was that for a company to be in business since 1985 must mean they're doing something right... though in hindsight it could mean all sorts of negative things too.

Good for u! since u already settled everything, think most likely can move in by christmas lo.. :)

mine is 602A.. pray very hard will get my keys by end of oct lor, so that there might be a chance for me to do my reno by end of year as well but well.. really depends on hdb...

ha actually i quite enjoy the experience in looking for IDs and talking to them, really an eye opener for me! but now the headache is selecting the one that i can trust... :unsure:

Don't worry BlurRhino, your apartment will come soon! :) There's a lot of homework to do meanwhile ;)

Just bought quite a lot of items from Mega Discount! :D was actually intending to do a bulk purchase with our next door neighbor, but the prices and terms sounded very reasonable, so we just laid down a deposit for these items:

Purchases from Mega Discount

EF Hob HB-AG390, EF Hood CH-BS52A, Bosch Oven HBN 331E2J @ $1,700

Bosch Washer WAE 18161SG @ $899

Bosch Dryer WTV 74100 ME @ $760

Bosch Vacuum BSD 3023 (FOC)

Hitachi Fridge RZ481EMSX @ $799

LG Plasma TV PJ-250 @ $699

Philips 46" LED TV 46PFL5605 @ $1999

After wife haggled a bit, managed to pull the price down to $6800! Sales person was very nice too, though our last request had him scratching his head a little for places to cut from.

I read some bad reviews of Tempered Glass Hobs, so we may change it; we'll do some research first to avoid wasting the store person's time.

Mega Discount has a "match lowest price" policy too, so should be quite safe. I'll be going around to compare prices of the above models in the next few days :D

Edited by Kerio

Don't worry BlurRhino, your apartment will come soon! :) There's a lot of homework to do meanwhile ;)

Just bought quite a lot of items from Mega Discount! :D was actually intending to do a bulk purchase with our next door neighbor, but the prices and terms sounded very reasonable, so we just laid down a deposit for these items:

Purchases from Mega Discount

EF Hob HB-AG390, EF Hood CH-BS52A, Bosch Oven HBN 331E2J @ $1,700

Bosch Washer WAE 18161SG @ $899

Bosch Dryer WTV 74100 ME @ $760

Bosch Vacuum BSD 3023 (FOC)

Hitachi Fridge RZ481EMSX @ $799

LG Plasma TV PJ-250 @ $699

Philips 46" LED TV 46PFL5605 @ $1999

After wife haggled a bit, managed to pull the price down to $6800! Sales person was very nice too, though our last request had him scratching his head a little for places to cut from.

I read some bad reviews of Tempered Glass Hobs, so we may change it; we'll do some research first to avoid wasting the store person's time.

Mega Discount has a "match lowest price" policy too, so should be quite safe. I'll be going around to compare prices of the above models in the next few days :D

woo quite a bit of damage done. lol

but i think they can't really always match the lowest price. when my wife decided to get a hob and hood, i checked with everjoint on their pricing and then headed down to mega discount. when i told the sales person about the price offered by everjoint, he went to consult his supervisor and came back saying that they can't match it. the best price was $20+ more.

Some pics below:

Kitchen - we decided on Matt laminates, not sure if that's a good idea. Black and White theme as well (colors to be changed in next meeting).

63793919.jpg

Living Room - Right on the money.

83673499.jpg

The rest of the 8 3D perspectives need to be recolored, but at least everything's more or less there. Good progress all things considered.

Also found out she's getting married on Saturday, so being able to run through all the designs and so on while preparing for her wedding must be quite tough. Since we have a soft spot for these things, all is forgiven. And the wife really clicks well with her, so we'll be staying with this ID, I guess. Let's hope the workmanship is good!

Hi, very nice 3D pictures you had, wish you a good renovation.

Just to share with you a small point when I see your living room, I had a similar concepts like yours and small living room. I had some regrets as the TV is too near to my sofa, you can't really enjoy the whole wide screen ( unless you are getting 32" TV or smaller ), & it feel cramp when there are more than 3 people.

I would suggest you try to make the arrangement such that the TV & sofa are more space apart to enjoy the show and feel less cramp.

