Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lubber Duckie

Life On A Treehouse

minoura%20bike%20tower%2005.jpg

It's Minoura 2 bike tower, I bought it 3 years back, should be $120-150 from local bike store.

No drilling required, spring-loaded tower, floor to ceiling.

Do take note of maximum ceiling height limit before purchase.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! :)

But seem a bit too ex, so think i will carry on to leave my bike on the floor. Dunno if anyone has any experience with those kind of bike hooks that can just mount on the wall? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Like your industrial looks Lubber Duckie, NICE!

very practical and convenient layout, from the looks of your kitchen. ;)

I see that you are a fellow rider, looks like a road bike there on the top.

I'm thinking of getting a bike tower as well, however it would be secured to a false ceiling,

would that be stable?

minoura%20bike%20tower%2005.jpg

It's Minoura 2 bike tower, I bought it 3 years back, should be $120-150 from local bike store.

No drilling required, spring-loaded tower, floor to ceiling.

Do take note of maximum ceiling height limit before purchase.

Good luck!

I have the wall hook for my current home. works fine for my 9kg mtb.

But seem a bit too ex, so think i will carry on to leave my bike on the floor. Dunno if anyone has any experience with those kind of bike hooks that can just mount on the wall? :dunno:
Edited by dexufto

Hi Lilithfiend, I applied copon polyurethane on the floor as I wanted a transparent and matte sealant.

But it seems to be peeling out like wax right now, so I may have to reapply another layer when I'm free.

Kitchen was newly tiled as we needed a heavy duty flooring.

Subway tiles and hexagonal mosiac tiles were both very costly, but we loved it too much to not do them.

Just visited your blog, did you apply 108 on your flooring?

Cos, there's also 107, which I'm considering right now, penetrating sealant.

sorry you lost me at "copon polyurethane" lol. i have no idea if they used 108 or 107..i just gave my contractor the jan 2010 issue of H&D and told him i wanted my floor to be like that. very small bits of our floor are peeling as well but not too drastically yet. and our sofa leaves a deep scratch if we push it across the floor..have to buy those furniture glides thingy from homefix.

sorry you lost me at "copon polyurethane" lol. i have no idea if they used 108 or 107..i just gave my contractor the jan 2010 issue of H&D and told him i wanted my floor to be like that. very small bits of our floor are peeling as well but not too drastically yet. and our sofa leaves a deep scratch if we push it across the floor..have to buy those furniture glides thingy from homefix.

Haha, from what you describe, it should be copon polyurethane+hardener.

You can request your contractor to apply another layer of it in future, anytime.

Avoid letting mop water residue on the floor for too long as it causes the peeling effect you're experiencing now.

Good luck!

Let's keep each other informed of other tips on our floor!

46028_421530751510_556136510_5344322_736

58307_424123336510_556136510_5397167_675

ooo .. yr all-in-one oven! I remembered u when I was enquiring on that oven! But too bad, in the end, I managed to be convinced by the majority and went for a separate oven and hob ...

love the way u hang the pots/pans and lids too. I still don't understand how u secure the lids - can post a zoomed-in pix?

hi there, i simply dig your loft (if am using the term correctly)! looks very studioish and sohoish.

something any designer of any discipline would love to stay to feel inspired

toilet is really a statement itself and boy, using the all-in-one hob and oven really iconic.

really a reno well done!

hope you share with us all the stories behind all these ya

Many of you asked about the kitchen sliding glass door, so I'll just post the specification here.

My kitchen sliding door : width, 1.4m by height, 2.1m. Thickness, 12mm.

Tempered glass.

It's abt $750-850.

Edited by Lubber Duckie

hi there, i simply dig your loft (if am using the term correctly)! looks very studioish and sohoish.

something any designer of any discipline would love to stay to feel inspired

toilet is really a statement itself and boy, using the all-in-one hob and oven really iconic.

really a reno well done!

hope you share with us all the stories behind all these ya

Thank you for your compliments!

I designed the interior myself, for the first time

Therefore, I was quite skeptical about it as it felt very experimental.

Comfort and usability were my top priorities.

Nevertheless, none of the furnishings are built-in, so I can move things around if they seem out-of-place.

I had all the amateur drawings of the lightings and electric points, will dig them out and post it online.

Am very very busy now with wedding coming up next month, so I'll prolly update this blog when I'm ready.

Right now, I would love to share any tips and hints for your on-going/coming projects!

I like the feel of ur house, very nice :)

Btw, hard to find toys collector in Singapore.. Imu usually hang around at china sq centre?

Saw u have a couple of sideshow.. I'm statue collector too, I usually collect Bowen and sideshow. ;)

your kdk quote is the cheapest among other shops in Singapore, good buy. Also like your kitchen glass door, can share the contact of the contractor?

Regards

Pat

Thank you for your compliments!

I designed the interior myself, for the first time

Therefore, I was quite skeptical about it as it felt very experimental.

Comfort and usability were my top priorities.

Nevertheless, none of the furnishings are built-in, so I can move things around if they seem out-of-place.

I had all the amateur drawings of the lightings and electric points, will dig them out and post it online.

Am very very busy now with wedding coming up next month, so I'll prolly update this blog when I'm ready.

Right now, I would love to share any tips and hints for your on-going/coming projects!

designing to your own desire but hey, is a job really well done!

wa.. another wedding and reno back-to-back couple.

same here but big day in nov 13, so can really understand what you mean by very very busy!

gd luck for everything

ooo .. yr all-in-one oven! I remembered u when I was enquiring on that oven! But too bad, in the end, I managed to be convinced by the majority and went for a separate oven and hob ...

love the way u hang the pots/pans and lids too. I still don't understand how u secure the lids - can post a zoomed-in pix?

yup, i also want to know how u secure the lids.