Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
anneanne

Denne Residence @ Serangoon

Hi all! Can't believe that I signed up for an account 3 years ago in 07' and only posting my 2nd post today. Haha!

My husband and I got married 3 years ago and spent 2 years in HK until recetly we decided to move back for good. Before we left for HK, we actually have the choice to chose a unit @ Cityview which I love VERY much but in the end we gave up due to numerous reason. :(

I very much wanted to ballot for a brand new flat but I really don't like the long wait so we decided to look for resale instead.

We didn't go for a long house hunt period. We fell in love with this unit on our 1st viewing and after 2 weeks of price negotiation, we are now very proud owners of this lovely EM! ^^

Here's the floor plan of the house!

4896549153_44555b6c6c_o.jpg

1st appointment will be this coming 22nd! So excited!

I wonder when will we be able to get the keys... am all hype up reading about all the IDs and contractors! I can feel my pocket bleeding already... hopefully we can still keep within our budget after spending so much on cov. -_-

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to RT! From ur flr plan, think you should be at the serangoon north vicinity?

Anyway.. Enjoy your reno progress, looking forward to seeing ur reno transformation pics...

Cheers

Heyhey! Nice to see you posting on RT - Rest assured that I will be 'stalking' you here to see the development of your EM.

Your 1st appointment is just round the corner and I am sure you are all excited about it. And also, I just realised that your 1st appointment date falls on the day we celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival. :) Hehehe... Good sign - 团团圆圆!

Dear all thanks for the welcome! :)

As for where is my new place, its actually at Serangoon Ave 2... pretty near to the Nex mall! (one of the major buying factor of the unit hee)

@het: At that time during the allocation for Cityview, the price was really high so my in laws dissuade us to get it.. :/ cityview is just opposite my parents place so I pass by it very very often with an inch of heartache every single time. haha...

@luffs-n-lingz: hi babe! i have been thinking of the right time to post. haha hopefully will have more pictures to upload! Its coincidence that the date falls on mid-autumn festival. :P

Dear all thanks for the welcome! :)

As for where is my new place, its actually at Serangoon Ave 2... pretty near to the Nex mall! (one of the major buying factor of the unit hee)

@het: At that time during the allocation for Cityview, the price was really high so my in laws dissuade us to get it.. :/ cityview is just opposite my parents place so I pass by it very very often with an inch of heartache every single time. haha...

@luffs-n-lingz: hi babe! i have been thinking of the right time to post. haha hopefully will have more pictures to upload! Its coincidence that the date falls on mid-autumn festival. :P

Don't heartache anymore!

At least you got yourself an EM now and both of you like this new place so much. :)

Have you thought of a theme for your house?

Looking at IDs and all already?

Hehe...

Its really a waste. The 'waste' i'm referring to is that you did not take up a very very potential unit (not to mentioned its brand new) at 'developer' price, which will only appreciate in time to come. The reason I said that was that I stayed in McNair (just a short street away fr cityview but shared the same Boon Keng MRT station) for about 5yrs and just sold my place last year. I knew that area pretty well and appreciate and understand its conveniences and more importantly, its market potential.

Price is definitely on the higher side but you will definitely reap much more than you sowed in time to come (if you do intend to sell). Lets just say I sold my McNair unit (bought direct from HDB) last year for more than double the amt I paid 6yrs back. And to add on, I did not sell my McNair unit at the best timing as it was in the midst of US mortgage saga (ard Jun 09). We do however see the potential 'savings' we can make in buying a condo unit (condo price was almost rock bottom) then and we eventually bite the bullet and went ahead wen the unit is eligible to be sold. Just to further share, the COV for my McNair unit is only a miserable $4K !! It was not easy for us definitely but wat we lose in terms of potential COV for our McNair unit (easily over $40K in current market), our current condo unit had already makes it up 10 times over (base on the latest caveat lodge on URA website) :D

But nonetheless, the vicinity within Nex is definitely up and coming as well, and in a big way. Enjoy your stay there ya :D Cheers

Edited by het