Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skywolf

From A Spot In East To Another Spot In East. =d

Hey guys,

Helping my friend to post this here... they need suggestion/ideas on where to place the fridge, WM, sofa, and etc... :drunk:

Right now, there is this small window in the kitchen wall on the right side (opp the right windows, done by previous owner), and they thought of keeping it (to keep their kid in view when in kitchen). This had thus prevented them from having top and bottom cabinets which they sorely need. Hse will be occupied with 4 adults + a kid (for now).

The kitchen windows on the right side is the place where to sun the clothes, and they have the intention of moving the cooker from where the current (as indicated in current workplan) to the opp side. As the chute is smack at the middle, it is hard for them to decide where to place the WM, since it will be better to place it near the common toilet...

Also, at the wall b/w BR3 and LR, there are 3 altars which take up abt 3/4 of that length. The remaining space is where they thought to keep the TV area, and the seating opposite. Would it be better to have a L-shape (one side against the glass balcony door), or a 3+2? :dunno:

:help:

floorplanl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice 5 flat design.

I think it is natural to place fridge and washing machine at the kitchen and sofa at the living room. Although what I just said sounds conventional, ultimately the placing of household items depends on the design you want.

Yeah, personally I feel the design is something different too. But then again, she said the space looks bigger than the actual. :dunno: Thus, with the chute there, and the wall opening at the kitchen, she feels that there'll not be enough kitchen cabinets. :)

I like the kitchen layout w/ 2 access door way. The kitchen size seems quite enough storage place for me :P

R they going to overhaul the place? or just do minor renovation?

I'll prefer to place fridge, sink & stove from left to right which is opposite the window. If need to have more work space then I'll remain the sink area @ the window side so that the cooking area will be more spacious.

By then the washing machine is a tricky part.

Opt 1 :

To check where is the available foor trap in the kitchen. Then consider where to place the w/m.

Opt 2 :

Relocate the common bathroom door to diagonal position so that enough space to place the w/m in between the door & window.

Wall bet. BR2 & living room is 4.3m shown in floor plan. Which means 3/4 is about 3m. Left 1.3m for tv only. The center of living area definitely will shift towards one side. Curtain also need some allowance too...

Just my personal opinion :P

They went from minor to 3/4, think last night's decision was to overhaul. :lol:

Thanks for your suggestions. Agree with you that base on floorplam, the 2-way access is not bad. I'll let her know your ideas, thanks. :)