Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

Living Room

Now you see it....

IMG_3680-1.jpg

Now you don't :D

IMG_3678-1.jpg

The light transmittance of the perforated material used is 3%, ie to say, 97% of outdoor lighting is rejected.... the denser the perforations, the less light can pass thru, available in 3%, 5%, 10% flavors....

Below shows the before/after overall illumination of lifting/drawing down the perforated blinds on the living rooms. Camera settings are set to manual to override any exposure compensation.

Blinds lifted...

IMG_3671.jpg

Blinds lowered...

IMG_3672.jpg

Is that the KDK V56VK??? Can I check with you the height of your ceiling cos there seems to be lots of headroom below the fan...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Is that the KDK V56VK??? Can I check with you the height of your ceiling cos there seems to be lots of headroom below the fan...

Nopez, its the V60WK, 60" (1.5m 5-blade), not the 56" 4-blade model.... i am 1.73m tall, even with hands stretched out to finger tips oso can't touch the blades... :D

but note that given the 95" ceiling-to-floor height, the fan should be mounted on the bare concrete ceiling.

Edited by neubie

I am using the B version with blumotion, not the C version. you can check with the shops for availability of C version.

Refer to the details here.

What is diff btw b & c series?

Nopez, its the V60WK, 60" (1.5m 5-blade), not the 56" 4-blade model.... i am 1.73m tall, even with hands stretched out to finger tips oso can't touch the blades... :D

but note that given the 95" ceiling-to-floor height, the fan should be mounted on the bare concrete ceiling.

I was thinking after installing V56VK for my 2.4m high ceiling, there's pretty little headroom...so thinking hard whether to install...

Hi neubie, I like your WC design, is it good - in terms of flushing. How much is it and where did you buy it? Thanks...

$388 at Royal Fanco... flushing power is ok for small business, but a tad average for big business, depending on how stubborn are the "chocolate" stains :D :D :D cos nowadays, to save water resources, all WC bowls have to undergo water-efficiency testing and have ticks (the more ticks the more savings, like aircon and fridges). so some non-certified WC bowls have this "not tested for water efficiency" tag

so you can expect the more ticks, the more water is conserved, but there maybe leftover chocolate after a full flush :D :D :D...

A blinding story...

While everything is (almost) done, I figured i needed some draperies for the rooms.... Curtains are nice and add a cosy touch to the interior, but if I wanted blackout types they would be costly and high maintenance... hence settled for some low-maintenance blinds. Ease of cleaning is important here.

For MBR and CR, blackout blinds will be installed while perforated ones are for living room and utility room.

Thru fren's recommendation, I gotten their roller blind supplier to quote and install blinds at all my rooms today.... incidentally my fren's 5rm reno just costed 20k for polishing marble floor, painting, full height wardrobe with TV console in all 3 bedrooms, kitchen cabinet doors, glass showcase, ceiling works, feature wall for TV console with integrated Ubiq powertracks.... see liao so green with jealousy....

Anyway, back to topic, the supplier has a huge commercial project portfolio locally and within the AP region. Major hotels & serviced apartments like:

* Grand Hyatt

* Westin Stamford

* Regent Hotel

* Mandarin Hotel

* Merchant Court Hotel

* Ascott Executive Service Apartment

* Beaufort Hotel, Sentosa

* Raffles Hotel

* Goodwood Park Hotel

* Inter-Continental Hotel

So mine is just a small drop in the ocean, but they still entertain me, kudos to them.... :bow:

Hi Neubie,

Thanks for posting all those important and relevent information. I will be getting my key likely in Mar next year. I'm interested to engage Alan as my contractor too, does Alan give suggestion on design ideal such as kitchen layout/feature wall layout? I am also interested in your roller blind, can you provide me with the contact and price? Thank-you!

ok, basically, OpenNet installation is just a termination point (TP) connected to the optic-fibre backbone in your block. What is required is OpenNet's subcon will either install this FOC (if u accept their first offer) or paid (for some reason u declined the first offer and changed ur mind after that).

their scope of works is to run the necessary fiber cable into your premises and install the TP at a location where there is spare 13A power supply. The power supply is used not to power the TP, but the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and Residential Gateway (RG). These 2 pieces of ONT & RG will be provided by Retail Service Providers (RSP) like SingTel, StarHub or M1.

for now u only need to coincide their TP installation with ur reno as far as possible. nobody likes them to start drilling your walls and cutting thru your false ceiling after ur reno completed.

hope that clarifies.

