Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

Meanwhile, plumber complete the kitchen sink works + mounting of accessories...

IMG_1376.jpg

New bedroom doors arrived...

IMG_1374.jpg

Test-fitting ok...

IMG_1379.jpg

Done for MBR door...

IMG_1383.jpg

20min later CR door done...

IMG_1391.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ceiling guys working on constructing pelmet to cover the glassdoor tracks...

IMG_1380.jpg

and touching up...

IMG_1387.jpg

Carpenter taking aim at the dishrack telescopic hydraulic extender...

IMG_1388.jpg

while his assistant puttying the nail-holes on the drawer...

IMG_1392.jpg

Rotating TV console arrived... :D

IMG_1382.jpg

Marking out...

IMG_1401.jpg

on false ceiling...

IMG_1404.jpg

and test-fitting...

IMG_1414.jpg

Coring thru rotating platform...

IMG_1429.jpg

Edited by neubie

TV console done... :P

Front view

IMG_1432.jpg

Rear view

IMG_1433.jpg

Recap the original draft...some slight changes to the movable console such that it can only turn 180 clockwise and CCW and will not keep turning until the HDMI/VGA/power/coax cables get twisted and damaged .... :good:

tvconsole.jpg

Test-dropped VGA cable into lobang.... came out of the shelf nicely... :rolleyes:

IMG_1436.jpg

nice reno!! cant wait for the final pics!

reno is almost completed, nothing really much to post for a 3rm liao, still got to DIY some touchup and hope it will not be back-breaking.... :unsure:

Wow !!! Your renovation is super fast!!!

is considered slow by my main con's standards liao.... but honestly speaking, he has got a team of efficient subcons working for him for a long time, so his subcons know his standards and character...

his record for 70k+ complete teardown of EM flat is one month.... even includes rebuilding glass staircase.... :) :) :)

Edited by neubie

neubie, nice reno. You are almost always there to take all the photos.... Envy....

Cos I'm quite a hands-on person who is curious about how it's done, at the same time "supervising" n checking the subcon for workmanship, correcting mistakes on the spot n ensure problems dun snowball until beyond economical rework. :)

If dun have the luxury of time, a few milestones are impt to be present, eg, carpentry, plumbing, aircon, electrical wiring. Others need not really be present also nvm. ;p

Cos I'm quite a hands-on person who is curious about how it's done, at the same time "supervising" n checking the subcon for workmanship, correcting mistakes on the spot n ensure problems dun snowball until beyond economical rework. :)

If dun have the luxury of time, a few milestones are impt to be present, eg, carpentry, plumbing, aircon, electrical wiring. Others need not really be present also nvm. ;p

Well said, Sir. And denoting of your Hall extension!

I just paid my site a visit, was glad that the subcon consulted me some minor details on the measurements.

Happy to see your completion of your apt neubie ( you have an efficient reno team), just need the fittings and you are ready to move in.

Well said, Sir. And denoting of your Hall extension!

I just paid my site a visit, was glad that the subcon consulted me some minor details on the measurements.

Happy to see your completion of your apt neubie ( you have an efficient reno team), just need the fittings and you are ready to move in.

Today is DIY day :D :D :D got my hands dirty and start puttying the gaps in grout lines of my LR...

My tiler was asked by my main con to come do touch up on wednesday... but told me he can't do much as there are so many things being done (see previous posts)... but he gave me some colored cement powder for the LR and white powder for the kitchen, briefed me on how to mix......

One might have thought the tiler should come another day while nobody was working in the flat, but then again, i would prefer to do some minor touchup myself as I can focus on picking out the areas better (rather than leaving it to them)...

first time trying this... agar-agar mix one spatula of colored cement powder to few rinse of water, mix well and gotten to a gooey paste, consistency not too thick (can't stick properly and fill the gap) nor too liquid (can't fill gaps), so long the consistency is somewhat like cream cheese at room temperature, should be able to fill the gaps w/o problems.... :P

IMG_1441.jpg

Actually it's quite fun to DIY this, much like spreading butter or cream cheese..... using a scraper, use the width and putty along the lines... give it few hours to dry and then scrape/wipe off excess dried cement powder, even the door frame gaps are puttied nicely....

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Edited by neubie

Today is DIY day :D :D :D got my hands dirty and start puttying the gaps in grout lines of my LR...

My tiler was asked by my main con to come do touch up on wednesday... but told me he can't do much as there are so many things being done (see previous posts)... but he gave me some colored cement powder for the LR and white powder for the kitchen, briefed me on how to mix......

One might have thought the tiler should come another day while nobody was working in the flat, but then again, i would prefer to do some minor touchup myself as I can focus on picking out the areas better (rather than leaving it to them)...

first time trying this... agar-agar mix one spatula of colored cement powder to few rinse of water, mix well and gotten to a gooey paste, consistency not too thick (can't stick properly and fill the gap) nor too liquid (can't fill gaps), so long the consistency is somewhat like cream cheese at room temperature, should be able to fill the gaps w/o problems.... :P

IMG_1441.jpg

Actually it's quite fun to DIY this, much like spreading butter or cream cheese..... using a scraper, use the width and putty along the lines... give it few hours to dry and then scrape/wipe off excess dried cement powder, even the door frame gaps are puttied nicely....

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Hi was very impressed on your renovation, would u mind sharing to me the qoutation and ur ID to me, as we are looking for renovation company to do our 3 room house too.. Thank you so much!!! my email: yioboon@yahoo.com