Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calaislily

Dining Room Furnishings

Thinking of purchasing the Top Top Table (black glass top) and Louis Ghost Chair (crystal colour) by Philippe Starck. The dining room lightings are baroque-style with black crystals. Will these items pull together well? Need opinions please. TIA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Basically something like this right?

KT-EDWARD.jpg

Just that the ghost chairs are in crystal.

Hmm it looks nice in the photo, though personally I think they would look better anchored to a more solid looking object (i.e. the table)

LE0505-111.jpg

A more solid table like this (similar to the Tulip table)

Fullscreen%20capture%207132010%2082736%2

Alternatively, this is slightly closer to your choice of a black glass top.

Having a solid table would make the impact of a chandelier/crystal lighting a little less over-the-top, such that there are not so many see-through things around.

Well that's just my 2-cents worth, in the end, its your home so as long as you like it, well who can stop you right? :)

Basically something like this right?

KT-EDWARD.jpg

Just that the ghost chairs are in crystal.

Hmm it looks nice in the photo, though personally I think they would look better anchored to a more solid looking object (i.e. the table)

LE0505-111.jpg

A more solid table like this (similar to the Tulip table)

Fullscreen%20capture%207132010%2082736%2

Alternatively, this is slightly closer to your choice of a black glass top.

Having a solid table would make the impact of a chandelier/crystal lighting a little less over-the-top, such that there are not so many see-through things around.

Well that's just my 2-cents worth, in the end, its your home so as long as you like it, well who can stop you right? :)

Hi gakuseisean

Thanks for your comments. You do have a point

Making sure that you get furniture that fits your dining room space is important. You want to get a dining table that allows you to have at least two feet of space to maneuver around it. It's almost instinct for American homeowners to think that bigger is better, but when it comes to furniture this is not always the case. You want your guests to be comfortable when they're seated and eating. This means setting up a spacious dining area where they can move and maneuver freely.

agreed with april_luv... my previous house had limited space and we feel so squeeze everytime we had dinner!!! hardly can move around!!