Just my 2 cents point of view :)

woo quite a bit of damage done. lol

but i think they can't really always match the lowest price. when my wife decided to get a hob and hood, i checked with everjoint on their pricing and then headed down to mega discount. when i told the sales person about the price offered by everjoint, he went to consult his supervisor and came back saying that they can't match it. the best price was $20+ more.

Ya large damage sia. But we over-budgeted a bit so managed to save a substantial sum.

Wifey and I had the same thought about the lowest price matching too! But overall the prices quite ok; less by $10 - $20 or so don't think I'll make too much noise. But for the 42" TV, I think $699 is the normal price haha.. so kena ketok for that one. The rest of it was not bad, particularly the LED TV - I think $1999 also quite typical prices for LED TV, though 46" quite a good deal. On hindsight, maybe should have gone Everjoint for the hobs and hood.. not very satisfied with the selection, so may just opt to cancel it from the order and go Everjoint look look see see first. Does Everjoint accept Credit Card payment?

Hi, very nice 3D pictures you had, wish you a good renovation.

Just to share with you a small point when I see your living room, I had a similar concepts like yours and small living room. I had some regrets as the TV is too near to my sofa, you can't really enjoy the whole wide screen ( unless you are getting 32" TV or smaller ), & it feel cramp when there are more than 3 people.

I would suggest you try to make the arrangement such that the TV & sofa are more space apart to enjoy the show and feel less cramp.

Just my 2 cents point of view :)

Thanks! I was reading some guidelines on RT sometime back about 46" being sufficient for about 2m or so, so that was what I was looking for since our living room is 3.15m long. If I include the feature wall and couch, perhaps left about 2m just right. We were trying to move about 2m back in the showroom so we could get a better perspective, and it seems quite alright for us... but that may be because we have a 40" Tube TV in our tiny 2metre room currently, so eyes already a bit pak jiao.

But anyway in typical Guy Fashion, whack the big big tv first, because difficult to get wife to upgrade in the future haha :D

Ya large damage sia. But we over-budgeted a bit so managed to save a substantial sum.

Wifey and I had the same thought about the lowest price matching too! But overall the prices quite ok; less by $10 - $20 or so don't think I'll make too much noise. But for the 42" TV, I think $699 is the normal price haha.. so kena ketok for that one. The rest of it was not bad, particularly the LED TV - I think $1999 also quite typical prices for LED TV, though 46" quite a good deal. On hindsight, maybe should have gone Everjoint for the hobs and hood.. not very satisfied with the selection, so may just opt to cancel it from the order and go Everjoint look look see see first. Does Everjoint accept Credit Card payment?

Thanks! I was reading some guidelines on RT sometime back about 46" being sufficient for about 2m or so, so that was what I was looking for since our living room is 3.15m long. If I include the feature wall and couch, perhaps left about 2m just right. We were trying to move about 2m back in the showroom so we could get a better perspective, and it seems quite alright for us... but that may be because we have a 40" Tube TV in our tiny 2metre room currently, so eyes already a bit pak jiao.

But anyway in typical Guy Fashion, whack the big big tv first, because difficult to get wife to upgrade in the future haha :D

everjoint only accept cash or cheque. the only bad side about them i think. lol

i bought from mega discount since i don't think it was practical to travel all the way down to amk just to save on the $20+

everjoint only accept cash or cheque. the only bad side about them i think. lol

i bought from mega discount since i don't think it was practical to travel all the way down to amk just to save on the $20+

Wah, so siong! Think maybe have to save up for it then.. actually can probably get a hob+hood combi with Everjoint within the month :D Maybe I go Kallang Leisure Park Mega Discount see first; if they have the gas hob types then can consider doing a transfer :D

Hi,

Your Layout is squarish and looks neat.

3Ds are also nicely done. All the best for the renovation!

Haha thanks! We quite like the layout, though the kitchen and dining areas are a bit odd. Then we told the ID we were going to knock down the kitchen wall, and then we saw a beam on the ceiling connected to the kitchen wall which might make hacking impossible =.='''

We're still outstanding quite a few 3D designs! Waiting for our ID to clean up the stuff and send to us - the colors are all wrong for the ones we currently have (not posted here) haha...