Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueyme

*urgent* Need Advice On Tiling Works

I signed with an ID, paid deposit and selected tiles. However, I am wondering if i can and should remove the tiling works from him. In urgent need of advice if I should do so. pls help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I signed with an ID, paid deposit and selected tiles. However, I am wondering if i can and should remove the tiling works from him. In urgent need of advice if I should do so. pls help!

Why need to remove the tiling works from him?

The trigger point was actually he amended the quotation and did not inform me of the change. All along when we discussed, everything was based on the original plan and nothing was mentioned about the change. But only when he showed me the 3D, then he mentioned that the quote is actually based on the different dimension. Hence, the reduction in quote. I didnt check the wordings of the quotation/contract and only looked at the figure quoted and happily thought that he gave a discount. :(

Everything he quoted is higher than others, but I thought he has more ideas and communicated better. So i signed with him. For tiling, he is about 15-20% more expensive. So now i am thinking of what I can do to cut/reduce the damage.

Jaskel, think i pm you the quotation i received. Was wondering if you can help me to take a look and advise me what to be done.

Hmm don't think u should remove tiling frm him. Tile is easily damaged in the process of renovation. Thus, u would want him to that responsible when that occurs and change the tiles for u .

Else may end up having damage with no one wanting to help.

You could remove the following from him :-

1. Aircon installation , do that before any work is done in your house.

2. Painting

3. Electricial.

4. Pumbler

Edited by Jgal

The trigger point was actually he amended the quotation and did not inform me of the change. All along when we discussed, everything was based on the original plan and nothing was mentioned about the change. But only when he showed me the 3D, then he mentioned that the quote is actually based on the different dimension. Hence, the reduction in quote. I didnt check the wordings of the quotation/contract and only looked at the figure quoted and happily thought that he gave a discount. :(

Everything he quoted is higher than others, but I thought he has more ideas and communicated better. So i signed with him. For tiling, he is about 15-20% more expensive. So now i am thinking of what I can do to cut/reduce the damage.

Jaskel, think i pm you the quotation i received. Was wondering if you can help me to take a look and advise me what to be done.

Had already advised u by pm.