Hi Neubie

Sorry to request you to explain to me further after you have given a very detailed explanation.

My house is under renovation now. The electrician has installed a conduit from my TV area to the telephone box outside my unit. He has also installed 2 double power points (normal type), an SCV point and a telephone point at the same TV area.

You mentioned, "their scope of works is to run the necessary fiber cable into your premises and install the TP at a location where there is spare 13A power supply."

Do I need a 13A power point at my TV area for OpenNet? Please advise.

I would like to have the OpenNet for the TV and for using my laptop or desktop.

I am not IT, or electrical savvy :bangwall:

Hi Neubie

Sorry to request you to explain to me further after you have given a very detailed explanation.

My house is under renovation now. The electrician has installed a conduit from my TV area to the telephone box outside my unit. He has also installed 2 double power points (normal type), an SCV point and a telephone point at the same TV area.

You mentioned, "their scope of works is to run the necessary fiber cable into your premises and install the TP at a location where there is spare 13A power supply."

Do I need a 13A power point at my TV area for OpenNet? Please advise.

I would like to have the OpenNet for the TV and for using my laptop or desktop.

I am not IT, or electrical savvy :bangwall:

First, i dun tink opennet will be in anytime suitable/ready for the HD content of TV, but even if it really is, you may need additional set-top box (like SCV/Mio) to connect.

Yes, at least a 13A PowerPoint is required for u connect to opennet. The ONT requires external power to convert the fiber optic signals from the TP. The TP shd have a PowerPoint next to it to reduce wiring clutter. In fact I have 4 x 13A PowerPoint at my TP area… one for ONT, one for NAS, one for router, and one spare. :D

Depends on how u want to connect your laptop to the Internet, if wirelessly u dun need any LAN cables (but link performance my not be 100% reliable and stable). If u connect with wired (which is best in terms of performance) then u need to ask ur electrician run LAN cables (cat5e) from the router ( where the opennet TP n ONT is located) to terminate at ur desired areas like MBR, bedroom01, studyroom, living room, etc. But of cos, gotta pay more la… so my advise is plan what u want n tell ur electrician before he completes the wiring work.

my installation is such that all these cable clutter are kept out of sight and not dangling which is very eyesore... which is why all my IT eqpt is kept in the cabinet.

PS: your mailbox is full.

Edited by neubie

Hi Neubie,

Thanks for posting all those important and relevent information. I will be getting my key likely in Mar next year. I'm interested to engage Alan as my contractor too, does Alan give suggestion on design ideal such as kitchen layout/feature wall layout? I am also interested in your roller blind, can you provide me with the contact and price? Thank-you!

Congrats on ur upcoming new home…:D yes, he does provide space and creative planning and layouts. Rollerblind contacts are as listed on my earlier posting. cost slightly below $800 for 2 blackout blinds (for bedrooms) and 2 perforated blinds (for living room and utility room)... if u are a DIY person, you can shave off another 100+ bucks off the labour costs... :D

It's never too late to start looking for quotes now. From what I know, his schedule is quite bz until CNY next year. Quite a few forummers have signed up with him…

Edited by neubie

Congrats on ur upcoming new home…:D yes, he does provide space and creative planning and layouts. Rollerblind contacts are as listed on my earlier posting. cost slightly below $800 for 2 blackout blinds (for bedrooms) and 2 perforated blinds (for living room and utility room)... if u are a DIY person, you can shave off another 100+ bucks off the labour costs... :D

It's never too late to start looking for quotes now. From what I know, his schedule is quite bz until CNY next year. Quite a few forummers have signed up with him…

Thanks Neubie, but I still can't find the roller blind contact.

Dude.... congrats on nice place!

Sorry have a noob question... those false ceilings, cove lightings; any problems with cleaning... or does one need to clean them at all?

I mean the false ceiling is a "latch-like" structure right?

Edited by epiphone

Dude.... congrats on nice place!

Sorry have a noob question... those false ceilings, cove lightings; any problems with cleaning... or does one need to clean them at all?

I mean the false ceiling is a "latch-like" structure right?

maybe just vacuum once in a while when the blown tubes need replacing.... those places sure got lizards and flies that die there one, just koot lat a bit clean, once the house gets older and dirtier, then boh-chup liao :D ....