Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bepgof

Nv Residence In Pasir Ris

NV Residence in Pasir Ris yesterday received fanastic results 160 sold vs 200 launched, in first day. Look like MAS is on the standby.

GCT ,Tue,openly admitted gov "did not expect" a sudden surge of PRs in 2007 & 2008, and MND could not therefore "respond" in due time to build more houses. I have been wondering why the statistic board's data not being studied and analysed and actioned in due course, or some reasons behinh? PRs # now stand at 500,000. Foreigners in Singapore, now at 36% of total population. That is to say, every 3 residents, there is one "foreigner".

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

"Scary" remarks made by GCT on Tue, I thought another Dr. M is reborn. Luckily today got some clarifications, however, the signal sent out to PRs till "not so friendly", 10% is just an indicative figures......look like he will "need" to either appear in TV or in press conference on this issue.

Any comments?

Edited by bepgof

"Scary" remarks made by GCT on Tue, I thought another Dr. M is reborn. Luckily today got some clarifications, however, the signal sent out to PRs till "not so friendly", 10% is just an indicative figures......look like he will "need" to either appear in TV or in press conference on this issue.

Any comments?

I think some of these rules are very selfish. We depend on PRs and foreigners to boost our economy and then now we pass all sorts of rules.

First we tell them if they want to buy a resale HDB here, they need to sell off their house in their home country. Then we tell them that at some point, they may be asked to take up citizenship - if they take up S'pore citizenship, by right, they cannot hold another country's passport - basically we are also asking them to "cut off" ties with their home country.

I have 2 Singapore PR colleagues who think these rules are absurd. They said they would never give up citizenship in their home country.

In other countries, you can live for a long long time as a PR and then when you think you are ready, you can apply for citizenship yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Singapore is the only country that actively approaches the PRs to take up citizenship "otherwise they will review the PR status".

I hope the govt has not indirectly stab itself in the toes by passing all these statements. I think it could have been done more nicely and over a period of time.

If they are trying to make the local citizens happy by showing that they are "putting pressure" on the PRs, I don't think it's worked (well, at least not for me).

I think some of these rules are very selfish. We depend on PRs and foreigners to boost our economy and then now we pass all sorts of rules.

First we tell them if they want to buy a resale HDB here, they need to sell off their house in their home country. Then we tell them that at some point, they may be asked to take up citizenship - if they take up S'pore citizenship, by right, they cannot hold another country's passport - basically we are also asking them to "cut off" ties with their home country.

I have 2 Singapore PR colleagues who think these rules are absurd. They said they would never give up citizenship in their home country.

In other countries, you can live for a long long time as a PR and then when you think you are ready, you can apply for citizenship yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Singapore is the only country that actively approaches the PRs to take up citizenship "otherwise they will review the PR status".

I hope the govt has not indirectly stab itself in the toes by passing all these statements. I think it could have been done more nicely and over a period of time.

If they are trying to make the local citizens happy by showing that they are "putting pressure" on the PRs, I don't think it's worked (well, at least not for me).

I think these rules are just wayang before the GE to appease some angry Singaporeans about the influx of foreigners, and also cyco PRs to become citizens who will probably vote for PAP. The wayang has certainly pleased many first-time buyers based on the postings I read on forums. They are calling govt to further ban PRs from buying resale HDBs and ban owners from renting out their existing properties. If govt implement these 2 rules, a property crash will really happen! I think they fail to understand that some Singaporean retirees are relying on the rental income to feed themselves.

Making PRs sell off their properties overseas - is like tiny red dot trying to cool the global property bubble hahaha "Bu Zhi Liang Li". PAP think other govts of other countries will entertain them meh?

Edited by forgotten

NV Residence in Pasir Ris yesterday received fanastic results 160 sold vs 200 launched, in first day. Look like MAS is on the standby.

Wonder will the govt introduce more housing measures after seeing some launches selling like hot cakes? Eg. capital gain tax.

Edited by forgotten

Wonder will the govt introduce more housing measures after seeing some launches selling like hot cakes? Eg. capital gain tax.

Don't scare me le, my heart's getting weak. Need time to "measure" the result of these new rule first lah, chow chow will take another 6 months.

Edited by bepgof

How will the measure works in keeping private property prices from going up if PR now have lesser choice and have to go towards the private sectors? All it does it make demands for smaller units increase.

Don't scare me le, my heart's getting weak. Need time to "measure" the result of these new rule first lah, chow chow will take another 6 months.

Mr. Mah said the government is "very reluctant" to impose a capital gains tax—a tax on profits made from selling private property—as it did just prior to Singapore's 1996 housing market crash.

I've stayed in Singapore for donkey years and PR for for 10 years. Gahment never ask me to be citizen... Maybe i don't earn enough money.. :(

BTW, folks buying NV residence. Do note that there's half a chance might need to endure construction around the neighbourhood.. I think there are at least another 2 plots of land designated for condo beside it.

I've stayed in Singapore for donkey years and PR for for 10 years. Gahment never ask me to be citizen... Maybe i don't earn enough money.. :(

coz those guys had been sleeping on heaps of fat pay cheques, then suddenly something caught them by surprise.

coz those guys had been sleeping on heaps of fat pay cheques, then suddenly something caught them by surprise.

:bangwall:

God I'd love to be in their shoes. :P

Not yet. Thinking whether should buy now or wait it out. Been bit busy also.. How are you?

Fine for now, thank you! not sure abt the next few years. Still making plans :)

Glad that you are back in this forum :dancingqueen:

Fine for now, thank you! not sure abt the next few years. Still making plans :)

Glad that you are back in this forum :dancingqueen:

Good good. Wooo. Miss me? Hehehe making plans for kids?